We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
OBE a function of dose? Options

lontana da verita
#1 Posted : 6/19/2011 4:48:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Now that I've had a few successful low dose DMT trips (4-5g MHRB powder), I'm starting to wonder about the out of body experience. There have been times on my trips where I felt my mind and body as distinctly separate entities, but I couldn't get up the willpower to achieve actual separation. I did have the fear that if I left my body it couldn't continue its life functions, that to have an out of body experience was to die. I could experience other realities, and saw images of other places, times and dimensions, but I've never had the full sensation of being out of my body. I'm curious if having an full OBE is a function of DMT dose, or is it a willpower thing? Could you be on a high dose of DMT and sill be in your body at least nominally, or does it boot you out immediately?
Everything I post is complete fiction. Any similarities to real events or people is entirely coincidence.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Global
#2 Posted : 6/19/2011 4:53:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

If you're gonna have an out of body experience, it's most likely gonna be because you've been ripped out of your body, and then you're left wondering where it went Laughing It may be somewhat a function of dose, but really I feel like it's some hidden mechanism that we can't really observe. Sometimes even on low doses, DMT can be unusually mighty powerful. I feel like there's some mechanism operating behind the scenes that can really catapult the experience in one direction or the other. I also have a hard time with OBEs and oral DMT. You're probably most likely to achieve an OBE with vaporized DMT (and even more likely to vaporize DMT while on oral DMT - though I should note this is not for the faint of heart)
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

lontana da verita
#3 Posted : 6/19/2011 7:54:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I never thought about it like that. Though I'm a bit apprehensive about vaporized or smoked DMT. I'm sure one day I'll do each but for now I think I might stick with oral use of plant material. Inhalation methods seem like they would be very short but intense, and I enjoy the long form psychedelic experience. Global, you mentioned that you have troubled with OBE's on oral, but I'm curious, have you had OBE's on oral DMT?
Everything I post is complete fiction. Any similarities to real events or people is entirely coincidence.

bill
#4 Posted : 6/19/2011 8:47:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I feel that empatheogens (sp? correct me if I'm wrong) have a correlation to OBE's. I had my first OBE in junior high and have been researching them ever since. I have a strong belief in the astral plain though and feel that the way the drugs affect us "levels" us out and allows for easier access to other plains. I have experienced it with many drugs, even dirty ones such as DPH. In fact, DPH was the first drug to cause an OBE. Give in to it if you can I say, they are wonderful experiences.

Global
#5 Posted : 6/20/2011 2:20:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

lontana da verita wrote:
I never thought about it like that. Though I'm a bit apprehensive about vaporized or smoked DMT. I'm sure one day I'll do each but for now I think I might stick with oral use of plant material. Inhalation methods seem like they would be very short but intense, and I enjoy the long form psychedelic experience. Global, you mentioned that you have troubled with OBE's on oral, but I'm curious, have you had OBE's on oral DMT?

When I take oral DMT after taking the MAOIs and then DMT by mouth and letting that kick in, I usually prefer to vaporize a small amount on top of that. Usually I only need a small amount like 10mg to vaporize and one to two even small hits are enough to really kick things up a notch. With the MAOIs and DMT already digesting, the "vaporized effects" seem to last around an hour until you return to the strength of the oral DMT by itself. Advantages are that you can ease yourself in with the slow come up from the oral before blasting off and it gives sufficient time to really explore the realm you're in. It's also somewhat safer than taking a gigantic oral dose to begin with because once the vaporized effects start fading after an hour or so, if it was too much, you can just chill out, or if you'd like to do more exploring, another small hit is all it takes to go back up for another hour. This is the closest I've come to having an OBE with oral, but as I said, I like to keep my oral doses small so I have more "control" in a certain kind of way in achieving the kind of level I'm looking for with a somewhat controllable duration when I introduce the vaporized DMT.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb