We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
how to cause a break through ? Options

Jigganaut
#21 Posted : 6/10/2011 11:14:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree with gibran2 and fractal. A "breakthrough" can be very subjective. A friend of mine considered seeing the chrysanthemum a breakthrough because they had never experienced a vision like that. To me, a breakthrough is communication with the cosmic entities. Everyone's journey seems to be very personal, as are their goals with the magical spice.
Prone to made-up, outlandish gibberish. Any coherent words or full sentences are purely coincidental. Jigganaut does none of these things. It's not experience, it's delirious.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

HermeticShaman
#22 Posted : 6/10/2011 11:47:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have had one experience that stands out above the rest in terms of what I would call a "break through". My method of smoking was, and remains, to sandwich the spice between white sage or a Native American herbal smoking blend (non psychoactive). The first hit usually just gets the cherry going, though I may have some slight body buzzing/auditory buzzing. At this point, the bowl is good to go. Most of the time, I take two very large hits, held for a considerable period of time, and meditate and simply enter into the experience (which is different with each run). To break through, for me, I get to the peak of my 2nd hit, and when the thought of taking another hit is completely unimaginable (and it was, my friend had to strongly urge me to push through), I have to force another hit. I've done this once as it was a difficult experience to deal with and recover from (though beautiful and valuable) -- everything in front of me dissolved into fractals, I closed my eyes, and I was out.

I did lose all awareness of a body. For a time, I didn't remember having a body -- I know this, because when coming back, I remembered that I have a body. I entered into a golden radiant light and every last bit of what I would identify as "me" simply dissolved into this light. I was not divided from it, I was it, it was me, and "we" were one collective experience. It was really a kind of ridiculously powerful, heavenly realm where all beings and presences existed at such a high frequency that they couldn't take individual form.

And then I was sent into a realm of extreme darkness wherein I encountered the most fearsome, loathsome entities imaginable -- of reptilian, serpent-like quality, who embraced me in a cold, un-breathing, life-sucking kind of way. It was honestly terrifying. And yet worth it all the same.

I do believe that there is a point at which everyone can fully "leave", but the details will be different and personal. Most of the time, I arrive at the "gate", so to speak, and these beings, who present themselves through the fractals and patterning, try to welcome me in (encouraging me to take in a dose sufficient to fully enter). Most of the time, it simply suffices to get to a good sub-breakthrough dose and show my recognition to the spirits and beings as they present themselves to me through the leaves, the trees, the clouds, the grass, everything. The more recognition I give them and the more I allow myself to simply be taken away by them, the more vivid my experience with them becomes. Sometimes, I'll utter a word or two "I recognize you, show yourselves to me." This is sufficient to make contact with that realm and gain insights while viewing it. It's certainly not always necessary, or even desirable, to completely dissolve into it.

Just my two cents.

-Chris
"'Tis true, without falsehood, certain and most true.
That which is below is as that which is above, and that which is above is as that which is below, to accomplish the miracle of the One thing.
And as all things have arisen from one by the meditation of one: so all things have their birth from this one thing by adaptation.
The Sun is its father, the Moon its mother,
the wind hath carried it in its belly, the earth its nurse."

-Hermes Mercurius Trismegistus

All posts by the above author, HermeticShaman are fictional segments of a fictional fantasy book about fictional psychedelic journeys and travels to fantasy lands of wonder and imagination. Any resemblance to real events, intentions, conspiracy to commit illegal activities, or confessions of illegal activity are merely a convincing way to build up an epic plot line, and in no way represent the lifestyle or actions of the man behind the name.

tehtor
#23 Posted : 6/11/2011 2:20:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks guys, this has really given me some insight and ideas.. I will take them to heart

Global
#24 Posted : 6/11/2011 3:56:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Even when I had my biggest breakthrough to date where I was soaring through white light, I was still somewhat aware of my ass and back pressing against the futon I was sitting on and so in one sense I was flying, and in another I was aware that I still did have my body. For me, breakthroughs have this certain kind of intensity and energy. I can't really describe it beyond that, other than when I feel that energy, I realize afterwards it's a breakthrough. During the experience, I simply allow myself to enjoy and try to take in certain details cause I know if I don't, I probably won't remember much of it at all. I also concur with pretty much everything gibran and fractal said.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

psyco_nomad
#25 Posted : 6/11/2011 4:51:35 PM

Joe

I have to get involved in this, mainly because... I love this shit Very happy language is so funny.

