We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Introduction, of course Options

Who_I_Am
#1 Posted : 5/28/2011 2:10:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello, I am who I am, and that is all that really matters.

Have a mild, though once quite strong, interest in psychedelia. Recently I decided I should know more about the substance for which this site is named. Prior in my life I have gone through a short journey into the realm of research chemicals, I decided the risk(legal and physical) from such was greater than I like to take and decided to drop out of those kinds of games.

I feel the physical risk in this current field is negligible, and only worry about the legality; so , of course,I will never be ingesting nor purchasing any plants or other substances at all, and will simply be an observer to the workings of your world here.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Enoon
#2 Posted : 5/28/2011 1:52:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

hi and welcome.

it's great that you're interested in these topics. I don't know how much you can gain from not participating in it though - insight wise. I mean there is a lot of work to be done from the sober side of this - scientific research, theorizing, etc. but in the end I always think the real deal is experiencing it yourself. There is so much to be learned from it, so much to explore, so many different things that could happen, open up within you, ... the scientific side is really interesting, but the experiential side is ... something else entirely.

Personally I am an advocate of these things. They are certainly not for everybody, but I cheer for those that dare to seek them out and offer all the support I have. The experiences should be accessible to anyone who wishes to have them. The risk with the law IMO is worth taking considering the possibilities inherent in these substances and us. I would never want to miss what I have been gifted through dmt and other psychedelics.

so I don't know how serious you are with your last statement, but either way I wish that you gain the most you can from which ever course of action you take.

cheers & love
Enoon
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

endlessness
#3 Posted : 6/1/2011 12:57:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!

Im not sure if I take your essay as a legal disclaimer or as a real expression that you just want to observe and not partake the psychedelic experience. What about consuming a whole plant brew considering legality is much less of an issue (or going somewhere where legal) ?

In any case what part of the whole forum interests you the most? If you are not taking psychedelics (or dont want to talk about it), is there any type of discussion or information that you find particularly interesting?

Sally
#4 Posted : 6/5/2011 10:18:58 PM

I do not have the vocabulary to articulate this particular musing at the current time...

Enoon wrote:
it's great that you're interested in these topics. I don't know how much you can gain from not participating in it though - insight wise. I mean there is a lot of work to be done from the sober side of this - scientific research, theorizing, etc. but in the end I always think the real deal is experiencing it yourself. There is so much to be learned from it, so much to explore, so many different things that could happen, open up within you, ... the scientific side is really interesting, but the experiential side is ... something else entirely.

I would be inclined to disagree Enoon. I came to the DMT-Nexus for academic research and found the community so loving that I decided to stay. Whilst I have not partaken in DMT (yet) I have learnt so much from nexus members, I have reflected upon their insight and as a result, reflected upon myself, I believe that the Nexus has allowed me to grow as a person. There is the academic side to the Nexus, there is also the experiential aspect, but ultimately, there is the social interaction of like-minded people.

Welcome to the nexus Who_I_Am Very happy

Much love,
Sally
xx
ॐ . Amateur Entheogen Botanist. PM me if you need help in finding or identifying plants. For research purposes only . ॐ

ॐ bwrrrr bWWrrr bhrrrr bHWRRR ॐ

. Pure Universal Pulse Vibrations . Saloreo Nebulum .