We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV34567NEXT»
No more Conspiracy Theory topics on the DMT-Nexus! Options

SnozzleBerry
#81 Posted : 6/1/2011 10:02:44 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

a1pha wrote:
"It's good to have an open mind - but no so much that your brain falls out."

This.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

RayOfLight
#82 Posted : 6/2/2011 4:05:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think that If people followed the rules on the attitude page there would be no need to ban specific topics.

It even says right on it that we dont need rules on this site because we're all mature and treat each other with respect.. what happened to that idea?
‎"I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect." J. Krishnamurti ~ The Dissolution of the Order of the Star. 1929

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erjAzA753sg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AEU5pBxY6E

SnozzleBerry
#83 Posted : 6/2/2011 4:09:17 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Rolling eyes

Give it a rest...trumpeting your desire for CT topics under the guise of the attitude isn't fooling anyone. Why noy join a forum that centers around conspiracy theories? I've seen plenty of them as my friends and I have engaged in researching various CTs that have come up from time to time (I have no problem engaging in friendly CT chats, just not at the Nexus). Why are you so hell bent on doing this here? The Nexus is not the appropriate forum for this (as the community itself has indicated), plenty of other ones exist and will no doubt welcome your burning passion for CTs. why not devote your energy to sharing your ideas there rather than protesting the community's desire that you not share them here?
WikiAttitudeFAQ
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

RayOfLight
#84 Posted : 6/2/2011 4:20:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I haven't read one post about conspiracies in this forum, made one or had anything to do with conspiracies here, I probably wouldent even read them if they were here, I was over that years ago. Im not trying to hide anything behind anything . I'm against censorship and I'm for the attitude page simple as that .
‎"I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect." J. Krishnamurti ~ The Dissolution of the Order of the Star. 1929

SnozzleBerry
#85 Posted : 6/2/2011 4:29:24 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Are you seriously trying to claim that this whole CT rant and poll is analogous to a "test case" for you?

Seriously??? Is this what you consider a productive use of time? The Nexus is Trav's site, you can conform to his guidelines (which are generally supported by and reflect the desires of the community at large) or perhaps it's time to find a new community. No one is being censored, CTs are not allowed due to their polarizing effects on the community, not out of a desire to staunch the free-flow of information among community members. Whatever your motivations really are for this, I find it tiresome and I wish you well in your endeavors, I'm done with this.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

RayOfLight
#86 Posted : 6/2/2011 4:32:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

And as for what traveler said about there having to be some rules like not trading or selling substances or completely unrelated things like how to knit socks I agree with that but obviously people here are somehow making a connection between dmt and conspiracies and the reason its being banned isn't because the topic is unrelated to dmt or illegal its because of how people treat each other when discussing it . again , refer to the attitude page.

SnozzleBerry
#87 Posted : 6/2/2011 4:48:37 AM

omnia sunt communia!

RayOfLight wrote:
I haven't read one post about conspiracies in this forum, made one or had anything to do with conspiracies here, I probably wouldent even read them if they were here

If you don't care then drop it, if you have no vested interest drop it, if you're not going to post in these threads why are you beating the crap outta this poor horse? Don't say it's for the good of the community or the "free speech" of the community...you're on your own, the community does NOT support you. If you're not doing this for your own interests and the community doesn't want this, who are you arguing for?
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

Entropymancer
#88 Posted : 6/2/2011 4:56:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

As has already been noted, conspiracy theory discussions have a way of being extremely polarizing, largely on account of most involved parties having widely divergent views on what constitute the "facts" of the case and being thoroughly unwilling to budge on them. At least some of the participants also have an unhealthy zeal in approaching the topic, becoming all the more agitated when others are unconvinced or disagree with their view. Things escalate, things get ugly. That's just how conspiracy theory threads go. Since they create so much unnecessary and counterproductive disharmony, and they don't actually contribute to the subject matter of the forum, it's by far better to simply steer clear.

I understand what you're saying, that if everyone followed the attitude page there would not be much disharmony from conspiracy theory threads (as an aside, I think that if people followed the attitude guidelines, virtually no one would actually respond to conspiracy theory threads and they would simply become soapboxes for the would-be Alex Joneses and David Ickes of the internet... but that's just speculation). Unfortunately, this simply does not work in practice. Conspiracy theory threads are violently polarizing, far beyond garden-variety contentious subjects like religion.

If what you're proposing actually worked, I might be alright with it (though I really don't understand what value is added to the forum by discussing how 9/11 reptilian overlords from ancient Babylon assassinated JFK with chemtrails and will return in 2012 to harvest the pineal glands that have been calcified by fluoridated water in order to start a New World Order with Obama's fake birth certificate). But the fact is, these things create a markedly unpleasant tone in the forum regardless of how well-intentioned the members might be.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

RayOfLight
#89 Posted : 6/2/2011 6:16:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
RayOfLight wrote:
I haven't read one post about conspiracies in this forum, made one or had anything to do with conspiracies here, I probably wouldent even read them if they were here

If you don't care then drop it, if you have no vested interest drop it, if you're not going to post in these threads why are you beating the crap outta this poor horse? Don't say it's for the good of the community or the "free speech" of the community...you're on your own, the community does NOT support you. If you're not doing this for your own interests and the community doesn't want this, who are you arguing for?

I guess the reason I'm discussing it is because I have an opinion about it and the thread is open for discussion..... I'm assuming thats why the thread is still open?

I'm sorry the fact that I have an opinion on this and wish to share it bothers you so much snozzleberry.

It sounds like reading what I have to say about it is going to give you an Aneurysm, please don't engage me because I'm worried about your health.

