We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Awareness Poster Options

MelCat
#21 Posted : 6/5/2011 4:35:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:
If i were to make a poster, it would not have demanding, activist-ish overtones..."you must do this!!" "You have to be this!!!". It would propably be a simple message, a greeting and a wish for wellbeeing.

I can see where you are coming from with the orders and demands. I think that having multiple posters will be key so that if one poster turns someone off, there are others there that might grab their attention. I will make some posters that are more welcoming instead of demanding.

obliguhl wrote:
People will start to find out, once they're capable of finding out. Ego never finds anything out but itself.

I'm not quite sure if I follow you on this. The point of the flyers is to help people find out. Maybe they aren't quite ready for it when they find the flyer, but hopefully it will plant a seed that will bloom later.

obliguhl wrote:
Who cares about some venus project or any other eleaborate scheme? It will certainly arise once more people are tuned in. But how can you force it?

I for one certainly care about The Venus Project and any other organization that is working toward the higher good for all of humanity. I know that I'm not the only one. I believe that people want change in the world. That's why the Obama campaign was so successful. I agree that it will arise once more people tune in and that's the point of this thread is to do exactly that.

You can't force anyone to change but you can give people the tools to inform themselves.

Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

MelCat
#22 Posted : 6/5/2011 4:40:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

d*l*b wrote:
Melodic Catastrophe wrote:
SWIMfriend wrote:
I think a problem might arise with the "Educate yourself" list--if somebody glanced through it and saw one thing they thought was "iffy" then they'd dismiss the entire thing…

I think this is a great idea. I know some people don't have any desire to educate themselves. They might however, be willing to "Try on something different".

I don’t know if this is just about those who “don't have any desire to educate themselves”.

I am an advocate of education (although not so much in a formal setting) and yet to me your original wording is off-putting. It implies ignorance, which – whether or not it is true of the viewer, is not the best way to start.

I think adding fractals to your image will also turn off many viewers, as they will just see the content as having been created by a hippy/spacehead and therefore not relevant to them.

You're correct, it is a bit off putting and that wasn't my intention. Sometimes I don't give people enough credit and can come off a bit harsh.

I plan on making a bunch of different posters and hopefully some other Nexians will make some posters of their own to share. I believe that we as a community can help spark some major changes.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

PREV12