We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First Extraction...... a success :) Options

user666
#1 Posted : 6/12/2011 2:24:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone

What a great day! My first extraction ever and I have deemed it a success. Thank you to everyone on here who has helped me directly or indirectly. This forum (and wiki) has formed the basis of all my dmt knowledge and helped me achieve a successful, problem-free extraction Smile

I used Marsofold's tek from the wiki and added a sodium carb wash after naptha pull. I started with 200g of ground MH and adjusted the quantities of everything else accordingly. Everything went surprisingly smooth and the hardest part for me was just the waiting Smile

Below is a pic of some of my yield Smile Smile I have stared and taken pictures like a proud mother! I have learnt so much from this one extraction and I'm excited about the fact my technique and yield will only improve with time.
This is not quite all my yield – the triangular chunk missing from the right side of the pile is what myself and gf have been experimenting with over the last 24 hours and I also have more crystals in the freezer waiting to be removed Smile

Unfortunately I don't have any scales so am unable to report on exact amounts gained. From previous experience with powders I think I have got at least 1% and even if not I am really happy with the outcome.

So, like an excited child at Christmas I ran to my newly purchase VG armed with my dmt Smile

Using the advice and comments from the VG thread I proceeded to take my first steps on a new journey. As I started to take a second pull I had a familiar sensation to other hallucinogenics where the end of the pipe I was staring at appeared normal, but my peripheral vision revealed a world transforming around me. At this point the visuals where very vivid and similar to the peak of one of my acid trips, but all achieved in under a minute Smile
Up until now I have been taking very small doses to test both myself and the quality of my product. I must say I am very impressed with the potency, as the effects I have had from such tiny quantities are amazing.

Sill more experimenting and experiences to come, but so far I am pretty impressed. As you can see there are lots of smilies in my post, but that's because I'm happy with my first extraction.

Once again, thank you

Peace
user666 attached the following image(s):
DMT.JPG (1,751kb) downloaded 141 time(s).

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

smokerx
#2 Posted : 6/12/2011 4:26:27 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

congratulation user666 the spice looks great I am sure its potent Pleased

have a great journeys Smile and come back with your experiences

thank you for sharing
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

Global
#3 Posted : 6/12/2011 4:33:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

It's great to hear that everything went well. Those are some nice looking crystals you got there. It's also a good strategy to start low and work your way up. I find that one of the important lessons that is necessary to learn hands-on is that no matter how crazy it gets, you always come back, and likewise both blissful and fearful experiences will come and go unusually quickly and when all is said and done, you'll probably have a hard time remembering how either felt. Anyway, best of luck with your future endeavors! Very happy
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

gammagore
#4 Posted : 6/13/2011 12:47:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

user666 wrote:
As you can see there are lots of smilies in my post, but that's because I'm happy with my first extraction.

Peace

good stuff

congrats on the successfull extraction and, invest in a scale dude, they come in very handy.

user666
#5 Posted : 6/13/2011 1:05:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

WOW!!!!!!!!!! Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy

Well, a great day indeed. It started well and has ended brilliantly Very happy A most definite "break through" Very happy

I invited a friend of mine over to share the experience with earlier today and both of us had an enjoyable time experimenting with technique and doses! During the afternoon we added to the mix some ket and nitrous oxide (laughing gas). I felt the K helped me to submerge myself better and some gas about a minute or two after my pipe really enhanced the visuals.

The visuals were similar to the ones I have on acid - trails, purples, yellows etc. At this point in my experimentation with dmt was taking me from 0 to peak of an acid trip in a matter of moments! Which is still pretty cool, especially as I made it myself Very happy

But not too long ago I was sitting on my sofa doing some k and watching band of brothers. I was not in a k hole at the time but had taken just enough to be aware of its effects. I then took two hits on my VG. I enjoyed a similar experience to earlier in the afternoon and followed my pipe with some more nitrous. As i was coming off the gas I decided to pack another pipe. Although I have read to leave it an hour between hits, I had enjoyed the high of the gas so much I thought what is the worst that can happen!!

As I put the pipe down the visuals intensified and became significantly stronger than earlier this afternoon. I started to feel agitated and panicky, like coming up off a good ecstasy pill! This sensation lasted just moments as I then looked up into the room and my vision started to distort further. The room turned dark purple as I looked into my lap and was unable to associate me legs and hands with my own body. I felt like I was in a computer game - not just aesthetically but physically ............

