We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : Is there something special in how you feel/think about growing entheogens?
Choice Votes Statistics
yes 34 94 %
no 2 5 %

[Poll] Is there something special in how you feel/think about growing entheogens? Options

Enoon
#1 Posted : 4/14/2011 8:19:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

Ok so here's the question: When you are growing them, be it fungi or spirit plants, do you feel like it is somehow different from growing non-entheogens?
Do you have a different inner relationship or attitude towards them?

I'm not asking about telepathic communications or whether the effects of these entheogens when you try them is different, but just the every-day feel you have towards them. Is it special or is it the same for all living things for you?

thanks for participating!
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

MMPA
#2 Posted : 4/14/2011 9:59:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's a different thing towards entheogenic plants. I do care for all of my plants but the entheogenic ones are the ones that you try to take care of with more....

It's easier to explain as if it were a friend.
All of my plants are my friends but the entheogenic ones are like those secret friends that your parents didn't want you hanging around when you were younger, so you had to go behind their backs and meet that friend. Because that friend was off-limits, it made your bond with that friend THAT much stronger.

Your other friends aren't off-limits and although they are still great friends, they just don't have that feeling of secret friendship that gets you warm and fuzzy inside.

If that makes sense.

teotenakeltje
#3 Posted : 4/14/2011 10:16:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes.

I could enjoy growing entheogens without even taking them. Just knowing that this particular plant has this immense power to change our everyday perception of life and to heal us is already very satisfying to me. How can you not look at them differently?
There's also this part of me that just thinks it's cool...let's say that's the little rebel boy inside of me Smile But off course i have the upmost respect for the my mushrooms and my cacti...
I do care for all the plants in my house, but since i have entheogens around, I must admit I've kinda neglected the other plants. Sorry Benjamin Ficus...Pleased

Ice House
#4 Posted : 4/14/2011 10:43:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

I feel its my duty to cultivate the portals I access. I do that as much as possible. I feel a symbiotic relationship develope between me and whatever I grow, ie cactus, fungi, sally D mary jane, etc I have established a wonderful root system, I feel well gounded in my aproach to hyperspace.

life is grand.

ih
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Enoon
#5 Posted : 4/14/2011 10:51:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

thank you all for participating Smile the data and your comments are valuable to me as I'm trying to figure out the essence of the undefined spiritual practice with psychedelics in our modern and western culture. I think growing entheogens is, though not essential, at least one of the larger disciplines in this spiritual practice I think we are all in some way involved in. That is to say it's not some religious or esoteric thing but rather a practice of mindfulness, of deliberate consciousness/awareness/empathy and curiosity or inquiry.

anyways, I hope to get more members to vote Very happy

much love to you all and your plants and fungi
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Psikotrope
#6 Posted : 4/14/2011 11:33:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm growing 6-7 different entheos atm. I have a special relationship with them all but I have something magical going with my salvia. She has been the one that has required the most care. After months with her in a humidity tent by my bedside I can sense her needs. Sounds wack I know. But seriously maybe its just experience with watching her and doing different things to make her healthy but at times I feel like I can sense in some way if she is happy or needs more or less of something. Its a fulfilling part of my life.

Great topic!
Psikotrope
AKA Hanuman Dass
http://hanumandass.wordpress.com A blog on nonduality, entheogens, and other such topics.

"It can be what you want it to be but in the end it's all just sensory enhancement." -The thought stream that once saved my life.

elphologist1
#7 Posted : 4/15/2011 1:50:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I guess I'm the only one (out of 15 so far) to vote "No". I do enjoy a feeling of accomplishment and self-sufficiency when I grow or make something myself. But really, I feel that same feeling no matter what I am growing. I like growing "gourmet" mushrooms, for example, and I don't really feel much different towards them than I do towards actives. Both are interesting, but I kind of see it like an "experiment". I'm trying to optimise things and get them to grow the best I can. I get a similar feeling of accomplishment if I successfully build an electronic circuit or even develop a new software program. But I guess that's the engineer in me, seeing everything very analytically. Not that I lack emotion, like a robot, but more like I use my intellect and skills in a fairly detached way in order to cultivate "accomplishment" emotions I enjoy.

elphologist

Laban Shrewsbury III
#8 Posted : 4/15/2011 3:56:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't romanticise certain plants over others. If a life form is useful to me, I will work to create the conditions for its growth and exploit it at my leisure. The arrangement is mutually beneficial. Nothing is special.
Sometimes I believe that this less material life is our truer life, and that our vain presence on the terraqueous globe is itself the secondary or merely virtual phenomenon.

alzabo
#9 Posted : 4/15/2011 4:29:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, very special. I love all my plants. The the magical and alkaloid rich herbs are special to me but no more special than the other plants. I like watching them change everyday, or with the mimosa, sometimes it looks like it's breathing -- phylodes rippling ever so slightly as the sun and air move over it. This sight would be just as beautiful if the plant didn't contain actives but knowing that it does is definitely part of my appreciation for it. My p. viridis are in a small terrarium. The soil has various fungi colonizing it, including p. cyanascens -- now and then, big rhizomorphic strands and fluffy poofs of mycelium appear on the surface and turn that telltale blue green color. There are worms and lots of other critters too. Snails, millipedes, centipedes, mites, there used to be terrestrial isopods as well but I think that the centipedes ate them all. I'll need to get some more from the park.
These aren't the droids you're looking for.

joedirt
#10 Posted : 4/15/2011 4:55:37 PM

Not I

Laban Shrewsbury III wrote:
I don't romanticise certain plants over others. If a life form is useful to me, I will work to create the conditions for its growth and exploit it at my leisure. The arrangement is mutually beneficial. Nothing is special.

I know I'm taking this out of context, but....

Quote:
If a life form is useful to me, I will......exploit it at my leisure

SCARY! Smile
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

Laban Shrewsbury III
#11 Posted : 4/15/2011 5:33:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

joedirt wrote:

Quote:
If a life form is useful to me, I will......exploit it at my leisure

SCARY! Smile

The word 'exploit' seems to have accrued very negative connotations. It needn't imply wanton destruction or waste. Just ask my human centipede.
Sometimes I believe that this less material life is our truer life, and that our vain presence on the terraqueous globe is itself the secondary or merely virtual phenomenon.

Jin
#12 Posted : 4/15/2011 6:32:37 PM

yes

grow , grow , grow your own
gently down the street
merrily , merrily , merrily , merrily
life is but a treat
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

gardentoad
#13 Posted : 4/20/2011 3:20:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

yes, I love growing my entheogens. I have tended to my salvia for eight years and they have treated me very nicely. My cacti are huge and powerful and a comforting presence. The psychotria is....cheerful...

Aegle
#14 Posted : 5/16/2011 9:50:05 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Plants are the most compassionate life forms on earth... I have always been drawn towards plants ever since i was a little girl, i ate a poisonous mushroom when i was six years old due to my overwhelming curiosity of the unknown. Growing entheogens seems almost instinctual to me, being able to have the opportunity to love and nurture something so precious is a gift within its self. For me personally i feel it is of the utmost importance to grow your own entheogens as it allows you to cultivate a deep connection filled with great awareness and mutual respect for these incredible life forms.

Much Peace and Kindness
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

LawnBoy
#15 Posted : 5/17/2011 3:37:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, plants and animals that can provide a psychotropic and/or religious experience provide me with a sense of awe. The word, ambrosia, comes to mindSmile I know the power they hold within, and I can't imagine what the future will brings as we learn more about how the plants and us humans interact. There is so much more, we don't know, and there are so many new plants with unknown potential.
Plants that provide a pyschotropic experience, are priceless. They have a close bond to our evolution. They provide awe, a way of changing time perception, pain reception, taste, color, and thus our entire world. It's hard to explain why, but, I know for certain, that I don't feel the same way, when I look at a tomato compared to a peyoteVery happy

But, being in your garden, whether they be tomatoes or achuma, makes me feel "special." It's very rewarding... but I guess that's all subjective.
Posts made by me are either fictional or false, or both. I do not endorse, condone or engage in illegal activities. I love the state, my big brother. "I" myself am fictional. I am a collection of individuals, that are not entirely human. "I" do not exist in reality. Any resemblance to an individual bound by laws is merely coincidental. I lie and tell very little of the truth; do not believe me, and, especially, don't hold "me" accountable for any posts.

Ekstasis
#16 Posted : 5/17/2011 4:00:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I truly enjoy cultivating a variety of plants but as most everyone has stated before me, there is just something special about the entheogens. Mushrooms are easily my favorite of all; I tend to develop a special relationship with the little fungal colonies Smile Cannabis is fun simply because it grows so fast, it's a very rewarding plant to grow.
My mind craves nectar day and night.
Like a blue lotus floating on the sea of love.
Lingering in ashantic realms
Lingering in the akashic realms
Lingering in, lingering in the realms.
Blue lotus floats, floating, floating..
Some laugh, some weep, some dance for joy.
My mind craves nectar day and night.

Metanoia
#17 Posted : 5/17/2011 4:02:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Aegle wrote:
Plants are the most compassionate life forms on earth... I have always been drawn towards plants ever since i was a little girl, i ate a poisonous mushroom when i was six years old due to my overwhelming curiosity of the unknown. Growing entheogens seems almost instinctual to me, being able to have the opportunity to love and nurture something so precious is a gift within its self. For me personally i feel it is of the utmost importance to grow your own entheogens as it allows you to cultivate a deep connection filled with great awareness and mutual respect for these incredible life forms.

Much Peace and Kindness

Nothing further need be said. Exactly my thoughts.