We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
End stage cancer patient/ family members psychedelic bucket list Options

Ice House
#1 Posted : 3/18/2011 3:29:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Once upon a time I posted this post about my siste'sr bout with end stage inflamatory breast cancer. Its been a while since I have posted that. My sisters situation is deteriorating fairly rapidly right now, actually it is a miracle she is still alive.

She was once a very heavy user of magic mushrooms and other mind altering substances. She has had such heavy chemo and radiation. She also had a procedure called gamma knife done to most of her 5 brain tumors. Finally she had open brain surgery and had a potentially fatal tumr to be removed. She now has about two months of life left at most.

She hasnt done any psychedelics since here treatments have started. She now KNOWS she is dying and she asked me to help her vaporize DMT. I want to help her but I am afraid.

A week ago I gave her some 2cb and she really loved that. She is a heavy ganja user now. She does take paxil. I am afraid because I would not want to be resposible for an averse reaction that may significantly degrade her brain health.

I do want to help her. She is insistant.

Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Xt
#2 Posted : 3/18/2011 4:13:09 AM

Off the bat, i would mention the GVG and volcano liquid pad combo. As you may know it takes almost all the physical difficulty away from vaporizing DMT.
Deepest sincere regards to you both and all involved.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

jbark
#3 Posted : 3/18/2011 4:14:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I cannot advise you with authority as it is way out of the realm of my knowledge and experience. But much, much love and support and sympathy. The only thing i can really say to jog your thoughts is - she has experience with other psychedelics, has done some recently and if this is on her bucket list, well, what are brothers for? Give her some credit for the decision, and don't take all the weight on your already burdened shoulders. Sometimes it's hard to remember that those who are in pain and jeopardy still have wills. But you know. You've been there.

Sorry I couldn't be of more concrete help, but if you decide to give her what she is asking for, feel confident that your decision to help is also her decision to be enabled.

cheers,

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

Apoc
#4 Posted : 3/18/2011 4:30:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am very sorry to hear of your situation. I hope your sister is at peace with the world in her final days. Unfortuntaely, the fact is that any of the tryptamine psychedelics are not supposed to be used with SSRI's, paxil being an ssri. And I'm guessing that considering the situation she is in, she is probably on heavy doses of paxil, which would make it even more difficult for her to come off paxil, if she wanted. The danger of mixing ssri with psychedelics is serotonin syndrome, a potentially fatal condition that often results from mixing drugs together that increase serotonin activity. Paxil + DMT would be one such example. Those are the basic facts. It is risky, theorhetically. If you are both at a place where you understand the risk, but want to do it anyway, you both must make the choice.

The only good news is that vaporized dmt is short lasting. That means that even if there is a surge of serotonin, it's more likely to resolve itself fast. The danger would be greater with ayahuasca, which would result in elevated serotonin levels for longer. If she does decide to vaporize, she may want to cut her paxil dose in half the day before. And know that no doctor on earth would give you this advice. If you want a doctor's advice, you can take it. Their oath requires them to do no harm, so they don't usually condone anything that isn't medically sound, and taking a psychedelic with an ssri is not medically sound.

I was on an anti depressant once. I found that if I skipped a dose entirely, I would feel very dizzy and nauseated. But half dosing was fine. That's just my personal experience. Again, a doctor almost certainly wouldn't tell you it's ok to half dose your prescribed medication so you can take a psychedelic. But, it's her life, and her list. I wonder what would be on my list if I knew I were going to go. Would I let some increased risk stop me from doing something I really wanted? Probably not. But, the other part of the equation is that you are involved, as I'm assuming you're the one who has to provide the material. It sounds like a tough choice, but I'm sure after knowing all the facts and the risks involved, and the situation, you'll make the right choice.

Entropymancer
#5 Posted : 3/18/2011 4:47:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

Icehouse, my thoughts go out to you. I went through this with a member of my family just over a year ago. Be thankful that she is lucid enough at this stage; it's hard when lucidity vanishes before you get such a dire prognosis.

