We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Evaporating Indoors Options

Ambient
#1 Posted : 11/19/2008 6:30:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Anyone have any methods of evaporating it indoors that are safe? I live in a small room with poor ventilation and am trying to be creative. Any chemicals that will absorb the solvent vapors?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

burnt
#2 Posted : 11/19/2008 6:44:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Not really. Evaporating without ventilation is very dangerous! Try using a fan maybe?

Ambient
#3 Posted : 11/19/2008 7:17:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Wouldn't that just blow the fumes around the room? So there are no chemicals that can absorb solvents?

burnt
#4 Posted : 11/19/2008 7:29:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

With the window open it will blow fumes outside. Is there no window?

But about the chemical to absorb organic solvents in short there is no simple way to do it thats practical for most people. Ah yes I forgot to add distilling would work. But again most people don't have that kind of stuff set up.

69ron
#5 Posted : 11/19/2008 7:30:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Carbon filters absorb lots of solvent fumes. Get an air purifier that has a carbon filter in it. It will help, but not completely.

I recommend putting your solvent in a container that is air tight that has two vinyl tubes connected to it. One tube goes out the window; the other tube is connected to an air pump. The pump pushes air really fast through the container and out the window. The fast air movement will quickly evaporate the solvent. This is how SWIM did it before he had a still. Now he distills the solvent instead.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Ambient
#6 Posted : 11/19/2008 7:34:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I think I will try the carbon filter. Might try to distill though. What temp does the solvent come over at and what solvent do you use? Also, do those temperatures damage the goods at all?

burnt
#7 Posted : 11/19/2008 7:45:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Depends on the solvent. Usually on the bottle it sais their boiling point. Also depends on whether or not you distill under vacuum. As low pressure means lower boiling point.

amor_fati
#8 Posted : 11/19/2008 10:50:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

SWIM only evaporates acetone, which he can keep on top of a cabinet without even a hint of odor. SWIM used to evaporate naphtha on top of a crock-pot next to a bathroom window with the bathroom's fan running and the door closed, and he never smelled it anywhere else in the house. SWIM would never dream of evaping xylene or toulene, however.

69ron
#9 Posted : 11/19/2008 11:11:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah evaporating xylene or toulene without proper equipment will make your whole house smell like a gas station! YUCK!
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Ambient
#10 Posted : 11/20/2008 12:07:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

How do you do an acetone extraction? I thought the salts weren't soluble in acetone?

amor_fati
#11 Posted : 11/20/2008 5:50:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

The FASA Method

Basically, if one uses standard STB or A/B with toulene or xylene, one could precipitate the salt form right out of the NPS using fumaric acid and acetone, which would then only require drying of the salts, which could be done in an oven. One could then use washing soda or lime to basify and pull with acetone. This is the only point at which evaporation is necessary. Acetone dries very fast and its odor, though quite powerful, does not travel far at all.

lorax
#12 Posted : 11/20/2008 2:25:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

if you need to evaporate for some reason.. NEVER DO IT INDOORS! get yourself a hotplate (like the ones to keep food warm on) and a long extension cord and do it on your balcony. if the extension cord is thin enough you can even close the door so no fumes will get in. a friend of mine does it that way. works like a charm. you should watch out for rain and kamikaze insects tho. kamikaze insects usually commit suicide by jumping into the pool of solvent Pleased

and then they will take their last crap in your spice. insect crap is an impurity which is hard to remove.

but I also cannot stress enough to go the FASA way!
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)