So a "breakthrough" has by all accounts NO definition. The word describes an intangable experience that is a personal experience and differant for everyone. It is a word that has very differant views and emotions asociated with it for every different person out there.

If I say the sentence; I love a girl. Everyone will have the same understanding of "I"(author) and everyone knows what a girl is. Love however, that is different for everyone. Some may have even went through heartbreak which would make them asociate love with feeling of pain or failer. even if I changed "a girl" for "my girl" evenone would bring in asociations of thier own women.

Language is very amazing. IT really does lets you know how differant everyone is. It's beatiful, so many experiences.

Anyways, It is my belief that everyone talking here now has had a breakthrough, yes even you tehtor. I was chasing the mystyrious breakthrough for my first couple times. then I took a week break. everything changed while staying exactly the same. on my next time to hyperspace I first thought still know breakthough, I am still aware, but as I have elfs pouring multi-coloured pepples of light into my head down tracks made of pure energy, I realize I have brokethrough. everything felt alot more intense then. I got a little nervse and tried to open my eyes but couldnt(the need to keep them closed was stonger then the one to open them). This time was no differant then any other. Same death of ego, vivid open eye, and "other worldly" closed eye. When I realized thats when things changed, or my perception of things changed.

Terence mckenna describes in his breakthroughs that he disasociates from his body but that DMT does not alter mind, and he is very aware of thoughts and "real" world situations
We live in illusion and the appearance of things. There is a reality. We are that reality. When you understand this, you see that you are nothing, and being nothing, you are everything.
Cogito Ergo Sum

Global
#26 Posted : 6/11/2011 11:43:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

psyco_nomad wrote:

Anyways, It is my belief that everyone talking here now has had a breakthrough

I doubt it. I kinda know what you're getting at, and even though the term "breakthrough" is a bit arbitrary, I'm pretty sure I didn't get my first one until about 6 months in to regular experimenting. Just because it's not well-defined, doesn't mean that everyone has em
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

ragabr
#27 Posted : 6/12/2011 3:11:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Global wrote:
Just because it's not well-defined, doesn't mean that everyone has em

Definitely.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

gibran2
#28 Posted : 6/12/2011 3:50:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

psyco_nomad wrote:
So a "breakthrough" has by all accounts NO definition. The word describes an intangable experience that is a personal experience and differant for everyone. It is a word that has very differant views and emotions asociated with it for every different person out there.

The experience is ineffable, but not intangible. If you have a breakthrough, you will probably know it.

(However, there have been some members here who have more or less said, “I thought I knew what a breakthrough was, then I had one, and now I really know what one is.”)
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

toppy
#29 Posted : 6/12/2011 2:37:02 PM

Eon Worker

You should start meditating and learn to clear your mind.

I can have a DMT trip just by meditating and can have a full on breakthrough/lucid dream/summon spirit by using a bit of cocaine and cannabis. The key to a breakthrough is to think about nothing and let there be no distractions and just let your eyes naturally roll to the center of your vision.

ragabr
#30 Posted : 6/12/2011 2:48:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

toppy wrote:
a full on breakthrough/lucid dream/summon spirit by using a bit of cocaine and cannabis.

I have talked to plenty of people who have both lucid dreamed and had DMT breakthroughs, and none of them ever thought they were similar. Your claims sound specious to me.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

toppy
#31 Posted : 6/12/2011 3:05:30 PM

Eon Worker

ragabr wrote:
toppy wrote:
a full on breakthrough/lucid dream/summon spirit by using a bit of cocaine and cannabis.

I have talked to plenty of people who have both lucid dreamed and had DMT breakthroughs, and none of them ever thought they were similar. Your claims sound specious to me.

By using the symbol "/" - i meant "or". I was not comparing a "DMT breakthrough" to a lucid dream, i was just saying that these abilities can be achieved by clearing the mind. Depending on what frequency you are tuned into.

Global
#32 Posted : 6/12/2011 4:38:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

toppy wrote:
ragabr wrote:
toppy wrote:

By using the symbol "/" - i meant "or". I was not comparing a "DMT breakthrough" to a lucid dream, i was just saying that these abilities can be achieved by clearing the mind. Depending on what frequency you are tuned into.

I don't think that's what ragabr meant. He/she was suspicious that you can have a DMT breakthrough from cocaine and cannabis, as I would be as well. The breakthrough experience is in a category of such immense power that even those who take high doses of DMT and have already achieved breakthroughs, can have difficulty attaining those plateaus. Not trying to say that you're not getting some kind of potent visuals from cannabis and cocaine, just that it's doubtful that they can rival the breakthrough state of a DMT experience. I don't mean for this to come off as aggressive or defensive in any way. It just strikes us as highly unlikely.

I refer you to gibran's post, right above yours.

Quote:
However, there have been some members here who have more or less said, “I thought I knew what a breakthrough was, then I had one, and now I really know what one is.”

psyco_nomad
#33 Posted : 6/14/2011 5:16:32 PM

Joe

Global wrote:
psyco_nomad wrote:

Anyways, It is my belief that everyone talking here now has had a breakthrough

I doubt it. I kinda know what you're getting at, and even though the term "breakthrough" is a bit arbitrary, I'm pretty sure I didn't get my first one until about 6 months in to regular experimenting. Just because it's not well-defined, doesn't mean that everyone has em

I did not mean everyone on this site or everyone that smoked DMT has had a breakthrough. everyone that has put something into this thread has deff. had a breakthrough though. I believe that without have one, you can not begin to understand one and everyone seems to understand a breakthrough enough to prove that. and when I said that tehtor has probably had one too I was wrong in how I said that. What I should have said was that tehtor was probably had the right amount and conditions for a breakthrough, but just hasn't let go and ecxepted it yet.

When I started smoking DMT I was smoking very large doses trying to force a breakthrough after I had my first I can now acomplish one with a fairly small amount, by meditating a little before hand, and then asking the world to come to me(pretty much)

Mckenna said he could acheive a DMT breakthrough during a psylicibin trip by simply sitting in the dark and saying little green men, little green men. The tone in which he said it was very humorous but still he claimed it was possible. Surely you will agree if A DMT breakthough can be acheived on shrooms it certainly can be acheived on a non-heroic dose of DMT.

I might even agree that someone with enough experience of DMT, and meditation might be able to acomplish something like a DMT breakthough on Cocaine and weed.
We live in illusion and the appearance of things. There is a reality. We are that reality. When you understand this, you see that you are nothing, and being nothing, you are everything.
Cogito Ergo Sum

Global
#34 Posted : 6/14/2011 9:33:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

psyco_nomad wrote:
Surely you will agree if A DMT breakthough can be acheived on shrooms it certainly can be acheived on a non-heroic dose of DMT.

I might even agree that someone with enough experience of DMT, and meditation might be able to acomplish something like a DMT breakthough on Cocaine and weed.

I believe the breakthrough can be achieved with a non-heroic dose of DMT. A few days ago, I had a full breakthrough on less than 10mg white freebase spice. I'm still hesitant to say that a similar state can be achieved with cocaine and weed. Not saying you can't have what might even be considered to be strong hallucinations from that combo....just not breakthrough. I'm not saying it's impossible, but for all likelihood: seriously unlikely

gibran2
#35 Posted : 6/14/2011 9:50:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

psyco_nomad wrote:

You seem to ignore the fact that there is a neurochemical basis for DMT breakthroughs. Different chemicals affect different receptors and consequently lead to different subjective effects. A breakthrough isn’t just the result of a meditative intention to have a breakthrough or a sufficient dose of any psychoactive substance. A DMT breakthrough (or more generally, a tryptamine breakthrough) is uniquely a DMT breakthrough.

I’ve never used cocaine, so I can’t speak from personal experience, but I’ve never read any descriptions of a cocaine “breakthrough”.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Shayku
#36 Posted : 6/14/2011 10:09:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:
I’ve never used cocaine, so I can’t speak from personal experience, but I’ve never read any descriptions of a cocaine “breakthrough”.

It's also known as a heart attack.
SWIM is Spartacus!

The things posted on DMT-Nexus by Shayku are generally false. They are for entertainment purposes only.

psyco_nomad
#37 Posted : 6/14/2011 10:27:43 PM

Joe

gibran2 wrote:
psyco_nomad wrote:

You seem to ignore the fact that there is a neurochemical basis for DMT breakthroughs. Different chemicals affect different receptors and consequently lead to different subjective effects. A breakthrough isn’t just the result of a meditative intention to have a breakthrough or a sufficient dose of any psychoactive substance. A DMT breakthrough (or more generally, a tryptamine breakthrough) is uniquely a DMT breakthrough.

I completely understand what you are saying and I do not think a "full on" DMT breakthrough can ever be duplicated, that is why I said that one could achieve "something like" a breakthrough and like you, I have never tried cocaine(except for what I might have be given in an EX pill) I just think that toppy was on to something when he said

toppy wrote:

I can have a DMT trip just by meditating and can have a full on breakthrough/lucid dream/summon spirit by using a bit of cocaine and cannabis. The key to a breakthrough is to think about nothing and let there be no distractions and just let your eyes naturally roll to the center of your vision.

I did not agree with a Full on breakthrough but our neural network connects experiences. If we see someone kissing, for instance, we might recognize that as love and then our bodies send out the love chem. Since our bodies produce DMT don’t you think a similar thing might happen in that situation?

Really, you seem like you know what you’re talking about, a lot more then I do at least. And we are getting a little off topic now.
My point was just to stop chasing and enjoy the experience, I don’t even try to breakthrough everytime.

Thanks for the insight though
Cogito Ergo Sum

Global
#38 Posted : 6/14/2011 11:06:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

psyco_nomad wrote:

I did not agree with a Full on breakthrough but our neural network connects experiences. If we see someone kissing, for instance, we might recognize that as love and then our bodies send out the love chem. Since our bodies produce DMT don’t you think a similar thing might happen in that situation?

It just seems that DMT can be such a delicate, fickle thing in the first place that even after having achieved a breakthrough, they still can remain incredibly elusive despite good vaping technique, meditation, etc...If everything in its chemical equation isn't perfect, it just seems next to impossible to achieve.

psyco_nomad
#39 Posted : 6/15/2011 6:23:16 PM

Joe

Kudos
I have nothing else.

Cleary, Global and Gibran2, you two have much more knowlege and experience then I. I do still believe that a DMT breakthrough can be accomplish with a non-heroic dose of dmt, because I have done it and I deff. know a breakthrough from a non. My point in all of this was just to say, it is my opinion that to achieve a breakthough it isn't so much the size of the dose you do but rather how you do it, meditate before and just let go during the trip.

Stop chasing and just enjoy!!! Even if a breakthough is not achieved, the lower levels still conjure life changing experiences.

Happy Travels to all
Cogito Ergo Sum

gibran2
#40 Posted : 6/15/2011 6:39:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

psyco_nomad wrote:
...I do still believe that a DMT breakthrough can be accomplish with a non-heroic dose of dmt, because I have done it and I deff. know a breakthrough from a non. My point in all of this was just to say, it is my opinion that to achieve a breakthough it isn't so much the size of the dose you do but rather how you do it, meditate before and just let go during the trip.

I agree with this – my deepest breakthrough was from a moderate dose. I can’t say exactly what caused it to go the way it did. I sure wasn’t expecting what happened.

PREV12