We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Introduction Options

Kronas
#1 Posted : 6/6/2011 2:31:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

:arrow: Thank you for taking the time to read my introduction essaySurprised

I just typed out a very lengthy, well written summary of myself, experiences, and other minor details to introduce myself to the community, however, my power cut off and I lost all that was written. I will make a summary of what I wrote though. 23 year old male, living in the United States, grew up in a suburban/rural/brainwashed area. Have been a Nexus surfer for 2-3 years, and am honored and humbled by the open minds and loving hearts that exist here. Thanks and Praises to The Traveler for making it possible, and Love and Gratitude to everyone for participating.

As for experience(s), Caffeine, Alcohol, Cannabis (7 years heavy), MDMA, Mushrooms, LSD, DMT, Kava, and Kratom. I am currently not ingesting chemicals or substances, waiting for the right opportunity to unite with Aya, Peyote, and Iboga. All of my experiences share one common theme though, we are to use our insights and teachings to improve life in "this" dimension, as well as to connect more with Nature. I am so thankful for DMT, and all the help it has given me in escaping the programming/conditioning of my Culture/Society. Without DMT I would have never found this forum, and wouldn't be on the path I am currently on. Thanks for all of your research, humor, conversations, reasoning, art, and music that you have shared.

Most recently, I had an experience which was a first for me in my current body Wink, I was able to attend a Native American Sweat Lodge, with an Indian Guide holding over 20 years of experience. This was after I had quit all substances and was focusing more on research, art, music, nutrition, etc. I must say that I had a spiritual experience that has left a loving imprint on my soul, as well as body and mind. Connecting and communicating with 8 other people while in the presence of our great creator was a great honor, and I see why it is a thousand +plus+ year old tradition. If you have the opportunity to be a part of a real Sweat Lodge I highly recommend it. Breathing, Sweating, Singing, Drumming, Darkness, I can imagine the world would be a better place if we took the time to hold community sweats like our ancestors did.

Well that is the introduction Nexian, thank you again for taking the time to see who's new on the block. CommUnity thrives here, hopefully the world will begin doing the same. I have much to share on this forum and look forward to some intelligent, meaningful, unusual, and original conversation/debate/reasoning. Bless I&I, One Love, Respect, Unity, Peace, Harmony, Nature, Life
Thanks and Praises, Love and Gratitude, Peace and Unity, Hemp Seed & Honey

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 6/7/2011 8:00:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!

Glad to have you onboard Smile

Its a pity the long intro essay is gone, im sure it would have been an interesting insight into your life and ideas..... I like the sum up version too though Smile

I think you seem to have a very respectful reasonable attitude towards these substances, which certainly plays on your side I think. Sounds awesome about the sweat lodge!

What kind of setting is your preffered one to take these substances? Alone, with people? Indoors, outdoors? etc..

Also im wondering, while you say you are preparing for aya and that you have used DMT, it isnt clear if this was vaporized or also oral DMT.. Did you consume it orally yet?

See ya!

rOm
#3 Posted : 6/7/2011 8:50:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello Kronas and Welcome abroad !
Sweat loadge are indeed a good way to set oneself up for a more reflected position in life.
Ayahuasca, Iboga and Peyote are great allies and you seem indeed to take a good care of your life before meeting them, it will only be better !!

See you around!
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Kronas
#4 Posted : 6/7/2011 12:57:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Endless, I do have a deep respect for all substances that promote growth and understanding. As for Swimming, I have had two separate experiences smoking it, each with multiple journey's. I prefer to be outdoors in the middle of nature for any experience, as I have a slight distaste for modern society and its way's, which seem to want to separate us from nature. I look forward to working with more plant spirits in the future. I am currently reprogramming my operating systemVery happy from a culture/society based one to a nature based one. My goal is to live as Indigenous cultures do, or how the Native Americans did, and my upbringing did not prepare me to do this, so it is a nice challenge for me to work at.

As for a little insight into my experiences, the first Swim I experienced was done with much preparation and I had a good guide. The third smoke that night gave me a complete breakthrough (Out of Body) and taught me the ultimate secret is to live our conscious lives with great care and wisdom. It showed me that the greatest gift, the truly best thing in the universe, is right in front of our eyes all the time, our present moment. It also connected me into the infinite and showed me I truly am part of a bigger picture. I have done Mushrooms with people and alone (High doses), LSD with people only (Visual and Ego Death), Swimming with people only Laughing, and have to say that I cried the first time I ingested the Spice, due to the utter beauty and mystery it presented. Recently music has been my source of energetic communication, and it seems to have exceptional abilities in of itself, sort of like a battery of consciousness like art.

It keeps on going, forever in every direction, it's never the same, it's all knowing, all loving, everything is everything, and our job is to protect the truth which we hold within us. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FdJlKc4W68

endlessness
#5 Posted : 6/7/2011 2:25:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Kronas wrote:
Thanks Endless, I do have a deep respect for all substances that promote growth and understanding. As for Swimming, I have had two separate experiences smoking it, each with multiple journey's. I prefer to be outdoors in the middle of nature for any experience, as I have a slight distaste for modern society and its way's, which seem to want to separate us from nature. I look forward to working with more plant spirits in the future. I am currently reprogramming my operating systemVery happy from a culture/society based one to a nature based one. My goal is to live as Indigenous cultures do, or how the Native Americans did, and my upbringing did not prepare me to do this, so it is a nice challenge for me to work at.