......Then BOOM Shocked

I closed my eyes and was emerged into the beautiful animated world that is my sub-conscious. It was incredible. i can barely remember the specifics of the trip let alone try to describe their incredible intricate beauty. It's incredible to see what life-like and complex animations/visual your sub-conscious can conjure up!

I read in a recent thread on here about how to break through. Someone said most people think they have "broken through", until they actually breakthrough. This kind of what has happened to me. Although my experiences earlier today were enjoyable, they now pale an insignificance compared to the trip I have just had. As soon as I came round I got up and went to share the great news with my gf. Unfortunately, she was asleep and at that moment in time, really could not give a F#%*!! So, here I am rambling to you instead, and hopefully making some sense.

A great day, fantastic trip - BRILLIANT Very happy

user666
#6 Posted : 6/18/2011 1:15:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello again

Well after lost of experimenting, wastage and general fun with my friends I decided to do another extraction - definitely in the honeymoon stage Smile

As stated above, I used the Marsofold tek and started this time with 215g of mh. During this extraction I used about 20% more lye during bassification and also Increased my pulls. The tek I'm following suggested doing several agitations of the naptha pulls and collecting. This time I did four agitations while keeping my container in a water bath (this really helped speed up separation) and once I had separated the naphtha I added more and did the same again (so I ended up with the double the naptha of my previous extraction. I then reduced my naptha to about 30% of the original volume after a sodium carb wash.

These were the only adaptations I made to this particular extraction and the differences are evident from the picture below -

Pic 1 - This is pre-freeze precip. It had been left out on my window for a few hours and went into a cool fridge after this. As you can see, it is very yellow at this stage

Pic 2 - This is post-freeze precip. Once again, very yellow at this stage, but not as much as the pic makes out - there are definitely some nice big white crystal formations.

Pic 3 - Post Re-x. Still looks quite yellow in the pic, but in natural light and while piled up it looks significantly less yellow. The re-x has made a real difference though, and most of the real yellow coloration has gone.

One thing this extraction has taught me is that I have definitely not extracted all the dmt from my first extraction (see pic in 1st post. I only used 15 grams more in this extraction and have yielded significantly more than my first. So I am now returning to my basic solution and doing some more naphtha pulls - hopefully yielding more Very happy

So, from my understanding I have gained a greater yield due to using more lye and using more naptha. This has also resulted in some other yellow products being extracted too - plant matter/alks???????

I managed to weigh this yield on my friends .1 scales and it was flickering between 1.8 and 1.9g (after re-x), which I am fairly happy with. Some of my friends have also said to me last night that they think this new extracted dmt seems stronger with more visuals - not sure about this, but I broke through no problem and had a great time.

Your thoughts on my extraction process will be greatly appreciated. I feel i have already improved on my first extraction but further improvement is the goal.

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Peace and love.
user666 attached the following image(s):
Pre freeze-precip.JPG (1,537kb) downloaded 82 time(s).
Post Freeze-precip.JPG (2,281kb) downloaded 82 time(s).
Post re-x.JPG (2,291kb) downloaded 82 time(s).

Global
#7 Posted : 6/18/2011 4:23:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I find the more pulls you do, the more off-color it will become and others have speculated this could be from pulling more plant oils/fats. In terms of how the color affects the experience (without talking about jungle spice), I find little subjective difference. If anything my darkest spice is often the most potent. You are very lucky to have obtained the breakthrough so early on. Now at least you can thoroughly enjoy the experiences without relentlessly hunting the elusively mysterious "breakthrough" Very happy
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

psyco_nomad
#8 Posted : 6/18/2011 5:05:59 PM

Joe

congrates Brother, I am glad to hear you've had such good results with both extraction and breaking through. I like the last pic, after re-x, very bueatiful batch. I have done 3 extractions now with improved results everytime. It's exiting stuff!!Very happy

I am very eager to try the Aya, have you thought about that at all.
We live in illusion and the appearance of things. There is a reality. We are that reality. When you understand this, you see that you are nothing, and being nothing, you are everything.
Cogito Ergo Sum

HermeticShaman
#9 Posted : 6/18/2011 6:32:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Global wrote:
It's great to hear that everything went well. Those are some nice looking crystals you got there. It's also a good strategy to start low and work your way up. I find that one of the important lessons that is necessary to learn hands-on is that no matter how crazy it gets, you always come back, and likewise both blissful and fearful experiences will come and go unusually quickly and when all is said and done, you'll probably have a hard time remembering how either felt. Anyway, best of luck with your future endeavors! Very happy

Global... Spot on. Do you have any idea how often I have to keep that simple fact in mind? Every time I launch off, I have to internally check myself, saying "No matter what happens, what you see, think, hear, or feel, it will pass. It will pass before you know it, and it will pass even if you get to the place that you question whether or not it will pass."

