We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Ready for me? Options

psyco_nomad
#21 Posted : 6/24/2011 6:27:33 AM

Joe

fractal enchantment wrote:
I know you are a wealth of information, but that does not count for everything.

I don't know you, or anything about past shit, I'm not one to study little details (i.e. tone of one,s voice, or in this case key stokes) but if your a wealth of information... hell yea!

Welcome back!

I think Sharing knowledge of this sites subject matter, and the willingness of people wanting to share said knowledge should be the focus, not Past drama.
Live. Love. Forgive.

I dont think that makes much sense but I'm a bit out of it now, hope you guys can make sense of it.

We live in illusion and the appearance of things. There is a reality. We are that reality. When you understand this, you see that you are nothing, and being nothing, you are everything.
Cogito Ergo Sum

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

SWIMfriend
#22 Posted : 6/24/2011 6:36:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

'Coyotl wrote:
I'm positive y'all will find a reason to justify banning me if y'all choose. Be it my "tone", attitude or the way I type y'all will find something if you focus on it...

This is a good example of your attitude: all problems or issues are somebody ELSE'S fault (and problem). Already you're showing your unwillingness to try to be a part of the community without conflict. Conflict? Just somebody else's problem, right? In the end it's necessary to try to get along; and you already show (actually, state explicitly) that you just don't CARE whether or not things are harmonious. If you at least CARED about such things--even if you weren't effective at them--there could at least be some HOPE.

But if you don't care whether you get along with people, then why should people care about having you around?

'Coyotl
#23 Posted : 6/24/2011 6:42:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I do not intent to cause conflict, that was not the point of that comment.

I apologized for any drama I may have cause and I also apologize to anyone I may have offended.

Quote:
But if you don't care whether you get along with people, then why should people care about having you around?

If somebody doesn't like me or what I have to say... fine. Because I have good info.

SWIMfriend
#24 Posted : 6/24/2011 6:51:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

'Coyotl wrote:
I do not intent to cause conflict, that was not the point of that comment.

I apologized for any drama I may have cause and I also apologize to anyone I may have offended.

Intentions are important, but OUTCOMES are even more important. Sorry. Personally, I'm not really bothered by you--but I have a thick skin for tension. You clearly DIDN'T and still DON'T understand that you cause disharmony and fracture; and you still pretty clearly don't seem ready to work on CHANGING that.

You don't understand that it's not about forgiveness--it's about PRACTICAL REALITY: If you damage the Nexus experience for a significant portion of posters then you're not a good poster to have around, in a PRACTICAL sense.

But...I'm sure you know--the person you'll have to speak with is The Traveler.

SWIMfriend
#25 Posted : 6/24/2011 6:55:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

'Coyotl wrote:
If somebody doesn't like me or what I have to say... fine. Because I have good info.

That is EXACTLY EQUIVALENT to "It's fine by you if you annoy people." THAT is the problem. Annoying is one thing; not even CARING whether you make others miserable is another. It's that last part that's the problem, and you're being honest when you say you just don't care. It's because you don't care that people don't care to have you post.

Bill Cipher
#26 Posted : 6/24/2011 7:05:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Uh, yeah... I won't swing the ban hammer without Traveler's say so, but my opinion is 100% hell no. You're waaaaaaaaay more trouble than you're worth. I guess that's why you were banned FOREVER.

ThirdEyeVision
#27 Posted : 6/24/2011 7:21:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome home. Just learn to play nice and civil and im sure you can fall into the good graces of the chosen ones in due time Pleased

I for one have learned alot from you and look forward to us all moving past this chapter.

ThirdEyeVision
It's the third eye vision, five side dimension
The 8th Light, is gonna shine bright tonight

The Traveler
#28 Posted : 6/24/2011 10:43:17 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

I'm afraid that the DMT-Nexus wel never be ready for Coatl again. Coatl is one of the few people who is permanently banned from the DMT-Nexus. I don't think this person will ever be able to behave.

REASONS FOR SUSPENSION
This are some of the reasons why Coatl was banned:
* Asking how to create opium from poppy seeds
* Proposing to trade cactus for extracted DMT
* Proposing to smuggle plants into Australia
* Disputable knowledge (Coatl showed over and over again to have no real knowledge of entheogens besides hearsay, Coatl even had to add a disclaimer in his signature to prevent people taking Coatl's words as truth since some 'advice' was outright dangerous)
* Many postings with no real meaning (one-liners with no arguments, things you can google quickly and a lot of meaningless cut-and-paste lists)
* Repeatedly not listening to advice and warnings
* Aggressive postings and PM's
* Bending the rules
* Name calling
* And the list goes on...

THE MANY CHANCES

After the first suspension it was decided, after some time, to give Coatl a second chance. Unfortunately the bad vibes of Coatl returned pretty soon, another and longer suspension was followed.

Of course we are not that bad when it comes to forgiving so Acolon_5, after having some good talks with Coatl, asked the mods and me if it was ok to have Coatl return. First we did not approve but after another three months it was decided that Coatl could return but this time under the wings of a moderator (Acolon_5) and with some strings attached:
* Posts will be moderated: they will only show up after a mod approved the post
* Only 5 posts a day, no matter if they pass the mod-filter or not
* No more pretending to be a girl, I think he only does this to manipulate attention towards him
* No more long Googled lists
* No more fights
* No more pointless one-liners
* Every post needs to be at least neutral, better is for a posts to be an addition
* No PM's allowed, only replies are.

All these strings were meant to be able to let Coatl back on the forum without him turning threads into fight pools and giving bad advice. I had to program some features into the forum to be able to get Coatl back. Coatl agreed to this extra strings.

In the beginning this worked, Coatl behaved and not too many bad posts were intercepted. However, after about a month the rate of bad posts inclined and Coatl started to argue with us about trivial things and started to ask for attention in a bad way, one mod even named this behavior 'social vampirism'. It seems this person just needs conflict.

After this I decided that enough was enough and that Coatl was an helpless problem. We tried our very best and unfortunately failed at helping this person. My guess is that this person has a disorder that cannot be healed, that disorder is preventing him to be able to stay on any fora wihout being banned (don't think we are the only forum that banned Coatl).

OTHER THINGS

After Coatl got banned for the last time I thought it would be a good idea for Coatl to have his own forum, finally a forum where he could not be banned and where he could learn about the results of his actions. I created that forum for him and even allowed others to link to that forum on the DMT-Nexus. Allas, when I just checked I saw that this forum was not active anymore.

further more, Coatl started to talk badly about the DMT-Nexus on other fora. Luckily for us, most fora quickly realised the real personality behind Coatl and banned him from their fora too.

So if people ever think about giving this person a second chance: We already did, we even added a third chance which required a lot of efford from our side. This person failed at every try, with every approach and I just cannot see how this person will ever succeed.

For me this case is really closed!

Kind regards,

The Traveler

PREV12