We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV891011NEXT
Is the stylistic aesthetic of DMT world the same for everyone? Options

joedirt
#181 Posted : 5/17/2011 11:06:47 PM

Not I

Enoon wrote:
It's different for me almost every time... last time I saw a butterfly from the side, vibrating/fluttering in very strong orange, yellow, red and black tones, its vibrations spreading in colors around it filling my vision, my body...
Other times I see funnels and fractals, blimp-like entities, platonic solids, Egyptian hieroglyphs, neon-colored bacterial mold, anemones, white light with subtle structures, fish, green-black demons, bands of color and patterns coming out of strange shapes I can't explain, and humans.

You guys don't really see the same kind of thing every time, do you?

I bet it has everything to do with eye's open vs eye's closed.

With eye's closed I do get fairly repeatable experiences as far as the fractal part goes...the visions are obviously different for every experience.

With eye's open...there is so much other stimulus that is being factored in that it seems unlikely to be similar to previous trips unless you did it in the same place with the same lighting...

Just a guess thought.
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

gibran2
#182 Posted : 5/17/2011 11:27:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

joedirt wrote:
I bet it has everything to do with eye's open vs eye's closed.

With eye's closed I do get fairly repeatable experiences as far as the fractal part goes...the visions are obviously different for every experience.

With eye's open...there is so much other stimulus that is being factored in that it seems unlikely to be similar to previous trips unless you did it in the same place with the same lighting...

Just a guess thought.

I always have my eyes closed during experiences, yet there’s a surprising amount of variability.

The DMT “realm”, hyperspace, whatever you want to call it, and regardless of whether it’s “internal” or “external”, is a vast territory. It seems to me that some people are transported to different regions almost every time, and others often spend their time in the same “place” over and over again. Why it is this way is a mystery to me.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

polytrip
#183 Posted : 5/18/2011 12:44:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
You may see different things each time, but the way in wich you see them is mostly the same everytime.

Things like the hyperspace lexicon show that there are basic features of the DMT experience that virtually anybody who uses DMT has.

Besides that, i've taken psychedelic's with people and when we where talking about the experience, it always seemed that we shared much of the same experiences.

Maybe, within the same room, you influence eachother. But still.

gibran2
#184 Posted : 5/18/2011 1:10:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:
You may see different things each time, but the way in wich you see them is mostly the same everytime.

Things like the hyperspace lexicon show that there are basic features of the DMT experience that virtually anybody who uses DMT has.

Besides that, i've taken psychedelic's with people and when we where talking about the experience, it always seemed that we shared much of the same experiences.

Maybe, within the same room, you influence eachother. But still.

I don’t agree. That hasn’t been my experience.

The visual aspects of many of my DMT experiences is hard to convey, but I’ll try to give some examples. The moments immediately before a breakthrough illustrate the variability I experience:

I never really understood why people describe the visual(s) leading up to a breakthrough as a “chrysanthemum”, because (until recently – I’ll get to that) my pre-breakthrough visuals never look anything like a flower.

Usually, my entire visual field is filled with “something” that resembles a cloud or billowing smoke (in 3D). The surface is much more colorful and extremely detailed, but the overall “texture” is that of smoke (as I’ve previously posted in this thread). As the smoke approaches, I’m able to resolve finer and finer detail. Within a minute or so, the “cloud” reaches me and passes through me. Several things can happen when it passes through, but once it has passed through me, I’m on the “other side”.

Occasionally, the pre-breakthrough visuals resemble 3D “intersecting crystalline spheres”. They also, approach and pass through me in a similar manner.

Sometimes the pre-breakthrough visuals are almost non-existent and have a “zig-zag” static-like quality to them (2D). There is no forward movement, no “passing through”, etc. It’s more like a “fading-in” to hyperspace.

Recently, I had pre-breakthrough visuals that (I think) resembled the classic “chrysanthemum”. My entire field of vision was filled with an incredibly beautiful, kaleidoscopic 3D, geometric pattern. It was what I imagine is often described, but something I had never before experienced.