"'Tis true, without falsehood, certain and most true.
That which is below is as that which is above, and that which is above is as that which is below, to accomplish the miracle of the One thing.
And as all things have arisen from one by the meditation of one: so all things have their birth from this one thing by adaptation.
The Sun is its father, the Moon its mother,
the wind hath carried it in its belly, the earth its nurse."

-Hermes Mercurius Trismegistus

All posts by the above author, HermeticShaman are fictional segments of a fictional fantasy book about fictional psychedelic journeys and travels to fantasy lands of wonder and imagination. Any resemblance to real events, intentions, conspiracy to commit illegal activities, or confessions of illegal activity are merely a convincing way to build up an epic plot line, and in no way represent the lifestyle or actions of the man behind the name.

HermeticShaman
#10 Posted : 6/18/2011 6:38:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

user666 wrote:

One thing this extraction has taught me is that I have definitely not extracted all the dmt from my first extraction (see pic in 1st post. I only used 15 grams more in this extraction and have yielded significantly more than my first. So I am now returning to my basic solution and doing some more naphtha pulls - hopefully yielding more Very happy

So, from my understanding I have gained a greater yield due to using more lye and using more naptha. This has also resulted in some other yellow products being extracted too - plant matter/alks???????

Isn't it awesome? You'd be shocked how many times you can pull off the same solution. I use a different tek, but I typically get between 5 and 6 pulls off the same stuff before it's not even worth the effort.

And there's a definite possibility that adding more base to the solution can increase the yield. Basification is the number one key.

-Chris

That which is below is as that which is above, and that which is above is as that which is below, to accomplish the miracle of the One thing.
And as all things have arisen from one by the meditation of one: so all things have their birth from this one thing by adaptation.

All posts by the above author, HermeticShaman are fictional segments of a fictional fantasy book about fictional psychedelic journeys and travels to fantasy lands of wonder and imagination. Any resemblance to real events, intentions, conspiracy to commit illegal activities, or confessions of illegal activity are merely a convincing way to build up an epic plot line, and in no way represent the lifestyle or actions of the man behind the name.

user666
#11 Posted : 6/18/2011 10:42:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi

Thanks for the replies.

I'm really happy at breaking through so quickly, but its only because I have spent ages researching it on the nexus. It really is all about technique and setting. I did it last night with some friends and cant seem to breakthrough when others are with me - its still fun and enjoyable though. Although one of my friends broke through for the first time last night and when he came round he stood up, put has hands in the air and said "f@#*ing Hell", then gave me a hug and thanked me Smile

I've been using Global's speech about a breakthrough to my friends and most importantly myself. The first time I broke through, one of the last things I can kind of remember is thinking "Am I breathing?...... Yes... OK, lets go...". Which was definitely my survival instinct resisting resisting take off. Now I have global's speech in my head before lift off I have no problems leaving reality and my body to fend for itself!

I'm really excited that this is only my second extraction and I've learned so much. Although I have enough dmt for a while, I really want to do another extraction to improve my technique.

Im just in the process of taking a pull from my first basic solution to get some more goodies Smile I shall post the result of this and we can see how much dmt I missed from my first attempt. which will be about tomorrow afternoon now.

Thank you for your responses. It is good to get some feedback on how my x-tals look and how to improve.

Peace

HermeticShaman
#12 Posted : 6/19/2011 5:56:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extraction is super fun... And I have the genuine belief that your personal energy and essence makes it into the product, such that even using the same tek on the same product, our end result would cause different experiences. This may be a flawed view, but I have found it to be true in my experience so far.

I may have to take a stab at a different tek soon. I've never actually gotten or messed with yellow crystals (and I'm very curious). Been using the Q21Q21 Vinegar/Lime tek this whole time and always getting white crystals.

Zachharmonic
#13 Posted : 6/19/2011 4:26:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Congrats on the successful extraction and your good trip Smile I plan on making up some either sometime this summer, or when I get back to school.