We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Question about storing MHRB powder Options

EZ4U2Shoot
#1 Posted : 11/13/2008 5:19:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just have a simple question. Will the DMT be preserved if you put MHRB powder in the freezer? And if so, how long should it be good for?

I have moved and currently have about 3/4 lb of MHRB powder in the freezer and won't get a chance to extract it until Spring. I would like to do it right now, but circumstances just don't allow it. Does anyone know the answer to this question?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

acolon_5
#2 Posted : 11/13/2008 2:23:23 PM

The Great Namah

Vacuum seal it if you can, but in the freezer the bark should last quite a long time.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

EZ4U2Shoot
#3 Posted : 11/14/2008 2:35:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5 wrote:
Vacuum seal it if you can, but in the freezer the bark should last quite a long time.

What do you figure is a "long" time (without any significant loss of potency and quality of end product)? 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, 2 years?

acolon_5
#4 Posted : 11/14/2008 3:22:45 PM

The Great Namah

It lasts years and years if it has not been powdered, but powdered bark does loose potency much quicker. I can't give you a date, but you should only have minimal losses if you use it within a few months (stored in the freezer).

For long term storage whole bark is best.

Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it is better to extract and store the extract in good conditions (no moisture, no oxygen, low temperature) than trying to store powdered bark for long periods of time.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Infundibulum
#5 Posted : 11/14/2008 3:48:40 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

You're totally right. SWIM's FOAF extracted some quantity from a batch once, and the rest was forgotten in the fridge for 2 years. When the rest of the batch was extracted the % yield was virtually identical.

This was whole bark just snapped to chips to make it take less space. No powder.

Maybe storing dmt's fumarate salt in the freezer would give it an equally large half life?

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!