We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
marijuana death experience Options

jacetea
#1 Posted : 5/22/2011 3:30:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm not really sure where to start with this one. I rarely ever smoke marijuana so I have 0 tolerance for it whenever I use it. It's been years since I last smoked it. Last night I loaded up a joint and smoked it in the rain, lightning and all. It was actually quite beautiful.

I came inside and within probably 10 minutes I was feeling it. I was feeling very strange, similar to a mushroom trip but without the visuals. I thought I was going to have time to finish watching a star trek episode but evidently not. I turned everything off but my computer and laid down on my bed. There was very strange visuals when I closed my eyes, I don't usually get multicolored visuals with marijuana. They're usually more purple and black.

I started feeling my heart beat fast. It started normal, then doubled, then tripled and eventually it was beating so fast that it was a constant vibration in my chest. Obviously I was perfectly fine but I was convinced it was real. It felt to me as if I was dying. My lungs were burning and body felt like it was only half there.

Then it happened, it was like nothing I've ever experienced. There was just enough light in my room to show a silhouette of a poster on my wall. This became a gaping mouth and two circles appeared above it to make the eyes of a skull. Then, everything just stopped. I can't explain it better than that, everything but me had stopped. The room was in black and white (the light in my room is blue from my PC). There was just me and this massive skull in front me and time had stopped. The realization that this was death seemed to sink in pretty quick. I felt myself being dissolved into nothingness. It was a very peculiar feeling, it was as if I could feel all the atoms making up my body dissolving into nothing; free to float around the universe again. My consciousness was being removed, words that made no sense were suddenly being attributed to objects and memories that I had.

I've experienced the feeling of thinking I was dead while on DMT but this was different. This actually was death, I was even more convinced of it than with DMT. I seemed to hang between the idea of embracing the chaos and staying in this world. I'm reluctant to admit that my curiosity knows no limits, even when faced with death I tried to embrace it just experience it, to see what it really was. I suppose it wasn't the greatest idea ever but I didn't really think twice about it. After that I could see this tunnel forming in front of me. Then, as clearly as ever I saw someone's face. I don't know this man but he looked somewhat devious. The face lasted only a second and then I seemed to be thrown back into the world. Slowly, I regained myself and motor control. The next part of the experience wasn't involving death but it was interesting.

After that, I saw more open eye visuals. Something had "locked on" to my right eye, it felt like a very strong beam into my brain through my eye and my vision was filled with spinning images. Tiny circles of blue images floating around my vision. One of them zoomed in very close and then I nearly freaked out. It was an american flag that was spinning around. I'm not american, and having just experienced death I immediately thought "Shit they found me!". I had a slight chuckle at the idea that some satellite was frying my brain and showing me the american flag as a good-bye joke. It was very unpleasant but I got through it.

Overall I don't really know what to think of this. I remember taking MJ when I was in highschool and it seems like a completely different drug to me. Maybe I'm just a completely different person, who knows. Ever since I started doing psychedelics, even small amounts of MJ is enough to throw me completely off. I can't use it socially anymore because it really ruins it having other people laughing their asses off and me trying to contemplate the nature of the universe.

I suppose, for the sake of discussion...Anyone ever have vivid and life changing experiences with marijuana?
We're the new hippies, we get high on life, not drugs.
We thrive in drama, and bathe in activeness.
Fashion is a religion and vocabulary defines you.

Politicians load the gun, and celebrities fire it, killing all humankind.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

jamie
#2 Posted : 5/22/2011 4:03:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Yep, that sounds like a real cannabis trip to me. It will do that every time to me if I sit down and smoke like I used to when I smoked all day every day. Now I smoke much less frequently, have no tolerance and cannabis is a serious psychedelic. The ego death with cannabis is really something not many people talk about, or maybe they dont experience it due to tolerance. I know that the first time I really ever got stoned as well it was like that, then slowly as I smoked more and more often it stopped being a powerful psychedelic. Now it is more powerful than ever and I make sure I only take 1 hit unless I really want to go on a cannabis trip, which often I dont..I just want to get stoned and sit.

Think about all the old bohemians throughout europe that were eating hash way way back before even mescaline was discovered. Surely these people were reaching these far out states of ego loss comparable with other traditional psychedelics and it is evident in the writing.
Long live the unwoke.

Steely
#3 Posted : 5/22/2011 5:02:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had from time distortions to vivid hallucinations to kaleidoscopic patterns of rotating marijuana leaves during CEV's, but I have yet to experience the cannabis ego death.

Life changing experiences on marijuana? Not in particular, although it has helped me in many ways, it hasn't made a life changing impact (yet). Different things have different effects on different people.
Do not listen to anything, "Steely" says. He is a made up character that his owner likes to role play with. His owner is very delusional and everything he says is completely untrue and ridiculous.
Hate is the choice of a clouded mind.
-"It takes humility to remember who we are"-
"There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it." - Buddha

universecannon
#4 Posted : 5/22/2011 6:20:20 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Interesting and familiar trip Smile

Mary Jane can be a real strange lady when the dosage and tolerance hit that critical point of stonedness! The first time i got stoned was definitely one of the most mind shattering experiences of my life.. I get ego-death with it often, but that time i felt like the shock awe and terror of a jumping fish getting a first quick gasping glimpse outside of water, or reality, that i had been enmeshed in my entire life. The me i thought was me, and the reality i thought was REALITY, was just obliterated. I felt like a newborn. an alien to myself and to everything else. Time was just broken. after falling asleep it was as if my body had dissolved into an infinite of living kaleidoscopic energy for all of eternity. it was just indescribable..changed my life forever (and scared the living hell out of me too)

It can be such a mindfuck sometimes, for lack of a better word. Razz but besides the occasional paranoid delusions marijuana definitely has led me to some key life changing experiences and realizations that played a big role in shaping how i live in and see the world. And it has of course also helped me appreciate to the fullest extent the exquisite taste of various foods from all over the world Very happy Cool

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

cellux
#5 Posted : 5/22/2011 6:30:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

For me, marijuana always worked like a psychedelic drug. My only problem with it is that it doesn't force me to let go (it doesn't seem to have enough power to do so). It always brings me to a state which is just on the border between this and that. While LSD always propels me through that border during the coming-up phase (the experience of arriving to that space again, oh yeah, I remember, let's see what's in the store this time), marijuana only brings me to the entrance room and expects me to proceed alone, doing the whole separation thing myself. Which I am not too eager to do (too much fear accumulated in this part of the world, probably because of unconscious remembrance of past separation experiences).

I remember once sitting in a chair, and this tunnel opening up in front of me (with eyes closed). I got the increasing heart beat phenomenon, world speeding up, frequency rising, uh-oh, then I started to move inward the tunnel and when my fears began to really manifest in the usual metaphysical terror, I met a very vivid, flashing red STOP sign, accompanied by the sound of a siren, informing me that getting deeper now is probably not such a good idea.

If I try to get deeper when such things happen, I tend to totally exhaust my energy trying to desperately break through. Perhaps a skilled (and brave) navigator could easily get through this territory and emerge on the other side.

BananaForeskin
#6 Posted : 5/22/2011 6:31:00 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

For some reason, taking psychedelics like DMT tends to make marijuana waaay more psychedelic. I've been near to the place you described, but not all the way...
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

corpus callosum
#7 Posted : 5/22/2011 12:36:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Cannabis undoubtedly has significant psychedelic properties when eaten or by a apliff rolled with minimal or no tobacco after a period of abstinence which relates to a degree of tolerance to its effects.Thos who smoke weed most days are much less likely to access its psychedelic effects because of this tolerance.

3.5g of decent hash taken orally will give a strong psychedelic experience, but some people need alot less than this.

I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

polytrip
#8 Posted : 5/22/2011 9:37:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Cannabis is a serious psychedelic. I've had more than one of these epic experiences with it that could be called lifechanging.

The first one was actually my first psychedelic experience and it was the first time is smoked marihuana.

It was when i was 13 years old. I had made a bong from a tin can and i was terribly excited to try and explore this new world of illegal substances. After a few times inhaling i didn't feel anything initially. Then suddenly it hit me hard and i almost passed out. It was almost like a vaporised DMT-launch. I heard the most beautyfull singing voices all around me and for a few seconds i saw birds that where made out of crystals sitting in my window. From then on, i experienced everything in a stroboscopic way, including time itself.
I heard sounds echoing in my head. It was utterly amazing.

The second realy big experience with it was after i hadn't used cannabis for over two years. I ate some spacecake wich was quite strong and although at that time i already was quite experienced with psychedelic's, this was the first time in my life i actually 'saw god'.
It was extremely weird. I was listening to classical music and suddenly everything stopped making sense. It was extremely weird. I could no longer make sense out of anything untill i felt that there was some divine presence just 'making sense' out of everything for me.
It was like i was in a total vacuüm and suddenly everything was being layed out for me, like god was explaining his masterplan or something.
I also saw escher-like fractals in the corners of my eye, surrounding my visual field.

In my view, cannabis is like ibogaine, a substance with both psychedelic and dissociative effects. Both effects can be felt extremely strong. Cannabis is a major psychedelic. One of the big guys in the psychedelic pantheon, up there with substances like LSD.

I don´t feel cannabis itself is as powerfull as DMT, but JWH´s could be because you could inhale extremely large amounts in a single or just a few tokes. Vovin has had such an experience with a JWH.

