We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How Dimitri found me. Options

HermeticShaman
#1 Posted : 6/10/2011 6:21:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Recently, DMT found me, as I understand is often the case, rather than the other way around. I'm 23 and since I was 15 years old, I have been in a battle with drug addiction and alcoholism that runs particularly in my dad's side of the family. Yesterday marked one year clean and sober from my addictions, which have been wide and varied, but always one thing or another. But about 10 months into my sobriety, I got a new room mate in the four bedroom house I was renting a room in. We really hit it off and it was clear that we thought along a very similar wave length, discussing philosophy, spirituality, what could be called "conspiracy theory", and of course, psychedelics. My experience with psychedelics until that point was next to nothing -- the only substances I had experience with that could be considered remotely psychedelic were MDMA and DXM, neither of which truly fit the bill.

One thread that runs firmly throughout my life since I was young is my pursuit of mysticism, occultism, philosophy, and spirituality. My personal practice has taken on a lot of shamanic influences from Hoodoo and Native American spirituality, but my practice is primarily Hermetic and Qabalistic in origin.

I have been attending AA meetings for the past year, and one thing that has been etching away at me needing some resolution is my complete lack of experience with psychedelics. At this stage in my life, I have long surpassed the addiction, escapism, and self medication that has marked my use of any other substances. I later came to find that Bill Wilson, co founder of AA (who is highly admired and respected among members) used quite a lot of LSD well into his sobriety and the formation of Alcoholics Anonymous (20 years in). For a while, I was unsettled by this fact. He spoke and wrote of its wonders, terming it "a spiritual experience" on par with the experience that led to his sobriety. It seemed incongruous at the time that an individual so highly involved in the formation of a group centered around recovery from alcoholism could possibly use a mind altering substance with impunity without it being considered a "relapse".

I was bothered on a few levels, here. I have a spiritual practice and history that lends itself unto the use of psychedelics for their potentially profound spiritual implications, yet I have a personal history of becoming self destructive with all manners of substances, and yet I am involved in a program of recovery co-founded by an LSD enthusiast. This subject of psychedelics was becoming increasingly more of an issue for me. I swore I must have experience with these before I died, but my sobriety meant everything to me and I didn't want to tread the dark roads I once did.

But then, my new room mate asked me, "Do you know about DMT?" Of course I knew about DMT! (so I thought) After having picked apart the archives of Erowid, I was familiar in parts with this substance. Apparently, he had performed an extraction himself a while back and asked me if I would be interested in trying it. My answer was reluctant and hesitant. This was not a decision to rush, so I spent a few days thinking about this choice. I did some reading and wanted to verify that this would be a worthwhile and safe experience that I could learn from, and one that would lend unto, rather than hinder, my growth. He had assured me strongly that this was like no other experience and that there was a reason this opportunity was coming along for me.

After a few days of consideration, I decided that I was willing to have this experience. I respected what I was about to imbibe, and understand that I was really diving into the deep end of psychedelic experience without having tested the waters first with something a bit... Tamer. But being a practitioner of magick, meditation, and other spiritual disciplines, I felt that this was an experience I could handle.

Though I will say that going into this experience with the right intentions and due respect to it was the best possible way to approach it, nothing in this world could have prepared me for that first time. We laid out in the backyard very late at night beneath the full moon, very light clouds in the sky, and a feeling of energy in the air. We prayed and meditated for a period before entering into the hyperspace, becoming mentally, emotionally, and spiritually prepared for this level of vulnerability. I took in my first deep inhalation, holding it for 10 seconds. A strange sensation washed over me. Something seemed a bit like salvia, but more lucid, more clear, more definite. I took a second inhalation, and at the end of holding that breath, I gazed with awe and amazement at the splendor of the world itself.

