We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Yellowing Caapi Leaves Options

Once
#1 Posted : 6/28/2011 3:21:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a three year old Red Caapi plant in my apartment. She has grown very healthy the last few years, always growing new leaves and keeping a healthy green color. This spring/summer however, her leaves started yellowing one at a time. At, first I thought it was no big deal, but the problem is progressing and I am afraid that if it doesn't changed soon, that she will lose all of her beautiful foliage! I moved her into a shadier window that recieves very little direct sunlight, and I added some Bone/Blood meal to her soil. Right now she has about 25 healthy leaves, but she has lost 8-10 already this spring, and I can see more turning yellow as we speak. There doesn't seem to be a consistant pattern to the yellowing, but I do find that if one branch has a affected leaf, the rest of the leaves on that branch are usually the next to turn.

PLEASE HELP! Thanks,
Once
All statements made by Once have no basis in reality, if reality even exists.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

MelCat
#2 Posted : 6/28/2011 3:32:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like a nitrogen deficiency. You can get some nitrogen rich bat guano or some earthworm castings and that should help.

Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

Once
#3 Posted : 6/28/2011 3:55:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Melodic,

That was my thought when adding the Bone/Blood meal fert the other day. Hopefully this helps, I guess I need to give it some time and keep my fingers crossed.

All statements made by Once have no basis in reality, if reality even exists.