We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
hallo! Options

lontana da verita
#1 Posted : 5/17/2011 9:26:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone!

I am a college student in my 20's and I've been "lurking" at the nexus so to speak for a few months now, and I decided I wanted to become more involved (the forum is great, and the artwork is fantastic!). The community here seems like the best I've ever seen and I feel like I share many attitudes and beliefs with many of the people here. I've always been interested as long as i can remember in the mysteries of consciousness and the soul (NDE's, OBE's, mystical experiences, telepathy, precognition, psychokinesis Ghosts/paranormal entities, other worlds, I could go on on and on...). I have also been interested in directly experiencing such phenomena myself because reading about these amazing things just doesn't suffice for me anymore.

A couple years ago, I had very profound existential crisis which, along with social/economic factors, in turn triggered a deep depression. I have been "adrift" for a couple years now. I have been searching for some way to revive my spirituality and help with my depression. For better or worse, I have not one bit of trust in anti-depressants or psychologists/psychiatrists. A few months ago, I stumbled across information on DMT, which was something I've never heard of, and neither had almost everyone I know including some heavy drug users.

SWIM was intrigued, but SWIM had hardly used drugs outside of marijuana and alcohol on a couple occasion and did not know anyone who could get some, until a friend of hers managed to get what she was told is Ayahuasca. Her first trip involved deep introspection, what she would call enhanced imaginings, euphoria and a loss of time perception, but connection to the physical world was not broken and visuals were not vivid at all. The second time she tried it she was forced to run an errand with a friend, driving right after ingestion, and ended up tripping the car ride back, which she found extremely unpleasant. After she got back her trip started focusing on a possible reincarnational episode involving vague visual and emotional details of the life of a Swedish peasant women near Gothenburg in the 1600 or 1700's. SWIM continues to be intrigued by the powers of DMT to help get her life back on track and reinvigorate her. She want to experience more of the healing and enlightenment it has to offer.

I'm very excited about seeing what this forum has to offer as well.
Everything I post is complete fiction. Any similarities to real events or people is entirely coincidence.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

kyrolima
#2 Posted : 5/17/2011 10:04:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi lontana de verita,
interesting experience, i like your writing-style. With DMT you have a strong ally. It will show you everything at the right time.

What I found most important regarding curing the dark aspects of our being is to simply be aware of everything. Of what's inside of ourselves.
When you watch and be aware of yourself and what you think and feel, many things gonna change automatically.

Problems do not necessarily need a logical solution - you just have to shift your awareness -
how does it work?

Find out Pleased

I wish you a joyful experience and much love.
I'm glad to have you onboard.

Kind regards
Kyro lima
elusive illusion

joedirt
#3 Posted : 5/17/2011 11:20:12 PM

Not I

lontana da verita wrote:
Hello everyone!

I am a college student in my 20's and I've been "lurking" at the nexus so to speak for a few months now, and I decided I wanted to become more involved (the forum is great, and the artwork is fantastic!). The community here seems like the best I've ever seen and I feel like I share many attitudes and beliefs with many of the people here. I've always been interested as long as i can remember in the mysteries of consciousness and the soul (NDE's, OBE's, mystical experiences, telepathy, precognition, psychokinesis Ghosts/paranormal entities, other worlds, I could go on on and on...). I have also been interested in directly experiencing such phenomena myself because reading about these amazing things just doesn't suffice for me anymore.

A couple years ago, I had very profound existential crisis which, along with social/economic factors, in turn triggered a deep depression. I have been "adrift" for a couple years now. I have been searching for some way to revive my spirituality and help with my depression. For better or worse, I have not one bit of trust in anti-depressants or psychologists/psychiatrists. A few months ago, I stumbled across information on DMT, which was something I've never heard of, and neither had almost everyone I know including some heavy drug users.

SWIM was intrigued, but SWIM had hardly used drugs outside of marijuana and alcohol on a couple occasion and did not know anyone who could get some, until a friend of hers managed to get what she was told is Ayahuasca. Her first trip involved deep introspection, what she would call enhanced imaginings, euphoria and a loss of time perception, but connection to the physical world was not broken and visuals were not vivid at all. The second time she tried it she was forced to run an errand with a friend, driving right after ingestion, and ended up tripping the car ride back, which she found extremely unpleasant. After she got back her trip started focusing on a possible reincarnational episode involving vague visual and emotional details of the life of a Swedish peasant women near Gothenburg in the 1600 or 1700's. SWIM continues to be intrigued by the powers of DMT to help get her life back on track and reinvigorate her. She want to experience more of the healing and enlightenment it has to offer.

I'm very excited about seeing what this forum has to offer as well.

It sounds like you have been going through some tough times. Drugs like DMT and Psilocybin mushrooms can often provide an uplifting insight. However I personally feel it's best to combine this sort of therapy with meditation and focus on the underlying causes of depression. Ultimately drugs may help, but if our thought patterns that led to the depression aren't checked then we just end up back in the same place.

With that said, personally I think Mushrooms are my favorite ally for depression. I get a mood enhancement from them that usually last for a couple of day's afterwards. Usually on the tail end of a trip I will start getting motivation to start something that I've been putting of, or to make a life change. Essentially they help catalyze change in my life which keeps depression at bay. However they won't do the work for you....

The other benefit is that most people can find mushrooms even when others haven't even heard of DMT. Smile
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

Enoon
#4 Posted : 5/18/2011 9:42:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

joedirt wrote:

The other benefit is that most people can find mushrooms even when others haven't even heard of DMT. Smile

... or grow them Very happy

I have mixed feelings about mushrooms for depressions now a days. I've had one very successful incident involving mushrooms and depressions and I've had two rather opposite experiences that were horrifying and painful. While these two hard experiences have led to more positivity, I don't know if they would have, had I not been as experienced as I am.

I've had great success with lsd for working through personal issues too; for inspiration and understanding of what-needs-to-be-done, as well as with pharmahuasca. I think a lot depends on how you direct your attention before and during the experience, how you prepare for it etc, but of course that's not everything and in no ways a guarantee you will be able to address what you believe is the central issue.

I agree with joedirt that combining working with psychedelics with some non-psychedelic practice is essential. Using a journal, practising meditation or yoga, changing your diet, changing your habits etc. can all help produce the change you need to become what you feel your being should be...

that being said, welcome to the nexus. For you and your journey I wish you only the best.

much love
Enoon
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction