We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Does freebase DMT degrade within 6 months? Options

tele
#1 Posted : 5/22/2011 8:10:26 PM
Explorer

I'm wondering, does DMT degrade after 6 months when it's been stored like this: Room temperature, glass jar, aluminum foil(for wrapping the dmt), silica gel bag, dark place

I know the obvious way is to try it out, but I would like to ask about peoples experiences with storing and degrading... I know it's recommended to store in a cold place, but for me it wasn't possible...

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 5/22/2011 8:12:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

delta-9
#3 Posted : 6/7/2011 6:34:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I recently did an extraction on some root bark which I had left basified for a year, just to see if it still had anything left in it. To my surprise it still produced off white product, and still potent. Would suggest that freebase DMT is more resilient than I thought.

Ice House
#4 Posted : 6/7/2011 8:51:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

I have recently sampled FBDMT that was well over a year old and I found it to be just as potent as it was the day it was pulled from MHRB.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Ellis D'Empty
#5 Posted : 6/7/2011 8:57:12 PM

Snirfneblin

I have to comment, I wouldn't put the DMT inside the foil... but inside the jar maybe wrapped in foil. (Dunno if this is what you meant, and I dunno if it'd make a big difference)
01:13:08 ‹Ellis DEmpty› I met the people living in my head... I disturbed them while they were sitting down at the table.... They were as shocked as I was!

We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and to late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross.

Tsehakla
#6 Posted : 6/7/2011 10:03:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had noticeable changes after 1-2 months with FB in a tightly sealed (although probably not airtight), 1/2 full vial, in the dark, at room temp. The changes were: white->tan->brown, starting to taste nasty when vapourized.

Deep freeze temps instead of room temp and a storage time of ~5 months (otherwise the same) -> no noticeable change.

I expect that a room temp storage scenario with a full vial, sealed in a light-tight container containing both an O2 absorber and a humidity adsorber (like dry silica gel), would extend the 1-2 month period significantly.
Two things to keep in mind:
1) It is all lies.
2) There is no privacy on the Internet.

endlessness
#7 Posted : 6/7/2011 10:10:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Teshakla, might I ask how you vaporized it?

I've had dmt stored improperly in a drawer for over a year. The only difference to me was in the looks, it did turn brown. I suspect though it must be a superficial oxidation because pure n-oxide would be an oil. I smoked it and it was perfectly active, couldnt tell difference in experience from normal DMT. With vaporgenie the taste was smooth (dont know if a bit different or not, but smooth enough to be totally doable).

Im not saying that one should purpousely keep it badly stored, I would always try to store cold/dark/airtight/dry, but IME dmt 'going bad' doesnt really happen as some people might fear.

Tsehakla
#8 Posted : 6/7/2011 10:47:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I use The Machine, with gentle heat. I also didn't notice any change in potency and it wasn't even close to as harsh as yellow crystals or the red goo I scraped off the bottom of a dish after evaporating some DMT laced solvent.
Two things to keep in mind:
1) It is all lies.
2) There is no privacy on the Internet.

geeg30
#9 Posted : 6/8/2011 2:21:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've got some FB that I extracted last year and it looks and smokes just the same( maybe slight discolouring) - room temp, wrapped in paper and probably 14 mnths old.
Here you!!! Gonnaenodaethat

"Iceberg???? - What Iceberg????"