We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Whats instore for the Nexus? Options

Darkbb
#1 Posted : 10/30/2008 11:51:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Traveler, what are your plans for this site if any. It seems to be growing just fine right now. Do you have any goals in store for us? Smile

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Reborn
#2 Posted : 11/1/2008 2:45:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

He is going to throw a week long party in 2012 in Antartica during 24 hrs of sun (I love the sun and the snow) and we are all invited.

j/k of course traveler but I do like the idea, maybe you should start a donation link for that Smile
Memory, prophecy and fantasy
-the past, the future and the dreaming moment between -
are all in one country, living one immortal day.
To know that is Wisdom. To use it is the Art.

Jorkest
#3 Posted : 11/1/2008 2:46:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

i agree!! i want to be invited too!!!
it's a sound

The Traveler
#4 Posted : 11/1/2008 10:23:08 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Whats in store?

Well, as you might have seen the first site changes took already place a week or so ago. The pages beneath the front page have changed already and I will change them a bit more with background pictures since it's kinda dark right now.

Also, I've got an idea for the donation part. There will be no donation part for this site but to support this site you can make a donation to a certain band. I love their music and as long as I can listen to that music I'm happy with this site.

Whats also in the pipeline is to have a personal callsign beneath your avator, it's a personal thing you get by staying at this site and people will give it to you.

And then some more but it's all about time I'm afraid, besides the DMT-Nexus you wouldn't want to know how much more work there is...Smile

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Jorkest
#5 Posted : 11/1/2008 1:56:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

you are the man
it's a sound

'Coatl
#6 Posted : 11/18/2008 5:29:17 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Does it have to be the DMT-Nexus? I donno I just feel that this site isn't ONLY about DMT...

Why not the "Spirit-Nexus"?

"Entheogen-Nexus"

"The Nexus"

"Astral-Nexus"

"Shaman-Nexus"

I think "The Nexus" sounds great!
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Entropymancer
#7 Posted : 11/18/2008 3:59:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

I like DMT-Nexus. For one thing, it's the domain name; it'd be confusing as hell (and break links to the site from all over the net) if the domain name were changed.

But also, this site is a community of people interested in the DMT experience. I think that's part of why we have such a good community here. Other sites that focus on entheogens in general, or on psychoactive substances in general, tend to attract a crowd that's somewhat more... shall we say "common denominator". As has been said before, the general maturity and collective IQ here is noticeably higher than at other similar sites, and I think that has to do with the sort of crowd that DMT attracts. All the other topics that are discussed here (other entheogens and plant discussion) are simply an area where many of our interests tend to overlap. So much of the philosophical and mystical discussion here revolves around direct experience with the spice.

Personally, I think this site would lose some of its valuable characteristics if it became just another psychoactive substances/plants forum. I think keeping the primary focus on DMT is central to the spirit of this forum and this community.

Jorkest
#8 Posted : 11/18/2008 4:12:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

agreed
it's a sound

The Traveler
#9 Posted : 11/18/2008 5:29:44 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

One of the things I don't have in mind is changing the DMT-Nexus into an all entheogenic site. And why would we? The DMT-Nexus is a nice little place that deserves it's own place in that big internet universe. I beleive that what makes the DMT-Nexus great is that it stays focused. No we don't have the best forum software, no we don't have the largest site possible but we DO have a huge amount of knowledge about DMT and we know how to handle it.

This site in it's own right is a winner, a little one but still a winner. Not by me, but by all of us and our passion for DMT.

DMTripper
#10 Posted : 11/18/2008 8:53:50 PM

John Murdoch IV

I totally agree. This is the DMT-nexus! Not the shroom-nexus or the LSD-nexus. I'm here because it's the DMT-nexus. I really like the crowd here and the size is fine. I don't really like it to become bigger and draw too much attention.

I'm happy with it how it is and wouldn't like any big changes. Of course things always evolve and polish but like I said, no big changes.

Thanks everyone for all the sharing of incredible knowledge, wisdom, experience and general thoughts about everything there is.

And at last but not the least thanks to The Traveler for all his work Very happy
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

Entropymancer
#11 Posted : 11/18/2008 9:00:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

DMTripper wrote:
And at last but not the least thanks to The Traveler for all his work Very happy

Amen to that!

'Coatl
#12 Posted : 11/19/2008 3:55:10 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Well alrighty.

WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb