We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Visual vs Sight? Options

DoctorMantus
#1 Posted : 5/17/2011 12:32:33 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

The question that i have is if you were to take say two people, one with 20 20 vision, and the other maybe 14 14, now what i am curious to know is that i have poor vision, and wonder if this would effect the clearness of closed eye visuals, like is the guy with 20 20 seeing things that my vision cant?
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

curious sigma one
#2 Posted : 5/17/2011 1:10:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is a great question!

I feel I may be able to answer this to an extent.

My psychedelic partner and I fit the description, he the 20 20 vision and me the poorer 14 14 vision. I feel it vital to mention that he is an advanced musician (plays drums, guitar, bass, synth, keys, flute, vocals), so there is something to account for in his information processing speed, sound and visual. I am too a musician although less advanced (flute, drums and vocals, minimum bass). He reports to have perfect, clear vision, can see far and near, with great acuity and color. I, on the other hand cannot see far ahead of me, I can see fine with out my glasses while reading and within 10 feet, but other than that it's all blurry for me.

From my experience, my close eyed visuals have been anywhere from super potent (dmt oriented while on mushrooms) to simple bursts out of a black background. I should also note that while on psilocin, after the coming up period (before I step out of my womb of a blanket and adventure outside to discover nature's secrets) I greet the outside world with noticeably different color vision, it is extremely enhanced, I seem to believe its a permanent effect, open-eyed.

Most of my experiences are with psilocin extract goo.

To give you an important time frame: I first experimented with psilocin summer 2010 perhaps june. The first few excursions weren't mediated by many visuals.

On one occasion, the potency of the psilocin was very strong and I began having a very intense close eyed visual, it was very psilocybian but very colorful and real, it was a full-on painted scenic imagination.

On other occasions I would drift off into a type of matrix and meet with this being (amongst others) above the stars and matrix and then view some omnipotent being/force opposing another invisible force. To say the least, the visual was very vague, in that there was more darkness than clear up-close personal scenic imagery, it was like a blurb of grey/white "color" being surrounded by space. So, in comparing to the experience first listed, it would have been less "clear"

Other excursions led me to very vague visuals (on less than 1 gram of extract, more than 1 gram always gave me great visual results). These visuals can be described as follows: Thinking of love, seeing the word love close-eyed and the word lights up with red vibrance and forms a heart around. Clearly, this isn't too much of an expanded visuals.

Coming from a "poor" sighted person, I believe that my visuals are different from those with better vision. I believe there is an association with processing speed by the afferent and efferent neurons/ganglia, if you are physically impaired somehow within the eye/muscle/nerve then you will more slowly send incoming information to the brain to be processed. If you think faster than you receive visual information it is likely you will miss important received points by anticipating. In turn, your attention is at a deficit. Once the actual information is received and processed, the output visual information that you actually "see" is very different from what a 20 20 person will see.

In all, it is a disorder within the brain/mind that needs to be fixed. I believe the answer lies within sounds oscillations, and the problem can be synced up by learning and utilizing creative centers in the brain. There is something that is causing you (me) to process light slowly, after seeing this other "guy" experience high frequency/intensity glossolalia and extremely detailed visuals, I am personally convinced that his visuals are extremely different than mine.

Sound/music is very important.

Regarding the "clearness", I guess the word to use would be "more developed", I have a feeling those with better vision and better brain organization and communication---by genes, environment who knows. My psychedelic partner is very musically creative, the more creative with reality you are the more you will see.

I still have yet to try ayahuasca and get the feeling that it might clear up my vision, any comments?

Felnik
#3 Posted : 5/17/2011 1:43:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think it would be important to distinguish the type of visual impairment a person has. For example, I have a damaged retina from an accident when i was a teenager.
My eyesight is almost useless in my left eye. Now I don't see how this would effect closed eye visuals. The retina is used to process external visual input.
I've never felt my visuals closed or open to be lacking in anything actually. Perhaps i've adapted to some kind of diminished sharpness of distant detail . I'm not sure.

I think it depends on where you think the visual input is coming from correct?
IT seems to me that in a deep breakthrough type experience in silent darkness the eyes are not really in play at all. The visual stimuli is coming from a more internal place and bypassing the physical eyes altogethor.

I believe the answer to the question of : Are two people seeing different sharpness of visuals ? is yes, true. I think the differences are more biochemical related than actual physical eye structure related. Unless, like was mentioned, its a speed of processing issue envolving a deeper level of visual mechanics.

I was reading someplace that people blind from birth do not dream in color or in visuals only in sound and emotions.

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

Ellis D'Empty
#4 Posted : 5/17/2011 3:41:03 AM

Snirfneblin

I have something like 24/25 vision... The visuals I see are very clear. You have to understand, that what you see is just electrical impulses in your brain, not the things in front of you, you don't actually see this text. You see the electrical signals that your retina turns this text into, which is then shot to the back of your brain which is in full complete darkness.

I don't use my "eyes" while CEV's are taking place, and I see EXTREMELY well during some slower moving trips, the faster ones I see fine as well, it's just its so fast I can't pick out each individual part.
With OEV's I see them fine as well too... I don't know if what I see is what you see, as there is no clear way to tell that. But is what we are seeing electrical impulses to the brain? Or something different?

I can't read the poster on my wall which is 10 feet away... but when I trip and theres a pattern on that very same wall I can see it, no matter how small or detailed, in its entirety, and I still can't read the poster behind it.
01:13:08 ‹Ellis DEmpty› I met the people living in my head... I disturbed them while they were sitting down at the table.... They were as shocked as I was!

We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and to late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross.

soulfood
#5 Posted : 5/17/2011 4:30:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

My brother wears glasses and after smoking DMT without them, he commented that it perfected his vision.

Also in my experience, after consuming mushrooms the world looks near airbrushed in its perfection.