The role of the family in these situations is to keep the person they love as comfortable as possible, and to see out their wishes as best they can. I cannot claim any particular certainty that DMT won't have any adverse consequences in this sort of situation; I'd be inclined to doubt it, but I really don't know. My inclination in this situation is that it's her life, let her live what's left of it to the fullest. As long as she knows that there may be risks (possible consequences of vaporizing DMT in this sort of situation are unknown) and she still wants to do it, I would say help her out.

My heart goes out to your family at this difficult time.

Pandora
#6 Posted : 3/18/2011 4:55:35 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Deep love to you and your sister during this extremely difficult time Ice House.

No one can make this decision for either of you, obviously.

I applaud her for such an amazing struggle. And for acknowledging and trying to prepare for what is next.

If it were me, I'd want you to do it. But I'd want to protect you. Write my will and a note, maybe note addressed to you saying I was going to try DMT. Maybe even a phone call in advance to create a time/date stamp. Just in case of the worst.

If it were my loved one, I'd want to do it. Depending on how fragile their state, I'd even consider trying offering initial doses via GVG shotgunning (take hit myself and rapidly pass it mouth to mouth before I absorb too much), or GVG. Or a pharma mixture, as gentle on purge factors as possible.

I wish you nothing but peace and love in the days to come, regardless of what they bring. Regardless of circumstances or choices or results, may things go easy.

"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Ljosalfar
#7 Posted : 3/18/2011 5:12:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ice House,
Love and strength for you in hard times. It sounds like your sister has a vibrant spirit in the face of great hardship. Good for both of you.
Considering helping her with DMT I am at a loss to advise - what others have offered seems solid to me.
Dr. Charles Grob of UCLA did a study administering psilocybin to near-death patients; a Sci Am article is below:
http://www.scientificamerican.c...se-end-of-lif-2010-09-08
Not exactly your situation but perhaps useful.
Wishing you both love, clarity, and courage.
L
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool." Richard P. Feynman

proto-pax
#8 Posted : 3/18/2011 9:11:45 AM

bird-brain

This is an incredibly rough time for you, and my heart goes out to you and your sibling. I would inform her of all the risks, and let her know that she may shorten these last to months drastically if she decided to go through with this. I cannot tell you or her to do. That is for both of you to figure out. I would advise that she gets her affairs in order before she does this though. Anything that she needs to say/do make sure it is settled before hand. If anything, I am sure she takes solace in the fact that she has a family member who cares this deeply for her. Whatever you choose to do, I wish for the best.
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

obliguhl
#9 Posted : 3/18/2011 4:28:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I often phantasize about the exact same situation: What would i do if i had only x amount of time left? I would surely smoke DMT and take mushrooms and LSD and Ayahuasca..to prepare myself, to have made the experience. Not wanting her brain to degrade even further is understandable, but she's only got 2 months left. I don't say this to hurt you, just to put things into perspective. Now you can do something for her, perhaps one of the last things.

I feel sorry that this is happening to you. As an outsider, it is pretty easy to type these words, but i can't imagine how they might feel to you. So i wish you the strength to make the right decision, whatever that may be. I don't know you situation, your sister....but i do know that you will do your best in the next weeks. Good luck man, hug your sister and tell her that there are people out there, wishing her the best.

talking monkey
#10 Posted : 3/18/2011 5:07:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My thoughts are with your sister and her transition I hope the best for her and your family. She might be a candidate for some of the psilocybin tests in LA, Tx and UK. Cedar Sinai is doing research now. I know this is not DMT but a trip might ease her anxiety.

A letter to the head of research with her condition, desire, and experience might open a door. As far as DMT and drug interactions is above my pay grade.