As for a little insight into my experiences, the first Swim I experienced was done with much preparation and I had a good guide. The third smoke that night gave me a complete breakthrough (Out of Body) and taught me the ultimate secret is to live our conscious lives with great care and wisdom. It showed me that the greatest gift, the truly best thing in the universe, is right in front of our eyes all the time, our present moment. It also connected me into the infinite and showed me I truly am part of a bigger picture. I have done Mushrooms with people and alone (High doses), LSD with people only (Visual and Ego Death), Swimming with people only Laughing, and have to say that I cried the first time I ingested the Spice, due to the utter beauty and mystery it presented. Recently music has been my source of energetic communication, and it seems to have exceptional abilities in of itself, sort of like a battery of consciousness like art.

It keeps on going, forever in every direction, it's never the same, it's all knowing, all loving, everything is everything, and our job is to protect the truth which we hold within us. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FdJlKc4W68

Cool Smile

Re: living as indigenous cultures, I understand what you mean but I must note here that its important not to have a romantic view on indigenous people in general. I mean, there were indigenous groups who fought fierce battles with each other, hanging the opponents heads, etc. Not all of them were and are pacific, or necessarily sustainable either. Same with shamans, they arent necessarily always right, they can make mistakes, etc..

I dont think you disagree with me here but I stil feel like I have to state: at least for me, the key is to be able to find the midway, the advantages from the different cultures, as well as being conscious of the problems that each one has, and trying to come with a healthy world view that incorporates the best from our and other cultures. I think too often people completely deny a culture because they dont understand or disagree with one part (imagine if europeans had learned from astronomy/etc when they arrived in the americas, or whatever), but at the same time its common that when someone is unsatisfied with their own culture, one tends to ignore the good aspects of it, and idealize some other culture without seeing the negative aspects too.

I think sustainability is one of the main aspects we should look for, finding a dynamic healthy balance in our relationship with nature, learning from the natural environment, being fully respectful towards life in general. Also learning to incorporate entheogenic practices inside a broad healthy social context. Also one thing I like about some indigenous groups is the notion of collectivism, of working for everybody. Like if parents need to go away for some reason, they dont worry about their child because they know that some people in particular, but also the whole tribe in general will take care of them.

At the same time I think science is an amazing tool that we cannot and should not ignore. Our information and communication technologies are also amazing (yay Nexus!). I feel bad though that its impossible to use electronics that do not come from china at least in part, being made with unsustainable energy sources and practices in general, etc.

As for your experiences, all sounds very familiar Smile I must say I also absolutely adore taking psychedelics in nature, maybe with small group of friends. But I am also a fan of taking it in my room, alone, eyes closed listening to music or playing the guitar Smile

One question about the sweat lodge, out of curiosity. Lets say you started feeling bad from all the heat and all, how possible (or badly seen) would it be to leave? I ask because I hate feeling stuck or obligated to do or not do something, and specially if my body is being taken to the extremes, I dont know if I could "let go" if I couldnt leave.

Kronas
#6 Posted : 6/7/2011 3:24:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow Endless, you impress me with your knowledge and viewpoint, definitely an observer you are. As for the Sweat Lodge, the heat does become unbearable, but the trick is to continue breathing and know that your body can handle it and cool itself. When you are in the lodge, the steam created helps oxygenate your blood, and the heat itself makes you want to take long, slow breaths. The Sweating itself is cooling your body immensely to deal with the extreme heat, and at times I felt myself getting full body chills or "Goosebumps" during the hottest times, not due to being cold, but rather feeling the energy of creation run through me. One person in the lodge said he could not continue at one point, but a fellow sweater in the lodge encouraged him to stay and reassured him that he was fine, at which point I began sending loving energy towards this person as well. He decided to stay through that round, but had to leave the last part due to obligations outside of the lodge.

It is not looked down upon at all if you decide to leave, as soon as you feel you can't take anymore, that is when you must push on through and allow your spirit to guide you through the physical strain. The Indian guide who facilitated the lodge spoke of ceremonies he would do with other guides, in which they would have endurance trials. During these sweat lodges, they are trying to test their limits, and they bring in many more stones, pour more water, and stay enclosed for longer. The sweat I had was a test of my endurance, physically, spiritually, and mentally, however I know I could have taken more. I plan on attending many more in the near future.

Last but not least, as far as indigenous cultures and our culture. I definitely understand where you are coming from here, as I have done much research and thought on the subject. I am aware not all indigenous peoples are peaceful, and some of their ways are considered wrong, but many have mastered living in harmony with nature in a sustainable way, and have existed for thousands of years or more. As far as looking at only what is wrong with modern society/culture I must assure you that I look for the good aspects way more than the bad, due to that being the way to improve upon my own lifestyle (Which is truly all one can do, although influencing others is acceptable/possible, controlling them is not.) My conclusions on the subject are that the direction that the U.S./U.N./Europe/Asia/NWO is headed has no midway point, and is directly in opposition to nature and natural rhythms. On the other hand, cultures like the indigenous ones I am mentioning are in direct relationships with nature and natural rhythms. This leads me to seeing the good or as I like to say Truth lies directly in traditions that have been held for thousands of years or more, compared to ones brought about just recently.

I will end this one with my thoughts on modern high-technology and more specifically the internet, I believe it has come about specifically for the purpose of guiding us back into nature and true community living. I see very little communication where I live in actual communities, however I observe massive amounts through the Internet. It will take famine, disaster, and horrible things to bring people together face to face. Imagine everyone at the Nexus meeting face to face, instead of on the Net, we would "Rediscover Communication" and community, to quote Enoons thread in the Tavern. Bless your insights, I am grateful for your help.
Kronas attached the following image(s):
Img218237_loop_digga_sp6.JPG (58kb) downloaded 30 time(s).

MelCat
#7 Posted : 6/9/2011 3:21:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I really like your style man. Welcome to the Nexus Very happy
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...