I will never forget how majestic the clouds looked. They danced and curled on their ends, swirling in perfect formation. Faces and forms appeared in them, and I readily understood that they had a consciousness and an intelligence of their own. I gazed in amazement at the trees, each part of their being danced and swayed in perfect harmony with everything. I saw faces and forms in the trees as well, and I could readily understand that they had a consciousness also. I gazed in wonder at the grass, it was as though I could witness them growing as I looked. They danced and swayed and as I gazed, I realized in a way I had only philosophized before that everything has a consciousness. Everything. The sum of all things was 1, everything was merely an individual expression of the same spirit, the same energy, the same fiber, but that it, and I, were all the same being. I could see layers of density behind everything. On the outermost, I could see light -- perfect light -- which was the quintessential fabric of existence. Behind the light, I could see several dimensions of density -- like seeing everything in a pre-created, pre-formative stage of being, and the successive stages everything goes through to materialize and manifest. I realized that everything we see is composed of this high frequency energy or light, if you will, but merely in a slower moving, more dense format, such that it appears to be tangible.

I saw a form in the sky that I could only understand as an image of the Great Architect, very Alex Grey-esque. In my mind, I made the connection that we are, in a manner, "limbs" or "probes" of the God source, all merely individual expressions of the same being, experiencing itself and its creation, and that we were connected to this source by way of an ethereal, umbilical connection.

My friend asked me to close my eyes. When I did, I was enveloped in a tide of perfect and elaborate artwork, expanding, growing, intensifying, shifting, folding in on itself, evolving, and changing in color and patterning. I was amazed at the level of perfect detail and intricacy, and the sheer vividness of this. It was as though I was traveling through a portal into a certain astral, spiritual dimension. It was difficult not to get lost in this perfection, and a moment later, my friend said "Now open your eyes."

Everything shimmered, danced, vibrated, hummed, sparkled with radiant light and life. "The beauty and power and magnitude of everything is just too much for me", I thought to myself. I really wondered when I would recollect, this being my first experience, I didn't know how much more I could handle.

I continued to gaze at the clouds that had amazed me so thoroughly. I watched everything gradually slip back into a "normal state", but the dividing line between DMT-eyes and ordinary waking consciousness was so impossibly thin, I was unable to write what I saw and experience off as simply a chemical effect. I had officially taken a good portion of my head philosophy down to my heart. It seemed like a reward -- finally getting to see what I've been chasing and believing for so long right in front of my eyes. It cemented certain beliefs I had, while it also clarified others. What I realized is, it was nothing short of a spiritual experience. It lacked the abusive, recreational qualities of other substances, by way of its sheer power and magnitude and the accompanying thought process, and it left me in a state of such sheer gratitude just to be in my skin, to be blessed enough to have the chance to have this human experience. To breath in the air, eat a meal, make love, have friends.

It was beautiful. And of course, this was all within 10 minutes on a sub-breakthrough dose. One of these days, I will describe my breakthrough experience. For now, let this suffice.

-Chris

"'Tis true, without falsehood, certain and most true.
That which is below is as that which is above, and that which is above is as that which is below, to accomplish the miracle of the One thing.
And as all things have arisen from one by the meditation of one: so all things have their birth from this one thing by adaptation.
The Sun is its father, the Moon its mother,
the wind hath carried it in its belly, the earth its nurse."

-Hermes Mercurius Trismegistus

All posts by the above author, HermeticShaman are fictional segments of a fictional fantasy book about fictional psychedelic journeys and travels to fantasy lands of wonder and imagination. Any resemblance to real events, intentions, conspiracy to commit illegal activities, or confessions of illegal activity are merely a convincing way to build up an epic plot line, and in no way represent the lifestyle or actions of the man behind the name.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Ice
#2 Posted : 6/10/2011 9:04:31 PM
silently awaiting

That sounds like a gorgeous first experience; I'm definitely going to be outside the first time I dose.

Welcome to the Nexus!
We are...
We are like that sentence.
We are not finished.

HermeticShaman
#3 Posted : 6/10/2011 9:08:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you, Ice.

I would definitely recommend outdoors, I'd have it no other way by choice.

My friend has a saying about DMT, "Only trees do what trees do." It sounds like nonsense until you make observations about the various movements of things in nature in this state -- each has a certain dance, sway, vibration than is unlike the next thing. I have found that my experiences are much more limited and constricted when inside the trappings of a house, building, or structure. When your consciousness is expanding, give it some ROOM to expand!

Pleased
That which is below is as that which is above, and that which is above is as that which is below, to accomplish the miracle of the One thing.
And as all things have arisen from one by the meditation of one: so all things have their birth from this one thing by adaptation.