The only limiting factor to the psychedelic power of cannabis, is that when taking large amounts, there´s a dose that will just knock you out and you´ll simply be uncounscious.

Ice House
#9 Posted : 5/24/2011 7:19:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

I have had some ego shattering voyages from cannabis, specifically orally ingested cannabis. I have been experiencing a whole new infinite head space that I find very enjoyable and user friendly..

Smoking weed doesnt give me the same effect. I enjoy this new found head space because I have a real easy time managing the duration and intensity with the dosage. I also like it because if I am tired of it I can simply laydown and sleep it off.

One of the very interesting things about how cannabis effects me has to do with what I call tryptamine connection. I feel that psilocybin and n,n have opened certain doors that remain, always open. When I ingest cannabis there is a cross over utilizing these open doors that is very unique. My experiences with cannabis have taken on a new life that did not exist before I had experienced hyperspace. I most also add that, IMO, salvia has also added to this experience. I find the visual experiences I have on psychedelic cannabis doses to be very similar to salvia, just not as pronounced and certainly not as dark.

I have also had a few of the NDEs due to over consumption of cannabis, its not fun ant all, in fact I have had an experience or two where I had ingested soo much and was soooo FUCKED UP that I could not sleep.

Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Metanoia
#10 Posted : 5/24/2011 7:45:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BananaForeskin wrote:
For some reason, taking psychedelics like DMT tends to make marijuana waaay more psychedelic.

Completely agree. After finding and using some of these powerful psychedelics, Cannabis has taken on a whole new quality of psychedelia.
Ice House wrote:
I have had some ego shattering voyages from cannabis, specifically orally ingested cannabis. I have been experiencing a whole new infinite head space that I find very enjoyable and user friendly..

Smoking weed doesnt give me the same effect. I enjoy this new found head space because I have a real easy time managing the duration and intensity with the dosage. I also like it because if I am tired of it I can simply laydown and sleep it off.

One of the very interesting things about how cannabis effects me has to do with what I call tryptamine connection. I feel that psilocybin and n,n have opened certain doors that remain, always open. When I ingest cannabis there is a cross over utilizing these open doors that is very unique. My experiences with cannabis have taken on a new life that did not exist before I had experienced hyperspace. I most also add that, IMO, salvia has also added to this experience. I find the visual experiences I have on psychedelic cannabis doses to be very similar to salvia, just not as pronounced and certainly not as dark.

Exactly my experience as well. I much prefer orally ingested Cannabis.

I have also noticed the connection between some Salvia visuals and those from high doses of oral Cannabis. I smoke Salvia quite often, and have for several years now, and I haven't heard anyone compare it to Cannabis apart from myself. I thought maybe I was unique, but apparently not! Smile

polytrip
#11 Posted : 5/24/2011 9:47:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Oral cannabis is definately more psychedelic than smoked cannabis.

There is one particular visual effect that i always have with large amounts of cannabis, both orally ingested as inhaled, wich is stroboscope-like vision. Some other substances also do this for me, but with cannabis and LSD this effect is the most noticeable for me.
Everything happens in flashes instead of fluidly.

Bancopuma
#12 Posted : 5/24/2011 10:06:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey I've noticed this cannabis-Salvia connection too! Only rarely, but incredibly vividly! Once I smoked a little potent cannabis on the re-entry of a mushroom experience. For some reason, the combination hurled me immediately into a VERY Salviaesque space, wasn't pleasant actually, and definitely not expected!! Very interesting though... It really had Salvia space and that weird Salvia feeling down to a tee.

polytrip
#13 Posted : 5/25/2011 9:32:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Bancopuma wrote:
Hey I've noticed this cannabis-Salvia connection too! Only rarely, but incredibly vividly! Once I smoked a little potent cannabis on the re-entry of a mushroom experience. For some reason, the combination hurled me immediately into a VERY Salviaesque space, wasn't pleasant actually, and definitely not expected!! Very interesting though... It really had Salvia space and that weird Salvia feeling down to a tee.

Besides that, some people speak of cross-tolerance between cannabis and opiates. Could there be some cannabinoid affecting the kappa opioïd-receptor?

Bancopuma
#14 Posted : 5/25/2011 9:45:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Could be the case, definitely an interesting point, who knows... On a slightly related tangent, I was amazed at how much mushrooms and MXE reminded me of Iboga. It seems to me that Iboga combines into one molecule what the psychedelic and dissociative bring to the table separately...maybe.

polytrip
#15 Posted : 5/25/2011 10:00:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Speaking of iboga. I find that cannabis has exactly that in common with iboga, although it's completely different, but it is one of the few substances that has both a psychedelic and dissociative character. I think there must be a huge synergy between iboga and cannabis. And apparently there is a tradition of combining them. I imagine that smoking cannabis during an iboga trip would be the most extreme thing one could think of.