We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First time with DMT - amazing trip but frustrating bodyload Options

Sicknote
#1 Posted : 5/19/2011 9:48:20 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi

I recently had my first experience with DMT (Changa).
I believe I've only seen a little of what this drug is capable of and I really want to delve a little deeper but Im slightly anxious about the bodyload.

Unfortunately I don't own a bong or pipe so I've been smoking the Changa in a joint.
I pack about 150mg in to a rollie sized joint but pack the spice in to the end so that only about an inch of the rollie is changa. Its a crude method and the smoke is pretty harsh but it means I can smoke the full 150mg in 3 or 4 inhalations.

The first couple of times I smoked it, I was sitting in the garden and just really enjoyed watching the tree's swirl and sparkle. The brickwork of my house started to create some incredible patterns and change colour. It was awesome.
The problem is that I never truly enjoy the trip cos the body load stops me from relaxing. My body feels like it weighs a ton and I get an uncomfortable tingling sensation all over that detracts from my enjoyment of the trip. Unfortunately I get this with most psychedelics but it seems more noticeable with DMT.

The next time I tripped I decided to lay on my sofa in the hope that the more relaxed setting/position would help with the body load. It did, a bit. Its amazing how insane an artexed ceiling can be!!! Still couldn't enjoy it fully tho cos of the tingling all over.

I have already had a couple of bits of advice about things that can help with bodyload from the guys over at the shroomery (Nexus was down). Ginkgo Biloba extract... curious to know if anyone else has experience of using this to help with body load.

I really want to increase the dose and break through but I'm reluctant to because I'm anxious about the bodyload.

I also have some yellowish crystals and I'm planning on making 'a machine' to smoke them. Can anyone tell me if a crystal trips are different to changa trips and in what way.

Thanks

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

BananaForeskin
#2 Posted : 5/19/2011 5:35:50 PM

I Eat Plant Magic

In my experience, the bodyload is the assembling of energy leading up to a breakthrough. The reason it is uncomfortable is because without the breakthrough, that energy has nowhere to go... it circulates around inside you, and eventually dissipates. You should get a pipe of some sort, as you could get a lot more out of 150mg of changa! There are many places online or in the world where you can get a cheap bong for little monies, and you will be able to go farther with this.

Also, it could be partially because of the amount of harmalas in your changa. If you have particularly potent caapi leaves, that could contribute to the body high you speak of. It shouldn't be the only factor, by any means... the caapi is probably helping you to have such pleasant sub-breakthrough experiences in the first place. Definitely try freebase with the machine. Heck, try changa with the machine! Good luck!
¤ø¸โ€žø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸โ€žø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸โ€žø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

Orion
#3 Posted : 5/19/2011 10:09:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice theory Banana, I often think the same.

I remember one time when I had not vaped enough spice, I was expecting to go to hyperspace, but all I got was a pounding in my chest and that awkward agitated feeling. Thankfully it's not scary, but it's distracting. It's like an annoying animal scurrying around my being. Best way I can describe it.

Oddly though, this feeling never even starts when I vape a good amount, it's only with low doses.
One more thing, it kind of feels the same as the mushroom body load for me, that tingling electricity, but less fun and more out of place.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

JackCastle
#4 Posted : 5/20/2011 4:04:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have to agree with banana. There were certain times during dmt trips I have this amazing energy building up and shooting at of my head activating my crown chakra and when I dont breakthrough It feels like the energy is reaching to the top of my head and not breaking out its a strange feeling , it feels as if just a little nudge and I would break out of my body and explore the trip I didn't even recognize it at first until I didn't break through, it just felt like my the energy was being blocked.