We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Terence Mckenna's Alchemical Dream Options

alicedee25
#1 Posted : 10/31/2008 11:36:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tomorrow, November 1st, a new film starting Terence Mckenna is going to be released. The full title is: Terence Mckenna's Alchemial Dream: The Rebirth of the Great Work. I can't wait

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxfVUbjtQg8

http://www.sacredmysteri.../AlchemicalDreamDVD.htm

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

jamie
#2 Posted : 11/14/2008 3:21:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

This is amazing, thanx for the link. Such a beautiful person I am so glad that people are continuing the work that this man started for the sake of us all. We love you Mckenna.
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#3 Posted : 11/14/2008 3:35:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

By the way, who here's read Mckenna work? Reading true hallucinations literally changed my life as I was able to put my 100 or so psilocybin experiences into perspective and gave me alot of insight onto the evolution of life on this planet, where we've been and where we may be heading. I had a rather beautiful mushroom experience yesterday, just a low dose but what i needed, and was hiking with my dog through burns bog( giant wetland in BC, Canada, basically my back yardVery happy) durring the come down and found my self reflecting on his and Dennis's theories of evolution and morphogenesis in nature being somehow governed by the harmonic vibrations of tryptamines, allowing life to key into the gaian DNA network... or something along those lines anyway. what do you guys think about all of this? Any biologists here?
Long live the unwoke.

lorax
#4 Posted : 11/14/2008 10:17:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah.. reading his books is pure enlightment. its a little repetitive sometimes. also reading the archaic revival was kind of boring for me because i knew almost all of it from listening to his audio tapes. invisible landscape is quite nice also. i love reading about his excursions to the amazon.

i also love the passage in the archaic revival where terence breaks out his pollen and the amazonian dude says its quite fuerte.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

burnt
#5 Posted : 11/14/2008 10:32:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

While I like Terrence and his brothers work, as a biologist I have to say some of their books are very misinformed. T Mckenna had ideas that mushrooms came from space which is pure nonsense, they clearly evolved here on earth and are related to everything else on earth. There is of course a chance very early humans used mushrooms or other psychs early on in their evolution but this would not give humans any genetic evolutionary changes but just an environmental advantage. Trying to claim that the vibration of tryptamines is somehow involved in massive evolutionary schemes and shifts is also a bunch of tripped out nonsense. Tryptamines are very normal compounds in nature and many of their purposes are well studied and documented.

I look forward to seeing the video though.

jamie
#6 Posted : 11/14/2008 5:24:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey thanx for the responses guys. yeah I agree that the mushrooms probabily did evolve here on earth, but I have also heard that mushroom spores are of some of the toughest organic material on earth and have the capacity to be swept out into space on strong winds, but havent been able to to find anything verifying this.. as a biologist do you know if this is possible burnt, and what of francis cricks theory of panspermia? seems possible that life could evolve to a point where it branches out finding new environments to sustain itself, seems almost inevitable on some level. Not saying I think life on earth has evolved that far though...
Long live the unwoke.

Infundibulum
#7 Posted : 11/14/2008 6:39:09 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

fractal enchantment wrote:
...but I have also heard that mushroom spores are of some of the toughest organic material on earth and have the capacity to be swept out into space on strong winds, but havent been able to to find anything verifying this...

...simply because it is untrue.

The panspermia hypothesis is a nice one even though I would assume that the inoculum for life in barren planets would be biomolecules as opposed to complete organisms. Organisms (and their dormant structures like spores cannot that easily escape earth. No wind is strong enough to provide a constant force for too long. Remember that force is a vector so by constant force I also mean constant direction of the applied force.

But in the case earth explodes or turns into dust after a meteorite collision the biological debri will scatter all over the universe. Of course, spores have limited if any chances to find a favourable (earth-like) environment to germinate, let along similar ecosystems that are often required for their survival and thriving.

But biological macromolecules is another story, they can be utilised by existing processes on alien planets to organise them in life-like forms.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

amor_fati
#8 Posted : 11/14/2008 9:19:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Few forms of matter can reach escape velocity without some sort of thrust. The only form I'm aware of that can accomplish this is hydrogen gas.

endlessness
#9 Posted : 11/15/2008 1:06:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I love listening to terrence's talks, they are great food for thought.. obviously one shouldnt take everything he says literally.. He said himself many times that people shouldnt believe anything he says, and that the most stupid thing ever would be if there was a mckenna cult, etc..

I think the best is actually the trialogues, with abraham and sheldrake.. its great when they start making fun of each other, and also when the arguments get really elaborate and intelligent

as for the mushroom thing, I think that another weak point is that he never talked about other types of mushrooms.. Why would only psylocibe mushrooms have come from outer space but not others? what about there being several types of psylocibe mushrooms.. what about amanita... and so on and so on.

jamie
#10 Posted : 11/15/2008 1:59:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah he did seem to hold stropharia cubensis above all the others... I find psilocybe cyanescens to be the strongest and my personal favorite.

I really love the trialoge on chaos mathematics with the 3 of them.

I think that the most intelligent thing anyone can do for verification on anything is to simply go out and test it for youreself
Long live the unwoke.

burnt
#11 Posted : 11/17/2008 4:15:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

^^Yes that discussion the trialogues was really cool especially because there was people with some different view points there. Unfortunately Dr. Sheldrake also goes off on limbs with his morphogenetic field theory. He needs to start finding mechanisms for that before people start taking it seriously.

jamie
#12 Posted : 11/18/2008 3:04:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have sheldrakes book morphic resonance... only read about a chapter so far cus ive also bin reading exo-psychology by learyCool.. both seem preaty enganging so far
Long live the unwoke.