We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hello ▲ Options

d-T-r
#1 Posted : 5/17/2011 3:44:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi.

Not had to do this before but i guess for a place like this it can kind of make sense and be a good way of formally introducing yourself.

Not sure what to say or elaborate on really. I'm essentially just a curious mind.

i've experimented with various psychedelics in the past and the 'knowledge' ,experiences and insights i've gained from them have been a key factor in the shaping and un-shaping of what one might refer to as the mind/soul/spirit.

I treat each 'influenced' experience as a potential spring-board into a free-er potential for true self reflection, and introspection . and with this attitude, i feel it helps keep myself humble ,motivated and on the right 'path' in terms of increasing the range of absorb-able and transmittable frequencies of my brain,body,mind and 'spirit' [insert prefered word here ]

Natural progression has lead me to both to dmt,changa and ultimately here, a place i hope that i'll be able to learn from, and contribute my ideas,thoughts and opinions to.

I also do some 'trippy art' which some people might enjoy at some point.

so yeah thats about it. quite an exxagerated first post but quite therapeutic almost Smile

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Enoon
#2 Posted : 5/17/2011 4:43:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

Hi d-T-r,

welcome to dmt-nexia Smile
I'd love to see some of your art!!

I agree that psychedelics can be very influential in our development. I was wondering about your carefulness with the word 'spirit'. I suppose it's a badly defined word that often evokes some kind of esoteric associations. But in general I don't see much of a problem with using this word. We use things like *inspiring* and don't find that strange either. The question I guess is, what do we mean by it? I think mainly spirit always implies something that is beyond us or additional to the material manifestation of our selves - whether it is something that we strive for or a synergetic-energy-vibration that a reductionistic view can't account for...

anyway you probably didn't want to get into this kind of a discussion...
have you also tried oral dmt or aya?

cheers & love
Enoon
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

d-T-r
#3 Posted : 5/17/2011 5:36:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Smile

I use words like 'spirit' carefully as these sort of words are all understood subjectively and like you say, some words have way too many associations attached to them which can sometimes distract from seeing the true ineffable nature of such things.

But i guess if im kicking it in a place like this, i wont need to have any reservations about using words like that as im sure many of us have first experience with attempting to at least understand the true nature of spirit or any type of universal life force.

And yes i agree, everything stems down to vibration and frequencies.

The view of 'spirit' will vary between peoples experiences of cultivating either a permanent, or at least a temporary vibrational-vantage-point.

I tried it once but i wasn't planning to and the harshness of the smoke caught me off guard so i didnt get much from it.
swim had a very brief but intense changa experience in a bong once but then didn't encounter any for a while after that.

Swim had some more changa a few weeks ago with a bong and had more of a breakthrough experience but it still felt as though it was under the potential threshold. Swim also plans to try some spice in the very near immediate future.

Not tried Aya. I would love to but i have a lot of respect for it and would only want to try it in a way as authentically close to an actual ceremony as possible...even if this was a solo ceremony out in the wild somewhere.

I understand changa is pretty much an evolutionary branch of aya but it seems from what i've learned, changa has more of a portable range of places for use. but i guess that's mainly because of the time duration.

you can view some of my 'art' here on the illustrations page:

www.diondion.co.uk

or here : http://dtr313.deviantart.com/

scooby
#4 Posted : 5/17/2011 6:04:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

very nice artwork!
Anything I say on this forum is pure fiction. Nothing I say is true please don't take me seriously.

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today."

Enoon
#5 Posted : 5/17/2011 6:26:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

nice work! I dig it! thanks for sharing!
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

a1pha
#6 Posted : 5/17/2011 6:32:49 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Nice work indeed - Welcome!

Very happy
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

d-T-r
#7 Posted : 5/17/2011 6:37:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks... for both the warm welcome and appreciation Smile