We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
develop good habits through DMT Options

dakini_zema
#1 Posted : 11/9/2008 1:10:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

hello everyone, hope u r fine....
I am new, i just discovered yr forum, i couldn't read it properly cause i haven t got much time, i am working quite hard but i got a good feeling about it...
anyway i would like to say that i am not an expert of entheogenic or an experienced user either., but tonight i had a discussion with my partner who is an ex tibetan Buddhist monk and therefore as a different point of view...
i make myself clear: i decided to try Ayuhaska next january after a short retreat in which i will do meditation and purification because i feel like it would be a good chance to get some answers i am looking for.... I am ( I mean i try to be ) a Buddhist practitioner but I am lazy indeed. Sometime I carry on good with my daily practice and i see the result by myself....i become more confident and i kind of do not let my unhealthy emotions take control of my life....but as i said i have this strong imprint to be lazy therefore i find quite hard to maintain a daily routine...the result is after a while i give up my practice and then i have to start everything again...this is happening since 7 years ago..it is frustrating!!!
Sometime i get depress and hopeless....anyway a few years ago i had a very strong trip with some mexican mushroom...to make a brief after that trip i became vegetarian and my spirituality increased a lot....also i begin s to belive in Dharma (the Buddhist's path) strongly...
I told my boyfriend that i would like to endeavor the same experience, to try DMT for investigate a bit more my mind or at least the part of this mind that i would like to turn in the right diretion. To drive it in a way it will start to collaborate and make easyer for me to develop the good habit of meditation and self investigation but he got upset!!...he told me i don t need any shortcut to study my mind but just a strong effort. also he said that any kind of drug is unuseful in the spiritual progress. I must say that my boyfriend i a very open minded person who dosen t like to judge anyone....just he come from a very different culture, from a tradition where the word self destruction dosen t exist.....in fact the tibetan dictionary dosen t even have this word Smile
for him is quite wired to get any substance to altered the consciousness, even if the reasons are good.
I mus admit he made me think....
maybe i am just looking for a quick solution but i am sure my intention are good and i am not going to harm anyone, in fact i would do it to benefit myself, consequently to benefit others....
I would like to ask u: did anyone of u use DMT with this porpouse? and If yes what did u get from that exeperience?
Do u think because we are westerns can we allowed ourself to use phychedelic "to get to the POINT faster"?
Do you think would be better take DMT by myself or with a friend.....(what about if this friend never took DMT?)
Do you think this could be a right motivation?

I really appriciate any comment and\or any suggestion.

Please be patience and share with me anything u think i should know, i really would like to prepare myself in the best way for that powerfull experience..

i WISH U a lovely time
thank u for yr time.

p.s i apoligise if i will be long to reply, i honestly work hard and i haven t got much free time....Smile

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

gosvami
#2 Posted : 11/9/2008 6:24:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
i decided to try Ayuhaska next january after a short retreat
Just visit the forums.ayahuasca. com. But it isn’t enough to make a short research! Inform yourself properly! Under some circumstances there are high risks in taking ayahuasca, especially if your body is under influence of some special sort of medicaments.

Quote:
did anyone of u use DMT with this porpouse? and If yes what did u get from that exeperience?
Yes! I do! My purpose is to benefit myself and consequently to benefit others. Ayahasca (dmt+maoi) can teach you something: The lessons are individually, it can give you exactly the special lesson, which you need for your spiritual increase.

Quote:
Do u think because we are westerns can we allowed ourself to use phychedelic "to get to the POINT faster"?
I don’t think that it is possible “to reach the point” faster. There is not such a thing like “a point”. It isn’t possible to accelerate your development with urge. Don’t urge yourself! Urging yourself brings nothing but frustration, imho.

Quote:
Do you think would be better take DMT by myself or with a friend.....(what about if this friend never took DMT?)
You have a good friend, who wants to take ayahusca with you together? That’s fine! Enjoy it! Anyone, who isn’t experienced with psychedelics in general and who wants to work with ayahuasca should add only small amounts of “light” (dmt containing plants) to the vine (b. caapi)... increase this amount of light the next time, if you think or feel it’s necessary. But start with small amounts of light and let the vine alone be your guide first, especially, if you are not experienced.

Quote:
Do you think this could be a right motivation?
It depends on what you think! It’s your way! Nobody can go this way but you.

OM

Garulfo
#3 Posted : 11/11/2008 12:51:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
i would like to turn in the right diretion. To drive it in a way it will start to collaborate and make easyer for me to develop the good habit

"Right direction", "collaborate", "good habit". What (or who) makes you so sure that there are right directions ? There is only one direction.. yours Cool

Quote:
of meditation and self investigation but he got upset!!...he told me i don t need any shortcut to study my mind but just a strong effort.