Malaclypse
#11 Posted : 3/18/2011 5:14:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't feel qualified to make a recommendation in this difficult decision for you from a danger perspective, I just wanted to let you know that I sympathize with you greatly and hope that your sister is doing as well as she can with her current situation. My wife was diagnosed with a very aggressive form of Non-Hodgkins lymphoma many years ago which was a shock to us at her young age. I'm trying to think what I would have done if things went for the worse there and I was in your situation. I honestly can't say. All I know is if I did decide to provide for her I would go with the GVG in a small dose like 5-10mg to see if we could anticipate any obvious adverse reactions before deciding on a typical breakthrough dose size. You and your family take care. 1 <3

obliguhl
#12 Posted : 3/18/2011 9:39:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

btw, i somehow missed the paxil part. Isnt there some way for her to get off that drug first?

polytrip
#13 Posted : 3/18/2011 11:34:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
This is a difficult issue. SSRI's and psychedelic's are an unpredictable mix.

The best thing i think you can do is gather all information on her medication and possible interactions with DMT, provide her with this information and support her in whatever decission she will make.

The fact that she responded well on the 2-c is a strong indication that there will not be unwanted side-effects, also because on average phenethylamines have more side-effects and are more risky with SSRI's than tryptamines.

I wish that in all the darkness life throws at you and your sister, you both will always keep feeling the light shining within your soul.

acolon_5
#14 Posted : 3/19/2011 1:14:34 AM

The Great Namah

if it was me, I would hope my wife or sister would do it for me...paxil or no.

However, I have no idea what I would do in your shoes.

Much light and peace to all involved.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

cker
#15 Posted : 3/19/2011 1:37:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It is hard work to see someone you love have to suffer. I don't think there's any way to ease the pain that affects both the 'sick' one and the 'healthy' one. I feel for you Ice, you'll do the right thing and your sister will also.

First, don't try to withdraw your sister from paxil as there are terrible withdrawal side effects. This forum (paxil progress) has lots of information on the horrors and techniques to withdraw someone from paxil. It's such a nasty withdrawal, don't even try it at this point.

Second, I'd like to challange (with the greatest respect) Apoc's assertion that tryptamines and paxil are a dangerous combination. SWIM takes paxil and vapes spice. As I understand the situation, paxil and caapi are a very dangerous combination. Paxil and rue are even more dangerous. Paxil and DMT is not dangerous. There might be some reduction of the psychedelic effects, but there is little risk of seritonin syndrome from paxil and DMT combined. Harmaloids are an MAOI and the interaction of a MAOI with a SSRI is dangerous. DMT is not an MAOI. For sure it interacts with seritonin receptors but not as an MAOI. It's possible to think paxil and spice is a dangerous combination because there is so much discussion of the very dangerous combination of SSRI's and aya. In the case of aya, it's the caapi that forms the dangerous combination. I am not a doctor and this is not real medical advise. Perhaps others can weigh in and/or my information is bad. EDIT: paxil & spice interaction thread

Why would I feel the need to write the above? It's because SWIM feels genuinely a little sorry for someone who lives a life without experiencing the beauty of the psychedelic experience. Experiencing spice is perhaps the ultimate. Especially in your sister's case, (where her time to experience the earth may be short), I would think it good to honor her wishes in any way possible.

Anyway, I don't mean to stir controversy but if my assertion is correct, it may open up an option that is helpful.

Peace to both of you and other family as well.

flutterbi
#16 Posted : 6/18/2011 10:43:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

((((hugs)))) listen hun i was in kinda the same situation with my mom but i was too scaired to mess with her meds and in all honesty i deeply regret it. she's gone now and i dearly wish we could have shaired the beauty of hyperspace just once. so my best advice is go for it when times short the biggest regrets are for the things undone.

closet-chemist1010
#17 Posted : 6/18/2011 11:33:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Love goes out to you and your sister ice house.

As cker mentioned, his advice is not medical advice, and neither is mine. but somebody who isnt him, is taking paxil, and vaping spice with no adverse reaction, that would influence my decision if I were in your position.

Also what cker said about the MAOI in aya being dangerous, and not the DMT, is spot on, and fairly simple to understand why.

No matter what your decision is,im sure it will be the right one, my thoughts go out to you, your sister, and friends and family