We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ayahuasca: a shamanic miracle or 'crazy tea'? - 31 May 2011 Options

a1pha
#1 Posted : 5/31/2011 11:58:32 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Fairly positive article on Ayahuasca by the Independent - a UK publisher - in case anyone missed it. I suppose if celebrities are doing it, it's okay. At least it puts the brew in a positive light.

Ayahuasca: a shamanic miracle or 'crazy tea'? - 31 May 2011
The Independent
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Carrierwave
#2 Posted : 6/1/2011 12:15:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"was shown throwing up in a bucket" Must have been a bad ayahuasca trip! Haha. 8_8

BananaForeskin
#3 Posted : 6/1/2011 12:16:56 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

Yeah, could be a lot worse! Still not happy with the whole "crazy tea" bit, though, especially with it being in the title and the lead of the article. I do feel like they did a good job of portraying it as a respected medicine.
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

a1pha
#4 Posted : 6/1/2011 12:26:51 AM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Carrierwave wrote:
"was shown throwing up in a bucket" Must have been a bad ayahuasca trip! Haha. 8_8

Those are the good ones!! Laughing
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

obliguhl
#5 Posted : 6/1/2011 8:08:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
"It's not a frivolous pursuit... There's a certain amount of dread attached to taking it – you have a hallucinogenic trip that deals with death and your mortality. It's not something you're going to score and have a great time on."

Its interesting, that it is aceptable to ingest a drug, because it can throw you into a painful emotional state. What does that say about western culture?

BananaForeskin
#6 Posted : 6/1/2011 8:52:05 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

^^^

Well, it mostly says that things involving pain are acceptable. Which they are! Remember, since the merging of Judeo-Christian tradition and German militarism, enduring/causing suffering is a GOOD thing.
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

christian
#7 Posted : 6/1/2011 10:10:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:
Quote:
"It's not a frivolous pursuit... There's a certain amount of dread attached to taking it – you have a hallucinogenic trip that deals with death and your mortality. It's not something you're going to score and have a great time on."

Its interesting, that it is aceptable to ingest a drug, because it can throw you into a painful emotional state. What does that say about western culture?

-Excellent point Obli!

-Personally i believe that the catholic church is really running things in the West, through Governments..who are using the police, 9-5 work system, agriculture, television , and media to control us.

-If suffering is respected, then there MUST be a catholic church underpinning!!Laughing
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

DMTripper
#8 Posted : 6/1/2011 1:30:34 PM

John Murdoch IV

Physical suffering yes. Mental suffering no. Then it's a crazy tea and very dangerous. Crazy people are dangerous.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!