~peace

RayOfLight
#90 Posted : 6/3/2011 3:10:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Entropymancer wrote:
As has already been noted, conspiracy theory discussions have a way of being extremely polarizing, largely on account of most involved parties having widely divergent views on what constitute the "facts" of the case and being thoroughly unwilling to budge on them. At least some of the participants also have an unhealthy zeal in approaching the topic, becoming all the more agitated when others are unconvinced or disagree with their view. Things escalate, things get ugly. That's just how conspiracy theory threads go. Since they create so much unnecessary and counterproductive disharmony, and they don't actually contribute to the subject matter of the forum, it's by far better to simply steer clear.

I understand what you're saying, that if everyone followed the attitude page there would not be much disharmony from conspiracy theory threads (as an aside, I think that if people followed the attitude guidelines, virtually no one would actually respond to conspiracy theory threads and they would simply become soapboxes for the would-be Alex Joneses and David Ickes of the internet... but that's just speculation). Unfortunately, this simply does not work in practice. Conspiracy theory threads are violently polarizing, far beyond garden-variety contentious subjects like religion.

If what you're proposing actually worked, I might be alright with it (though I really don't understand what value is added to the forum by discussing how 9/11 reptilian overlords from ancient Babylon assassinated JFK with chemtrails and will return in 2012 to harvest the pineal glands that have been calcified by fluoridated water in order to start a New World Order with Obama's fake birth certificate). But the fact is, these things create a markedly unpleasant tone in the forum regardless of how well-intentioned the members might be.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I hear what your saying, in a perfect world everyone would follow the rules but since they don't maybe banning a topic like this isn't such a bad idea.

Its just a suggestion but maybe when someone in a discussion gets out of line and starts being rude attacking someone maybe that person should be banned from this site.

I think talking about something without getting rude and sharing ideas in a respectful way is something we should all aspire to be able to do.

SWIMfriend
#91 Posted : 6/3/2011 3:32:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

RayOfLight wrote:
I think talking about something without getting rude and sharing ideas in a respectful way is something we should all aspire to be able to do.

I think (at least I HOPE) we all do aspire to that. I certainly do--especially every time I fail at it.

Laban Shrewsbury III
#92 Posted : 6/3/2011 3:57:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

RayOfLight wrote:

I hear what your saying, in a perfect world everyone would follow the rules but since they don't maybe banning a topic like this isn't such a bad idea.

Its just a suggestion but maybe when someone in a discussion gets out of line and starts being rude attacking someone maybe that person should be banned from this site.

Entropymancer is right on. Every online community maintains its own list of banned topics for the good of that community, and no amount of softly-softly, smile police bullshit will get people to behave themselves when their positions on such topics are challenged. Allowing discussion of divisive issues, and meeting resulting infractions with member bans, is a sure and effective way to see a forum go into a death spiral of acrimony and spite.
Sometimes I believe that this less material life is our truer life, and that our vain presence on the terraqueous globe is itself the secondary or merely virtual phenomenon.

PrimalWisdom
#93 Posted : 6/3/2011 7:50:42 AM

Everything the light touches

Yeah good on ya Trav.
I completely agree. Thats why I belong to a few CT forums.
Sonorous fractal manifestastions,
birthing golden vibrations,
that echo through folds of space & time,
ferry my soul closer to God

Sally
#94 Posted : 6/3/2011 5:13:23 PM

I do not have the vocabulary to articulate this particular musing at the current time...

Well, I found this magazine at a local news stand today. Sorry Trav, I couldn't resist Twisted Evil

ॐ . Amateur Entheogen Botanist. PM me if you need help in finding or identifying plants. For research purposes only . ॐ

ॐ bwrrrr bWWrrr bhrrrr bHWRRR ॐ

. Pure Universal Pulse Vibrations . Saloreo Nebulum .

SnozzleBerry
#95 Posted : 6/3/2011 5:22:12 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Laughing

That's awesome!
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

jbark
#96 Posted : 6/3/2011 5:36:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So, lemme get this straight - TRAV is Lady Gaga AND publishes a conspiracy theory rag called NEXUS? We are being used my friends!! It's a multimedia conspiracy!!

I am beginning to think there is a conspiracy here about conspiracy theories...Cool

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

Steely
#97 Posted : 6/3/2011 6:13:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Even a thread discussing Conspiracy Theories in general turns into a mess similar to the CT threads themselves.
Do not listen to anything, "Steely" says. He is a made up character that his owner likes to role play with. His owner is very delusional and everything he says is completely untrue and ridiculous.
Hate is the choice of a clouded mind.
-"It takes humility to remember who we are"-
"There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it." - Buddha

Ice House
#98 Posted : 6/3/2011 6:31:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Steely wrote:
Even a thread discussing Conspiracy Theories in general turns into a mess similar to the CT threads themselves.

You know I was thinking the same thing yesterday. This thread has been bouncing around now for OVER a year and everyone seems to be coming up with another 2cents to throw in. lol

You know what would be cool?

If this thread got locked. Now that would be a conspiracy all in itself.

The conspiracy behind why the Conspiracy Theories topic thread got locked up!

another 2 cents

ih
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

SnozzleBerry
#99 Posted : 6/3/2011 6:39:44 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Steely wrote:

Agreed; a point I made both in this and the voting thread.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

jbark
#100 Posted : 6/3/2011 7:14:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am becoming more and more convinced that there is a conspiracy at the nexus to end conspiracy theories. Just a theory, but...
Cool

JBArk the non-partisan conspirator
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

«PREV34567NEXT»