We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Amanita Muscaria Changa? Options

Purges
#1 Posted : 6/20/2011 4:22:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi guys, SWIM has never tried A. Muscaria, but has heard reports of a pleasant effect when smoked. Which leads him to wonder... Would it make a good substrate for a changa blend? How would it affect the over all experience? Apparently it is some what of a dissociative, so may enhance or dull the effects of spice?

Thoughts / experiences please people! SWIMs imagination is starting to run riot with all the possibilities Shocked

Love to all,

P
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

knowledge
#2 Posted : 6/20/2011 4:56:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have smoked many types of mushrooms with no effects, So i cant pull from my personal experience. I have not smoked the A. Muscaria but i have read mixed reviwes on smoking it, some say it works others say it has no effect. Personally i use Cannabis as a changa and it has amazing effects. Amanita muscaria is also toxic so i would not use an MAOI with it.

~Amanita muscaria poisoning typically occurs in either young children or people ingesting it for a hallucinogenic experience.[12][46][47] Occasionally, immature button forms have been mistaken for edible puffballs.[48] Additionally, the white spots may be washed away during heavy rain and it can then appear similar to the edible A. caesarea.[49]

Amanita muscaria contains a number of biologically active agents, at least two of which, muscimol and ibotenic acid, are known to be psychoactive. A toxic dose in adults is approximately 6 mg muscimol or 30 to 60 mg ibotenic acid;[50][51] this is typically about the amount found in one cap of Amanita muscaria.[52] However, the amount and ratio of chemical compounds per mushroom varies widely from region to region and season to season, which further confuses the issue. Spring and summer mushrooms have been reported to contain up to 10 times as much ibotenic acid and muscimol compared to autumn fruitings.[46]

A fatal dose has been calculated at approximately 15 caps.[53] Deaths from A. muscaria have been reported in historical journal articles and newspaper reports;[54][55][56] however, with modern medical treatment a fatal outcome would be extremely rare.[57] Many older books mistakenly list it as deadly, giving the impression that it is far more toxic than it really is.[58] The North American Mycological Association has stated there are no reliably documented fatalities in the past 100 years.[59] The vast majority (90% or more) of mushroom poisoning deaths are from having eaten either the greenish to yellowish death cap (A. phalloides) or one of the several white Amanita species known as destroying angels.[60]

The active constituents of this species are water soluble, and boiling and then discarding the cooking water will at least partly detoxify A. muscaria.[61] However, drying may increase potency as the process facilitates the conversion of ibotenic acid to the more potent muscimol.[62] According to some sources, once detoxified, the mushroom becomes edible.[63]~

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanita_muscaria

Free your mind from the anchors of reality! There is no bad trip's, only a lesson to be learned.

Hyperdimensional Cuttlefish
#3 Posted : 6/21/2011 2:49:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My pet catfish has some dried amanitas sitting around, tried the tea route and ended up getting sucked into a black hole. Shocked

Fishy is apprehensive to try spice and Amanita together, but fear is a healthy reaction to the unknown. I will ask the fish again and see if he is up to the CHALLENGE!

If he takes the plunge, I will get his report and post back. Probably not til this weekend sometime though.
All these posts are on behalf of Stimpy, my yellow bullhead. He is an adventurous fish, and I feel his exploits are worth sharing...so much so, I occasionally forget that HE is the one who does these things. Sometimes I get caught in the moment and write of his experiences in the first person; this is a mistake, for I am an upstanding citizen who never does wrong. Stimpy is the degenerate.

Dorge
#4 Posted : 6/21/2011 4:32:13 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

there was a group in brazil years back adding amanita to ayahuasca. Smoking amanita skin(the top) is pretty mellow and benign. Changa may enhance the sophoric effects... Swim would only do so to work with changa to speak with the mushroom spirit after a day of fasting. And with no other additives to the changa blend. But not really to get "high" from the synergistic effects really.
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

distracted
#5 Posted : 6/21/2011 4:36:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah i agree with durge, i dont like the idea of using strong entheogens at low doses for a buzz even when mixed with DMT. this combo interests me a lot for some reason tho, even though Ive never experimented with amanita.
"If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world." -C.S. Lewis

Dorge
#6 Posted : 6/21/2011 6:06:37 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

You kinda got to know these medicines to make anninformd decision.'amanita is fairly disasociatve. Sedating, kinda stoning... Do you want that with ?
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

distracted
#7 Posted : 6/21/2011 6:20:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

well I'm not saying I would try it without testing the waters n getting comfortable with aminata first and deciding from there. But I've always been curious bout em on there own as well, something just sounds, intriguing. just a gut feeling though.
"If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world." -C.S. Lewis

Dorge
#8 Posted : 6/21/2011 7:10:13 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

Well, good luck to ya. For me I like to know who I'm Letting. And if we are going to get along.
I guess really it's knowing that amanita really isn't all that it's been cracked up to be. Smoked does little really, and it's shamanic use has been over exaggerated, as has its role in religion. But to some groups its what they had to open with. If I wanted to really learn how to work with aminita and use into it, and know how and why to work with it, I might add it to
Changa to talk to it, or I might eat some, just a little prior to smoking the changa, then ask te changa to
Allow me to speak with the amanita. Which the vegetalismo approach.

Purges
#9 Posted : 6/21/2011 9:05:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the responses! SWIM doesn't yet know the spice well enough to start mixing with other entheogens (although LSD and 2CB intrigue him, and he is also fairly comfortable with them, so that road will be explored at some point) - but as said, all these interesting Changa blends have really got him thinking!

Hyperdimensional Cuttlefish wrote:
My pet catfish has some dried amanitas sitting around, tried the tea route and ended up getting sucked into a black hole. Shocked

Fishy is apprehensive to try spice and Amanita together, but fear is a healthy reaction to the unknown. I will ask the fish again and see if he is up to the CHALLENGE!

If he takes the plunge, I will get his report and post back. Probably not til this weekend sometime though.

The black hole sounds interesting! Care to elaborate?! Plant interactions are really starting to fascinate me...

Hyperdimensional Cuttlefish
#10 Posted : 6/21/2011 11:11:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I will give a very brief trip report Purges; started with a tea and a "strong" dose per Erowid or somesuch.

Stimpy (the catfish) drank it, passed out after about 1 hr of general sleepiness and hyper-drooling. Woke up feeling like he was going to vomit so went into bathroom with a few blankets and made a nest, no barf yet. Passed out again for approx 2-4 hrs, and woke up puking, barely making it to the nearby commode in time.

That's when Mr. Fish got some SERIOUS time skipping and visual frame jumping repetitions (just like the upside of a strong DMT "whiteout" trip) for what seemed like forever. This continued to get stronger until his visual field warped to a black field with a single point of light, which drew Stimpy close enough to stretch/condense time and space into a single few seconds which looped and stretched on for what seemed like years. Closest he has ever been to understanding the concept of the incredible forces at work in black holes. Visually very enlightening.

No idea how long that lasted, but woke up in the morning in a deep puddle of drool with no ill effects afterwards.
All these posts are on behalf of Stimpy, my yellow bullhead. He is an adventurous fish, and I feel his exploits are worth sharing...so much so, I occasionally forget that HE is the one who does these things. Sometimes I get caught in the moment and write of his experiences in the first person; this is a mistake, for I am an upstanding citizen who never does wrong. Stimpy is the degenerate.

Purges
#11 Posted : 6/21/2011 5:37:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow. It suddenly doesn't seem as appealing as before lol - don't get me wrong, it sounds interesting, but then that also reminds me of some rather heavy K experiences that were 'interesting' but not particularly pleasant...