We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Diphenhydramine and aya Options

justine
#1 Posted : 6/22/2011 9:17:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi,

I will have my first aya experience tomorrow and since I'm quite prone to nausea and do not have any datura seeds i wonder if anyone
has ever taken DPH (diphenhydramine) with Aya, could it be dangerous because of the RIMA action of caapi ?

DPH has been very helpful when I worked with 2C-E, it killed 90% of the bodyload and without it the trip was wasted because of the heavy bodyload
and nausea.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks,

Justine,
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

ms_manic_minxx
#2 Posted : 6/22/2011 5:42:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I very rarely experience nausea when I drink ( <1% of the time), so there is a chance it might not be that unbearable at all... and the times I have gotten sick have been absolute part and parcel of the experience. However ill you feel for a few minutes, it will always pass and you will feel that much better when all the internal debris has been shaken from your being... No amount of sickness has ever made Ayahuasca a waste, IMHO. Smile
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

jamie
#3 Posted : 6/22/2011 6:00:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I would just deal with the sickness..or maybe take mushrooms if you dont want any nausea.
Long live the unwoke.

corpus callosum
#4 Posted : 6/22/2011 6:13:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Diphenhydramine, when taken with MAOIs, will result in increased sedation and increased anti-muscarinic effects such as blurred vision, dry mouth, trouble passing urine and sometimes heart palpitations.

I personally would avoid taking such meds with aya.Listen to Fractal and Minxx!Smile
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

Dorge
#5 Posted : 6/22/2011 8:21:16 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

Smoke changa...
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

justine
#6 Posted : 6/22/2011 8:46:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok, thanks a lot for the advices, I will try to deal with any eventual nausea without dph. Very happy

Quote:
I would just deal with the sickness..or maybe take mushrooms if you dont want any nausea.

Mushrooms also give me nausea at the dose I work with (5-9g) Confused
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

ragabr
#7 Posted : 6/22/2011 10:43:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dimenhydrinate did wonders for my ibogaine experience.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms