We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Feedback loops, resonance frequencies and psychedelics Options

onethousandk
#1 Posted : 6/4/2011 6:06:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I read a while ago someone's essay on how they thought to explain how mushrooms worked by saying that it essentially put all of your sensory input into overdrive to create a feedback loop, like a guitar too close to an amp. I unfortunately can't remember who's essay this was but apparently some research suggests this could be true:

Quote:
In experiments with rats, Aghajanian showed psilocybin to interact mainly with serotonin receptors of the dorsal raphe nucleus. Because of its inhibiting influence on neurones of the dorsal raphe nucleus an activation of noradrenergic neurones of the nearby locus coeruleus is induced. The locus coeruleus represents a major center for the integration of sensory input. This may explain some forms of perceptual alterations such as synaesthesias. Another hypothesis generated in the course of recent human studies with psilocybin assumed that alterations of different feedback-loops between cortex and thalamus are responsible for an “opening of the thalamic filter for sensory input” as the cause of the psilocybin induced frontal hyperfrontality, as shown in PET studies.

Does someone happen to know if Strassman's research indicates something similar occurring with DMT? I haven't had a chance to read The Spirit Molecule yet. I had this notion in the back of my mind when I came across this video of what resonance frequencies look like on a 2D plane[edit: Warning, your pet will hate this video]. It doesn't take much of a jump to consider that many of the auditory, visual and cognitive effects of psychedelics could be attributed to this change in frequency that the brain normally functions on.

Thoughts?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!