We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
cannabis sea of green help Options

jamie
#1 Posted : 11/18/2008 4:53:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

So this elf who is definatily not me is growing cannabis, just harvested 2 plants and didnt get much cus he had light a little to far away so the node spacing was too great for dense flowers to form...he now has 7 plants in veg about a week old. Question is when do you think he should start to flower, he wants to start as early as possible due to space and having 7 plants in 1 box. He has heard of 12/ 12 light cycles straightfrom seed, but decided not to try that yet. His 7 plants are from seed so understands some males will be removed allowing more space. If he changes the cycles at 2 weeks will decent top colas still be possible? He thinks strains are indica/sativa hybrids..
Long live the unwoke.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Jorkest
#2 Posted : 11/18/2008 3:32:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

make sure you top them a few times to increase your number of top buds..
it's a sound

jamie
#3 Posted : 11/18/2008 6:22:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Ya he topped and lst'd his last grow and it worked greatVery happy, probabily he will top in a day or so, and either wait 1 or 2 weeks to switch the light cycles..

He also couldnt bring himslef to kill his girls from the last grow, so he kept some fan leaves on near the bottom, and its been about 8 days now and they are beginning to regenerate growth. Should he cut the rootbulbs back so to allow for more veg growth as he doesnt think he quite has room to repot them as it is?
Long live the unwoke.

eindreizig
#4 Posted : 11/20/2008 6:49:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
Ya he topped and lst'd his last grow and it worked greatVery happy, probabily he will top in a day or so, and either wait 1 or 2 weeks to switch the light cycles..

He also couldnt bring himslef to kill his girls from the last grow, so he kept some fan leaves on near the bottom, and its been about 8 days now and they are beginning to regenerate growth. Should he cut the rootbulbs back so to allow for more veg growth as he doesnt think he quite has room to repot them as it is?

If I were you, I'd keep my plants in keg-cups (they shouldn't be in pots until they are fuller) until they are entirely root-bound. Then, I'd transplant and veg for a 3-4 weeks in 5 gallon pots. Topping should not be done so early, the plants will do much better if they are about 8 inches in height.

Regenerating plants is a tricky business. It really stresses them out, it takes a while for them to shift between cycles. Sometimes they are just liable to up and die. If I were you, I'd take one of your plants and keep it as a mom from which to cut clones off of negating the need for seed. Also, the 12/12 from seed you are referring to is a speciality strain referred to as 'Lowryder'. Btw, Sea of Green is a method of growing using many, many, small plants to increase yield instead of larger plants. If you are just growing a few, grow larger, they'll be danker and better. If one where to do SOG grow, it'd be best to do a primarily Indica strain. This is also true if one were growing several small plants in a confined space.