Now all these varieties of breakthrough are similar in a very general sense: something happens, that something is often visual, and then breakthrough occurs. But looking at the specifics, there’s quite a bit of variability: almost non-visual to intensely colorful and visually detailed, amorphous “clouds” to very regular geometry, movement forward vs. no movement at all, 2D vs. 3D, a sensed intelligent “presence” in the formations or not, etc.

And that’s just the variety in the moments prior to breakthrough. After breakthrough, the variety increases substantially.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

ewok
#185 Posted : 5/18/2011 1:11:44 AM

Being that its so alien well for me anyway its finding words to match what I experience that's tricky, I defiantly repeat trips meet the same entities but other times its purely random as to what I experience and these are the ones I find most powerful or influential on me, because there's no theme its hard to find words for. When I have repeated experiences it becomes easier to word or categorize the trip. The only one constant is the mechanical interaction of the aspects of the world.

I do believe though that the stylistic aesthetics of the DMT world is very very similar for everyone, colors may change, people meet different entities see different objects, but I'm sure the building blocks of it are common and that its more the interpretation that alters the experience for the individual.
Black then white are all I see in my infancy.
Red and yellow then came to be,
reaching out to me, lets me see.
There is so much more and it beckons me to look though to these,
infinite possibilities.
As below so above and beyond I imagine,
drawn outside the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

polytrip
#186 Posted : 5/18/2011 2:24:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ewok wrote:
I do believe though that the stylistic aesthetics of the DMT world is very very similar for everyone, colors may change, people meet different entities see different objects, but I'm sure the building blocks of it are common and that its more the interpretation that alters the experience for the individual.

You're almost saying exactly what i wanted to say. I also believe these building blocks are the same, and that classic hallucinogens like DMT all use the same category of building blocks.

A substance like ibogaine uses these building blocks as well, but also totally different ones. You definately would be able to distinguish a DMT breakthrough from an ibogaine breakthrough.

I know what you mean, gibran2, but i think that both flowers as this smoke you describe would have some basic underlying features in common.

I think most people would experience DMT visuals as very bright (like they're made of pure light) and with a fractal like character, both geometrically as mechanically. I also think most people would describe DMT visuals as not very realistic, but at least as detailed as 'real' images, and maybe even more detailed. And i could go on like that, and my guess is that the more features i would describe, the more some of those basic building blocks would become apparent.

ragabr
#187 Posted : 5/18/2011 2:59:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:
I think most people would experience DMT visuals as very bright (like they're made of pure light) and with a fractal like character, both geometrically as mechanically. I also think most people would describe DMT visuals as not very realistic, but at least as detailed as 'real' images, and maybe even more detailed. And i could go on like that, and my guess is that the more features i would describe, the more some of those basic building blocks would become apparent.

Most of these descriptions do not fit SWIM's experience at all.

Changa journeys in particular are very dark for her, in no way bright or like pure light.

Fractal visions happen very, very rarely for her after transition to breakthrough (the traditional chrysanthemum). Most of her visuals are photorealistic.

Edit: Included under photorealistic are cartoon-like characters/environments.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

gibran2
#188 Posted : 5/18/2011 3:06:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:
A substance like ibogaine uses these building blocks as well, but also totally different ones. You definately would be able to distinguish a DMT breakthrough from an ibogaine breakthrough.

I know what you mean, gibran2, but i think that both flowers as this smoke you describe would have some basic underlying features in common.

I would agree that it’s generally possible to distinguish a DMT breakthrough from, for example, a salvia breakthrough, so in that sense there is a common “feel” to all DMT experiences. But the visuals can vary quite a bit – not just in content but also in quality.

DMT visuals for me are almost never “very bright (like they're made of pure light)”. And I’m not quite sure what you mean when you say that “most people would describe DMT visuals as not very realistic”. In my experience, they are often extremely realistic. And although I’ve had experiences where many visual elements had a “fractal” quality to them, more often than not there is no fractal quality at all.

