We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
BLAB cleaning out D-Limo Options

Vularin
#1 Posted : 4/26/2010 3:56:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi peeps,

In the BLAB tek it says, redesolve in water and evaporate to clean out the d-limo...
This doesnt make any sense cause the d-limo is still in there, even after evap.

Whats the best way to clean the fumerate so it ends up as white as possible?

Thanks,

V

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 4/26/2010 4:01:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

IPA recrystalization.

Redissolve fumarates in minimal amount of boiling or just warm IPA (remember dont heat with flames! ), and into the freezer for a couple of days. The fumarates will crash out, but limo will stay mixed in the ipa that can be poured off and the crystals collected.

entheogenadvocate
#3 Posted : 6/4/2011 7:03:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Will the IPA re-x eliminate lye from the fumarates as well? I am working on my first BLAB, and I have a little lye in my fumarates (not quite a surgeon yet with my turkey baster... but getting there).

I plan on converting all of the fumarates to FB anyways, but I wasn't sure if it was better to purify the fumarates before I convert them to FB or not.

Thanks in advance for your help!
All posts are completely fictional and for educational purposes only

endlessness
#4 Posted : 6/4/2011 8:50:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

how can you have lye in your fumarates? didnt you make the salting AFTER the separation of limo from lye? and why not wash it then if there is remains of lye, before salting?

And you salted with FASI or FASW? Unless its a large quantity of lye the fumaric acid should anyways have neutralized remaining lye forming sodium fumarate (but anyways recommended to do a wash on your solvent before salting next time)... If you do the slow water freebase crystallization as in BLAB, it should be no problem even if there was sodium fumarate/excess fumaric acid because all of that would stay in the water while the dmt freebase will precipitate. Then just decant/filter.

Good luck

entheogenadvocate
#5 Posted : 6/4/2011 11:47:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the reply, endlessness. I did complete the salting with FASI after the separation of the d-limo from the lye, however, i didn't eliminate the couple drops of lye I had in my d-limo prior to the salting. I will be sure I do that next time.

Thanks again.
All posts are completely fictional and for educational purposes only