We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
avoiding marijuana before DMT - how long? Options

sleepyhead
#1 Posted : 11/23/2008 10:09:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

in general, how long before smoking DMT should one avoid smoking weed? I usually smoke weed 3-5 times a day but only recently have had DMT become available. I assume at least you shouldn't smoke weed earlier in the day if you plan to smoke DMT later, but I also wonder if smoking the previous day could still interfere with the action of the DMT or prevent a breakthrough experience.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

69ron
#2 Posted : 11/23/2008 10:48:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You'll have a much better experience if you don't smoke weed at all within several days before using DMT. Weed clouds up the experience. At least that's SWIM's opinion. Other people like the combination though.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Infundibulum
#3 Posted : 11/23/2008 10:52:14 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Hi sleepyhead,

Weed never really interfered with SWIM's dmt experience. but on the other hand other people find that the exact opposite, possibly making breakthroughs more difficult and the experience more hazy.

Just try and see. but staying off weed for 2-3 days prior to smoking is a good idea anyway.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Jorkest
#4 Posted : 11/23/2008 3:10:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

you may have a harder time remembering the details...it effects spice journeys just like it effects your dreams
it's a sound

lorax
#5 Posted : 11/23/2008 3:38:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah that would be my guess as well.. since it totally messes up your short term memory..

but it also helps some people settling down for the experience.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

Jorkest
#6 Posted : 11/23/2008 5:00:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

SWIM always finds that its best to smoke AFTERWARD...because...how i see it is...spice opens up your brain to a whole bunch of energy...and weed is almost like putting some sort of goo in your brain..it slows you back down..comforts you...tastes so damn good...and i feel it helps with the cosmic shiver
it's a sound

fireduck
#7 Posted : 11/23/2008 5:23:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well so far the best way I have found to smoke DMT is by using partially smoked mj underneath the DMT. The DMT will fall right through a screen once it warms up, and although a friend gave me an oiler pipe, I do not really like using it. If your DMT is not white, then you really need to change out the pot every 2-5 times you fill up the bowl cause otherwise you burn the oils/fats and you will hate yourself for it.

When DMT was working well for me, I noticed I smoked a lot less pot. I don't really see anything wrong with packing a bowl whenever I feel like it, normally I smoke quite a bit of pot. But when I was using DMT, sometimes I would go 2-3 days and just not really feel like smoking pot (or DMT) at all. I was blown away because although I know I can go without weed when I don't have it, I never had it around and didn't smoke it before.

Anyway, you may have read my other post about saying DMT is not effecting me anymore so I am still taking at least a 2 week break from it, and I will test the effects of DMT again then. I agree I didn't want to be really high when doing DMT, but I felt like smoking a bowl was sort of required in order to properly pack the pipe I smoke DMT out of.

Jorkest
#8 Posted : 11/23/2008 5:40:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

spice stopped working for SWIM for about a month...but he didnt stop smoking it...he kept trying and trying and trying...finally he got 'beat up' seriously...thrown around..struggling...writhing around on his bed...it wasnt scary...just really shocking...he got the message though...so he took a break..and then the next time he did it...it was fucking awesome..so great...they just want to hear from you once and awhile...but its like having a good friend...kinda stupid friend..that barges in all drunk at your parents house while introducing your girlfriend to them...you would be like..dude get the fuck out..cant you see we are eating...

but they dont mind so much if you are calm and focused...stopping in to say hi
it's a sound

sleepyhead
#9 Posted : 11/23/2008 11:27:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

the one time so far was after a week on a reduced weed intake (1-2 sessions rather than 3-4 a day) with the last toke about 20 hours beforehand. no breakthrough, at least partly because of smoking technique. by the end of the session the technique was mastered but waiting for the next time felt like a good idea to try to break through. definitely the most intense and vivid visual experience and clear sense of euphoria any of the participants had ever experienced.

point is, now it seems a lot more worth it to me to eliminate weed for 2-3 days before DMT because just HOLY FUCK that was an experience beyond any other and if that's only the start then I don't want something as mundane as weed getting in the way. the problem is i live with a bunch of stoners and it is often socially difficult to not be offered weed by a friend at least several times.

Linga Sarira
#10 Posted : 11/24/2008 12:13:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest wrote:
.but its like having a good friend...kinda stupid friend..that barges in all drunk at your parents house while introducing your girlfriend to them...you would be like..dude get the fuck out..cant you see we are eating...

but they dont mind so much if you are calm and focused...stopping in to say hi

LOL can you imagine if it was the other way around and you were sitting down for dinner and some unevolved creature from a lower dimension suddenly materialised into your living room after smoking a chemical, i guess if its a bad time youd be a bit annoyed, or do you think they just wait around for us trippers to pop in so they have someone to play with? Confused

'Coatl
#11 Posted : 11/24/2008 12:23:37 AM

Teotzlcoatl

I do 3-7 days of no drugs or psychoactive before any entheogenic experience.

I fast as well.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

- mattress -
#12 Posted : 11/24/2008 1:44:33 AM

Mathew

I'd say wait at least three days before having spice. That way you have a clear head, and a clean experience.
Xochipilli

dimitrius_rexus
#13 Posted : 12/2/2008 3:42:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

yes, it does help very much before a breakthrough

it is interesting to mix alittle in with some good mj every so often though
All of my posts are fiction.

DMTripper
#14 Posted : 12/2/2008 11:36:32 PM

John Murdoch IV

I don't like to mix it. Well I don't like to smoke weed at all anymore after I started using DMT.
After I stopped smoking weed I'm going sooooo much deeper when breaking through.
For me it's a huge difference but some people like to mix DMT and weed.

We're all different and you should just try both ways and see what suits you.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

varun
#15 Posted : 12/7/2008 11:24:17 AM

jo_cosmic

I also found that pot is not very helpful when it comes to remembering the trip.
SWEETEST LULLABY'S EMANATE FROM THE CORE OF MY BELIEFS COMFORTING THE SLEEP...OR WAS THAT FEAR??!!