Maybe it's your path to take "shortcuts" Pleased

Quote:
also he said that any kind of drug is unuseful in the spiritual progress.

This statement sounds like coming from a culture of "efforts", like Christians have the culture of (self)sacrifice.
Obviously, if you believe that efforts are required and if you build all your life on that statement, the simple idea that no effort is needed is... awful

Quote:
where the word self destruction dosen t exist.....

DMT will not destroy you... well, not your body at least (it's another story for your ego). To be more accurate, smoking DMT may be a bit harsh on the throat and may have some depressing effect if taken too often (just a personnal opinion tough)

Quote:
maybe i am just looking for a quick solution but i am sure my intention are good

I'm sure your intention are good. And even if your intention would be to have some fun, what's wrong with it ?
Quote:

did anyone of u use DMT with this porpouse? and If yes what did u get from that exeperience?

Enlightment, yes really Cool But there is a price to pay.

Quote:

Agree with gosvami. There is no point to reach, slower or faster. However, that evidence may become clearer after a strong DMT dose Pleased
Quote:

Do not be alone the first times, but do it with someone who is ready to go with you and not against you. I would say that it does not matter if that person already took DMT as long as he is just there for you.

dakini_zema
#4 Posted : 11/12/2008 2:41:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone,

I am trying to avoid as many risk as i can ....in fact i am gonna take Ayhauasca after a 4 days maditation reatret in which i am going to fast for 2 days.....after that I will come back home, keep fasting, cook and drink my tea.
I suppose is a better solution rather then worry about what i eat or drink, also i am positive that in this way the experience would be more powerful.
I read in Amazon they do the same: they starve themself before drink the tea.
I had a look on the Ayauasca forum and i found very valuable data. I thought about what should be the best way to prepare myself and suddenly i had this vision of Indios getting ready to drink Ayhauasca by reading a thick book Pleased I found it very funny! I suppose they do prepare psychologically more then intellectually, therefore I am not certain that i should inform myself too much.
Knowledge is always important but I don't want to fill my mind with too many details. I don't want to have too many expectations or to be too afraid of DMT experience.
From my personal experience i can say for sure that my mind is quite reactive to entheogenic, even with a small amount.
I would try to go with the flow and allow the experience to happend as it comes, nevertheless proseeding with caution.
Letting go the ego isn't an easy task but i think is the only way to develop a true love and open up the heart.
7 years ago psylocibe showed the non-duality of the phenomena throught the dissolution of my ego. It is being very painful and scared but it heleped me to turn my life in more meaningful way. I feel like it's time of a little pushing again Pleased
I am looking for guidance, it will be always, in every situation someone who has more experience then me and who could kindly tell me the right knack......therefore i shall thank all of u for yr suggestion.I ll take care of it!!
I may have a different view from a coulpe of thing that u said, i wish i had enough time to go deeper in it (i love philosophy , i don't have a big knoledge of it but i like very much to debate and exange opinionsPleased) but unfortunately in this moment of my life i am lack of time, therefore i shall go straight to the point and ask the questions that i need to ask....
I deeply appriacite anything u may consider helpful and u may think i should know.

I am sharing the house with many people but i have my room in which i feel protect, how much the noise of other people can effect the trip?

Do u reckon is better do it day or night time?

A day off after the experience is a good idea?
Is it enough?

Is my body going to be asleep? And so forth....

Many thanks for yr time Smile
I wish u a good night!

shoe
#5 Posted : 11/12/2008 6:21:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd just like to point out that you should do a bit of research on ken kesey -
an LSD guru and the author of one flew over the cuckoo's nest.

He is a strong advocate of psychedelics being a shortcut to enlightenment. I quote:
"LSD Is a shortcut to enlightenment that we were given ... "
Im sure the same applies for DMT.

As far as improving your life goes, Im not sure. Im also very lazy (right now anyway..)
and ulthough I sense a strong healing presence with DMT, Im not sure it will improve your life at all.

Im certainly in the middle of a huge depression, & lifes a mess,..
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

Garulfo
#6 Posted : 11/13/2008 3:01:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dakini,

I have no knowledge about Ayahuasca, just DMT, or DMT+Rue. It seems that you are preparing things very carefully and I guess that's good.
However, I would not recommend to do it alone in a house full of people not knowing what you do.

Quote:
Do u reckon is better do it day or night time?

At night, undoubtly.

Quote:
Is it enough?

I guess yes.

burnt
#7 Posted : 11/13/2008 4:45:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Quote:
I am sharing the house with many people but i have my room in which i feel protect, how much the noise of other people can effect the trip?

SWIM finds himself very sensitive to any noise around him while under the spice. Do it at a quite time with minimal distractions.

Quote:
Is it enough?

Is my body going to be asleep? And so forth....

No probably the opposite.