All posts by the above author, HermeticShaman are fictional segments of a fictional fantasy book about fictional psychedelic journeys and travels to fantasy lands of wonder and imagination. Any resemblance to real events, intentions, conspiracy to commit illegal activities, or confessions of illegal activity are merely a convincing way to build up an epic plot line, and in no way represent the lifestyle or actions of the man behind the name.

Ice
#4 Posted : 6/10/2011 10:29:58 PM
silently awaiting

I definitely enjoy the other psyches outdoors, but there is something about being confined to room that is appealing on psyches, especially mushrooms. Spread some incense around the room while praying(by praying I mean just stating your intentions to the Universe) pre-trip, and during the trip it almost becomes a holy temple for self-exploration.

"Only trees do what trees do"
And they do it very well! So magical! I have also found that after noticing their dance while under the influence, they are more akin to dance in the distance while you are sober. You just have to give them a chance to do so.
We are...
We are like that sentence.
We are not finished.

HermeticShaman
#5 Posted : 6/10/2011 10:47:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ice,

That definitely sounds like an awesome practice (incense and petition to the Universe). I've actually never experienced mushrooms. It was DMT first (and time and time again), then LSD once (not my thing, really...), I still have yet to come across the cubies. It's rather unfortunate.

I agree, though, there is a certain level of tailoring one can do with a psychedelic experience. I certainly have some plans for DMT -- there are so many ways to explore and experiment with it. I just have to span my experiences out, as they can be hard to integrate sometimes.

I know what you mean about being able to encounter the movements of things outside of the psychedelic experience. Some would simply write this off as a side effect or perceptual distortion, but my explanation is that when you encounter these things in a psychedelic state, you are really just becoming aware of how something really *is* on a certain level. Sometimes, you can take a lot of that awareness back with you. And then, when you are conscious of it, it reveals itself to you from time to time without the help of a sacred substance.

bongz
#6 Posted : 6/10/2011 11:53:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mushrooms are definitely special however I wouldn't dismiss LSD after just one experience, SWIM tripped LSD only a handful of times and each time with varying experiences.

HermeticShaman
#7 Posted : 6/11/2011 12:42:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm sure good experiences can be had with Lucy. But when what you are looking for is so clearly and abundantly available in DMT (and it is at your disposal whenever you please), I see no reason to turn to a substance that is in so many ways not what I want. So, DMT is certainly my primary choice.

Mushrooms are a must. I need to have that experience. Who knows, with the right set and setting, I'd be willing give Lucy another fair chance (and incorporate some deemsters at my peak). I know that the set and setting of my L trip was just... Bad. It was a bad time. These kids wanted to listen to dub step and dance around with glo sticks, rather than going on the camping trip as we planned. Later, we tried to visit a state park very late at night figuring nothing would go wrong, and voila! We get questioned and searched by the cops and the peak of an L trip. Yeah, bad times.

If I could go again with Lucy very much on my own terms and playing by my "rules", I think I could get something valuable out of it. I just don't wanna hang with dudes that just want to trip and party, not what I'm going for. Ya know?

-Chris

psyco_nomad
#8 Posted : 6/11/2011 4:50:17 AM

Joe

I have wanted to experience the spice in nature, but have yet to do so. I like to be deprived of senses as much as possible, while in DMT hyperspace so that there is little outside influence into the experience. your describtion though, it deff. makes me want to watch the clouds next time. I almost feel the need to rush out now and set up a nice spot between my oak trees.

I would really like to talk to you more sometime. get your fews about the hyperspace. I have a feeling you have a prety good understanding about religon, occultism, and shamanic ritual. I am acually trying to form some kind of new theory of reality/consciousness. I would really like to here your view points
We live in illusion and the appearance of things. There is a reality. We are that reality. When you understand this, you see that you are nothing, and being nothing, you are everything.
Cogito Ergo Sum

HermeticShaman
#9 Posted : 6/12/2011 6:28:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

psyco_nomad,

I do understand and can appreciate the approach of eliminating distractions before entering the hyperspace. There are definite positives and uses for that approach which should not be discredited whatsoever. But you must not miss out on the experience of taking in the world around you while experiencing it all at a higher frequency! You can come to realizations about the inner nature of all manners of things simply by observing their breath, sway, dance, or what manners of forms, spirits, or intelligences reveal themselves through the features. I assure you that they are there and waiting for your conscious recognition!

