We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
need help with Sticky mesc (limonene and vinegar tek.) Options

georgescanlan
#1 Posted : 5/19/2011 8:22:13 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok so first off I want to thank everyone on here for their help, I have just finished my first extraction and have pulled 950mg mesc from 100g dried San Pedro! pretty excited about that.
Only problem, it is seriously sticky, I dont really want to wash it because I want to keep all the plant alkaloids!
Any help would be great. I was thinking dissolve in water and drink with coffee!

Second I am now starting the BLAB dmt extraction, but I am leaving for a week. I have left the Mimosa in vinegar, will that be fine to just sit for a while?

Thank so much

George

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 5/19/2011 10:27:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What did you salt the solvent with to get your mesc salt?

You could redissolve in a bit of water (or whatever) and drink, yeah, but know that it will taste very bad. Another option is washing but keeping the solvent you wash it with and evapping it separately so that you dont lose any alkaloids (but then probably the evapped wash will be very sticky so youre back to square 1 about it)

As for BLAB, no problem leaving in vinegar for a week, the most that can happen is that it ferments a little bit (forming alcohol) but I dont think it would so quick. Just open up the container and maybe warm it up to evaporate the alcohol if it has fermented, otherwise just proceed as normal

By the way, please use the thread title to say what the content of the thread is, otherwise we have to click to know, and this makes it a self-centered thread, making it impossible to help others that might search the forum and thread titles for the same question as you have. Smile

georgescanlan
#3 Posted : 5/19/2011 10:56:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks so much for the help. Is that title better?
don't want to sound terribly useless, but- salt? I used 69ron's limonene and vinegar tek, followed to the letter. I hope!
I'll give drinking it a go, I doubt its going to be as bad as drinking liters of boiled cactus juice (the reason I have done this tek in the first place.)
Thanks again

endlessness
#4 Posted : 5/19/2011 12:11:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salting is the part of the process when your freebase alkaloid is in your non-polar solvent, and you mix with an acidic solution so that your alkaloid will change to a salt form and move to the acidic solution layer (in your case, vinegar is what you salt with, and the mescaline will be in the form of acetate salt).

Yeah I guess it wont be as bad as drinking liters of cactus juice, hence why better dissolve in small amount of liquid Smile

Good luck and let us know how it goes (and yeah title now seems just fine , thanks Smile )