I think the fact that we can debate this shows that not everyone experiences DMT in the same way. Smile

@ ragabr - I agree about the photorealistic aspect, although I've never encountered cartoon-like elements. The entities and environments I encounter are almost always very convincingly real in appearance.

soulfood
#189 Posted : 5/18/2011 3:20:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I've had kaleidoscopic visuals from DMT, but also I've had visions of sitting outside by a fountain on the lawn...

takes all kinds Smile

ewok
#190 Posted : 5/18/2011 3:56:23 AM

I think of it like a tree is a tree, now there are many types of trees, they come in different shapes colors size texture leaves etc the list is endless. Yet they all start or are founded on the same building blocks of what makes a tree a tree. If I had only ever seen one tree and someone else had only ever seen a different tree and we tried to explain what we had seen we could say something completely different and it would appear we where talking about something else yet we would both be describing trees.

I'm sure you can also apply this to the dmt realm. The final picture won't necessarily be a true portrait of what makes this realm the way it is. But does it all start with the same base or root system that makes it what it is. I believe so and more than looking at do we see the same things I think a better approach is to look at the basic building blocks. Everything starts somewhere and to understand it the best I think the start is the best place to look.

Black then white are all I see in my infancy.
Red and yellow then came to be,
reaching out to me, lets me see.
There is so much more and it beckons me to look though to these,
infinite possibilities.
As below so above and beyond I imagine,
drawn outside the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

zubidlo
#191 Posted : 5/18/2011 6:54:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi,

My experiences are always very colorful, sharp, changing. I hear the frequency of DMT realm which changes the flow of time. Experiences are usually meaningful featuring joker like entities showing me attractions like roller coaster and merry-go-around in alien amusement park. Or wast cupola domes dedicated to strange gods where creation of something odd is taking place in front of me. Straight DMT has always that cold alien feeling for me like I shouldn't dare, probably because of it's starting intensity.
Show usually finish by subtly vanishing into reality as the frequency quiets down. Or collapsing into center of my eye like genie being sucked back into lamp.
And I'm sad it's goneSad

Regards.
zubidlo attached the following image(s):
visuals.jpg (124kb) downloaded 447 time(s).
'Life is an illusion designed to keep your mind occupied while you are digested by God.'

polytrip
#192 Posted : 5/18/2011 3:26:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ragabr wrote:

Edit: Included under photorealistic are cartoon-like characters/environments.

That's what i meant. As sharp and detailed as reality, but obviously not realistic.

obliguhl
#193 Posted : 8/8/2011 8:42:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness
#194 Posted : 8/8/2011 8:48:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That def rings a bell! Where is that from obli?

۩
#195 Posted : 8/8/2011 8:51:01 PM

obliguhl
#196 Posted : 8/8/2011 8:51:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's from a beautiful animated short film my best friend showed me. I will have ask her about it as i forgot the name Shocked

I told her to send me a screenshot of it many months ago, but never got around posting it. I was certain it would be appreciated and I'm glad Smile
OH AND HouSE ABSOLUTELY!! I get these colors all the time!! Especially the pink and white!

#197 Posted : 8/8/2011 9:18:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Outstanding pictures ۩, these reminds me of the visions I ofen have. I see patterns like this that fold in and out of themselves like smooth cogs. Sometimes, as I am coming back, segments of the folding images contain interlaced 2D pictures from "everyday" reality of things I have recently seen.
Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

tele
#198 Posted : 8/28/2011 1:19:38 PM
Explorer

Whoa Luke Brown has some awesome art:
http://www.spectraleyes....temId=6136&g2_page=1

Orion
#199 Posted : 8/28/2011 5:01:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You're still all bloody miles away Pleased
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

obliguhl
#200 Posted : 8/29/2011 10:45:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
That def rings a bell! Where is that from obli?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqi5ol2TjKI

The pearce sisters Smile

«PREV891011NEXT