We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mimohuasca Options

Eternaldreamz
#1 Posted : 6/16/2011 12:52:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi everyone, been reading your forums for a couple weeks now and decided to join the community. I've been interested in dmt for a year or so now and I've decided to get involved, & look forward to getting to know you guys and discussing a variety of topics.

Recently I acquired some rue and mhrb in hopes of having my first experience with these materials, however it didn't seem to have an effect. I used 3.5g of rue, and 9g of mhrb. I used a crock pot and distilled water to cover the material, I added a few ascorbic acid tablets (vit c) as I read it would act as a pulling agent.

I simmered for about 30 minutes (3x), each time straining and adding fresh water and extra ascorbic acid, the liquids were combined in a jar and left to sit for about 24 hours (there was still a good bit of the material in as some stuff got through while straining).

The day I imbibed I filtered the liquid one last time and set off on my journey, when I arrived I had the rue and gave it about 20 minutes to inhibit then had about 2/3's of the tea. I read that effects should be felt in about 20-30 minutes but after about an hour or so I only felt a bit of sedation which I attribute to the rue, so I had the remaining tea and still no other effects aside from the slight sedation (also I never had a purge or felt an urge to).

I'm wondering if my brewing technique was off or if maybe I got some weak material, I did do an a/b on it prior to getting the rue, using vinegar and lime and even though I got low yields (about 160mg from 30g) I did get xtals.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

BananaForeskin
#2 Posted : 6/16/2011 1:54:42 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

Did you grind the rue up? Was it powdered mimosa? If the rue was whole, then you probably didn't pull many of the actives from it. Ditto the mimosa.

Your brewing technique sounds fine, much like mine (3x 45min for the rue and 1x 45min for the mimosa) which has never failed me.

But do note that if I brewed that brew and drank it, 9g mimosa would be WAAAAY too much and I feel like I'd walk away with some serious mental problems... SERIOUS mental problems... 2.5g is about my maximum normally.

¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

Global
#3 Posted : 6/16/2011 1:57:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Sounds like you could've extracted a healthy amount of the DMT that would have gone into your brew. I'm also curious as to how you took the rue. It definitely should have worked. Perhaps you had the heat too low? I keep it just around the threshold of boiling.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Eternaldreamz
#4 Posted : 6/16/2011 3:00:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

The rue was whole and mimosa was pre-powdered, well I tried to grind the rue with a mortar and pestle but it was quite hard and didn't break up very well. As far as the water temp, it was really hot to the touch almost burning my hands when I squeezed the filter.

BananaForeskin
#5 Posted : 6/16/2011 3:46:42 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

As far as the rue goes, you should seriously crush it; no half-measures there. I usually use a plastic bag and a hammer.

When I make it I keep the water at a gentle boil.

Try the same rue dosage with perhaps 2-ish grams of mimosa, see what happens!
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

Global
#6 Posted : 6/16/2011 4:02:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I crush my rue with a "spice mill"/pepper grinder and it works great.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

Eternaldreamz
#7 Posted : 6/16/2011 5:01:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok ty for the help, I should have a pepper mill around. mb it's good that it didn't work before with that amount.

Global
#8 Posted : 6/16/2011 11:13:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

After grinding them up in the mill, I find the easiest way to consume the rue is by stuffing it in gel caps and poking a few holes (I use a thumb tac) in them (so you can digest them faster). This way you taste as little rue as possible.

DubOne
#9 Posted : 6/16/2011 4:32:34 PM

Schaun

The other day I did the same... 3g of rue ground in my coffee grinder and 10g of powdered MHRB.

Except I used vinegar to make the water acidic, MHRB > did 3 pulls about an hour/hour and a half each time. Rue > one boil about an hour.

Filtered through old cotton tshirt.

took half hour after the rue.

I felt the dmt... but it wasnt really affecting me... kinda reminded me of a mild dose of lsd.

Is there something we're missing? I'd be kinda worried about upping to 15-20g's. after the reading ive done.
I am not a fictional character

Sempiternal
[sem-pi-tur-nl]
–adjective Literary .
everlasting; eternal.

Eternaldreamz
#10 Posted : 6/16/2011 8:07:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Nice I got some of those "0" size caps so that'll be perfect.

There's gotta be a heat point though where it vapes out I'm thinking.

Global
#11 Posted : 6/16/2011 8:15:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DubOne wrote:
The other day I did the same... 3g of rue ground in my coffee grinder and 10g of powdered MHRB.

Except I used vinegar to make the water acidic, MHRB > did 3 pulls about an hour/hour and a half each time. Rue > one boil about an hour.

Filtered through old cotton tshirt.

took half hour after the rue.

I felt the dmt... but it wasnt really affecting me... kinda reminded me of a mild dose of lsd.

Is there something we're missing? I'd be kinda worried about upping to 15-20g's. after the reading ive done.

Do not take more. 10g is a lot if it's prepared right. What I would do would be to keep the water boiling so that it's just covering the mimosa. When that water gets too low that it's not covering it anymore, just add fresh water and continue boiling.

ragabr
#12 Posted : 6/16/2011 8:27:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Eternaldreamz wrote:

There's gotta be a heat point though where it vapes out I'm thinking.

The salts of these compounds are very stable, and there's a limit of how hot water gets (its boiling point). As long as it's still in water, everything will be just fine.

With Caapi, some of the sugars caramelize if you do a full boil, so for that it's best to simmer.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

Eternaldreamz
#13 Posted : 6/21/2011 3:47:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I tried 3g recently, ground the rue in a pepper grinder and it came out pretty fine, I got some cev's and I felt really happy, but didn't break through or get close I felt. Should I increase the rue or the other, both?

Global
#14 Posted : 6/21/2011 5:48:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As long as you've taken enough rue to feel the effects of the DMT, that means that that's all you'll need on the rue end. You may wanna up your mimosa on the other hand. What I would do would be if you make like 6g mimosa for example, and then only drink half of it. If you still feel like you're not getting as much as you'd like after an hour or so you can either drink the rest or a fraction of the rest.

Rivea
#15 Posted : 6/22/2011 2:29:55 AM

No.. that can't be...

Senior Member | Skills: Harmalas, A/B Extraction, Sonication, Sterile Processing, Hardware design, Craftsman

BananaForeskin wrote:
Did you grind the rue up? Was it powdered mimosa? If the rue was whole, then you probably didn't pull many of the actives from it. Ditto the mimosa.

Your brewing technique sounds fine, much like mine (3x 45min for the rue and 1x 45min for the mimosa) which has never failed me.

But do note that if I brewed that brew and drank it, 9g mimosa would be WAAAAY too much and I feel like I'd walk away with some serious mental problems... SERIOUS mental problems... 2.5g is about my maximum normally.

I would not say serious mental problems... but it was very intense to use 3 grams rue followed by 7 grams of MHRB. Last time I tried this combo about 1 year ago got me a 4 hour ticket into hyperspace with a solid 1 hour peak that was beyond belief!

Beeeeee bery bery careful.
Everything mentioned herein has been deemed by our staff of expert psychiatrists to be the delusional rantings of a madman who has been treated with Thorazine who is hospitalized within the confines of our locked facility. This patient sometimes requires the application of 6 point leather restraints and electrodes at the temples to break his delusions. Therefore, take everything mentioned above with a grain of salt...

Wet
#16 Posted : 6/22/2011 2:31:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm having the exact same experience.

I use cold water (let the mimosa sit in cold water, shake 3-4x every hour, with a cap full of vinegar). Filtered through a T-shirt.

I take 6g of powdered rue mixed with water, and 150ml of the minmiosa (50g per 750ml of water, that works out to roughly 10g)

I've had "small" experiences so far, but not a breakthrough, which is what I'm really striving for.

Global
#17 Posted : 6/22/2011 2:42:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You should really just do boils instead of cold water brews. I would have to say that would most likely be the cause of your problem, wet.

Wet
#18 Posted : 6/22/2011 2:47:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Global wrote:
You should really just do boils instead of cold water brews. I would have to say that would most likely be the cause of your problem, wet.

Ok, thanks for the response; I saved the mimosa that I already filtered, should I reuse that or just make a new batch?