In Hermetic and Neo-platonic cosmology, we have the idea of the "Spiritus Mundi", which can be understood as the Spirit of Nature, or Mother Earth, to use a more familiar and common term. While seeing through the eyes of the hyperspace, you can witness with your own eyes the essence and consciousness of the Spiritus Mundi within all things. I kid you not, every time I do this, I make some level of contact with entities that are all around me. The key is not to go "looking for them" per se, but once you begin to see them and sense their presence, accept them, recognize them as conscious beings, and communicate with them (either in thought or in spoken word). You may be surprised at what types of things you contact! It's not always machine elves and jeweled self dribbling basket balls, myriad spirits can be easily contacted in this state.

I would be more than happy to have some ongoing dialogue with you, particularly if you have some real interest in things of a spiritual/mystical/occult nature. In my opinion, DMT and mysticism go directly hand in hand, each opening doors for one another and allowing deeper levels of access both in spiritual practice and in the hyperspace.

Looking forward to further discussion Pleased

-Chris

psyco_nomad
#10 Posted : 6/14/2011 6:07:16 PM

Joe

HermeticShaman

The Night before last was my first outdoor expeirence. Although it was not a breakthrough, It still might have been one of the best of any of my DMT travels. I thank you so much because after all it was your outdoor experience that coaxed me into it. I will Write a seperate T-report explaining my this one and two others. I feel them to be related and therefore feel i must report them together.

I will be getting with you soon to start some kind of dialogue. I don't have time now to write more and go into the things I would like to go into. Also I think I need time to collect my thoughts about these last 3 trips into hyperspace.

Thanks again and happy travels
We live in illusion and the appearance of things. There is a reality. We are that reality. When you understand this, you see that you are nothing, and being nothing, you are everything.
Cogito Ergo Sum

MelCat
#11 Posted : 6/14/2011 7:03:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great report! Thanks for sharing. It sounds like you had a very nice introduction to the spice. How were you guys smoking it?

Also, welcome to the Nexus Very happy You seem to have a good head on your shoulders and should fit in pretty good around here. Good luck on your promotion. Smile
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

HermeticShaman
#12 Posted : 6/14/2011 8:29:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

psycho_nomad,

I'm so happy for you! I knew you'd find it a worthwhile experience and I'm happy to have helped encourage you to go out and try that. It is truly something that no enthusiast of the spice should ever, ever miss!

I have to say that most of my experiences are (intentionally) not breakthrough levels. Sometimes, I need only to get to a certain point, and then I just meditate, focus, or in general allow myself to get lost in the experience (other times, I simply can't handle the magnitude of the breakthrough). The beauty of the spice is that there is a beautiful and redeeming value to each level of experience, each level offering something that the other couldn't. It has endless avenues of exploration and is, in my opinion, the quintessential psychedelic experience! (Though I have yet to experience the Aya, unfortunately...)

@Melodic Catastrophe: Thank you much for your kind welcome. I'm actually unusually excited to engage with this online community. There seems to be a special crew here, which stands to reason.

-Chris

ragabr
#13 Posted : 6/17/2011 12:55:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus, HermeticShaman!

It's really interesting hearing your struggles reconciling psychedelics and sobriety. Have you heard much about Mama Iboga?
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

HermeticShaman
#14 Posted : 6/17/2011 5:26:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ragabr,

I've not heard anything about Mama Iboga. I'll look it up.

Honestly, having gone into the experience, I haven't found it difficult to reconcile. Spice has such a different character and use and truly lacks all the qualities I used other substances for. It doesn't leave me with a feeling of "wanting", and unlike other substances, there are often times when I simply will not touch the stuff. Not to mention, upon returning from hyperspace, I have such a genuine gratitude about life and just the truly basic things that maintain my happiness as a human being, that alcohol and drugs just do not fit into that equation.

Purges
#15 Posted : 6/17/2011 1:31:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like you have had an incredible experience with an incredible substance! I have learned so far that if you treat it with respect, and have good intentions, you will reap the benefits. No way would I ever become blase about using it, it's just too special.
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3