We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
New Rival to the GVG? Options

gibran2
#1 Posted : 5/13/2011 8:24:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Thanks to this thread started by rickersjun, a new group of devices has been brought to our collective attention. I haven’t seen these “Health Stone Glass” devices before.

They use the same silicon carbide foam used in the GVG, but there’s no separate glass holder or top piece. The foam must be handled directly. Putting it into a pipe is obviously easy, but removing it could be a problem.

I also wonder how airtight the seal is. With the GVG, everything is very snug.

Anyhow, these devices use the same technology as the GVG, so my guess is that they’re just as effective and efficient. I’ve never said that about any other devices, so it seems this is the first serious GVG competitor!
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Bill Cipher
#2 Posted : 5/13/2011 8:49:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That actually looks pretty bitchin'. Bleed through would never be an issue.

gibran2
#3 Posted : 5/13/2011 10:19:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here’s a list of all Health Stone Glass products. Quite impressive.

Looking at some of them, it’s hard to tell where the substance to be vaporized goes?
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

ragabr
#4 Posted : 5/13/2011 10:44:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

They're all so much more expensive that the GVG though! Good to see some competition though, and that they sell the carbide foam by itself.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

SnozzleBerry
#5 Posted : 5/13/2011 10:53:46 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

gibran2 wrote:

Shocked

Must. Resist. Urge. To. Buy. Moar. Glass.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Xt
#6 Posted : 5/14/2011 5:12:07 AM

I gotta admit... they look pretty good!

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

ewok
#7 Posted : 5/14/2011 6:02:28 AM

Now that's some mighty fine equipment, does seem a tad pricey though. Has anyone here vaped spice with them?
Black then white are all I see in my infancy.
Red and yellow then came to be,
reaching out to me, lets me see.
There is so much more and it beckons me to look though to these,
infinite possibilities.
As below so above and beyond I imagine,
drawn outside the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

MelCat
#8 Posted : 5/14/2011 4:28:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ragabr wrote:
Good to see some competition though, and that they sell the carbide foam by itself.

Yeah, this is definitely a good thing for the innovative people here at the Nexus.

It would be cool to outfit The KeyV2 with some of the carbide foam.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

smokerx
#9 Posted : 5/14/2011 5:08:06 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

gibran2 wrote:

Looking at some of them, it’s hard to tell where the substance to be vaporized goes?

so now you have to buy one, test it for as and report back Smile
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

gibran2
#10 Posted : 5/14/2011 5:52:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

smokerx wrote:
so now you have to buy one, test it for as and report back Smile

Ha! If my budget allowed for it, maybe I would.

If you google “Health Stone Glass” and look for videos (here’s one), it seems that users put THC oil/resin on top of the ceramic disc, let it melt in, and then heat it up to initiate vaporization. In effect, the ceramic disc is being used in the same way that metal mesh (or steel wool) is used in “The Machine”.

I’m not sure if this would work very well for our purposes. It seems to me that some of the spice might burn. Also, it seems that the ceramic disc could eventually get clogged (although I suppose heating it to a high temperature would remove most debris).

I wonder if any of the pipes have a chamber like the GVG? Or must the material to be vaporized be put on top of the ceramic disc? Hmm...

actualfactual
#11 Posted : 5/14/2011 6:15:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
gibran2 wrote:

Shocked

Must. Resist. Urge. To. Buy. Moar. Glass.

Story of my life Sad

smokerx
#12 Posted : 5/14/2011 6:58:53 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

gibran2 wrote:

Ha! If my budget allowed for it, maybe I would.

i knew it lol

gibran2 wrote:

If you google “Health Stone Glass” and look for videos (here’s one), it seems that users put THC oil/resin on top of the ceramic disc, let it melt in, and then heat it up to initiate vaporization. In effect, the ceramic disc is being used in the same way that metal mesh (or steel wool) is used in “The Machine”.

I’m not sure if this would work very well for our purposes. It seems to me that some of the spice might burn. Also, it seems that the ceramic disc could eventually get clogged (although I suppose heating it to a high temperature would remove most debris).

i think lots of spice would burn but again who knows ?

gibran2 wrote:

I wonder if any of the pipes have a chamber like the GVG? Or must the material to be vaporized be put on top of the ceramic disc? Hmm...

i guess it has to be put on the disc.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

Aegle
#13 Posted : 5/14/2011 10:20:40 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Gibran2

Wow these are epic, ill defiantly try to order one in the not so distant future...

Much Peace and Compassion
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

DMTripper
#14 Posted : 5/15/2011 12:46:27 PM

John Murdoch IV

These don't work exactly like the GVG. The air goes through the chamber in a GVG but not in these. It's like you would put the spice in the bottom and the hot air just passes by. Should work but anyways not exactly the same.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

easyrider
#15 Posted : 5/15/2011 5:54:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is there an actual difference between the planetary and the standard beside the coloring?
"'Most men will not swιm before they are able to.' Is not that witty? Naturally, they won't swιm! They are born for the solid earth, not for the water. And naturally they won't think. They are made for life, not for thought. Yes, and he who thinks, what's more, he who makes thought his business, he may go far in it, but he has bartered the solid earth for the water all the same, and one day he will drown."

— Hermann Hesse

actualfactual
#16 Posted : 5/15/2011 6:53:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

easyrider wrote:
Is there an actual difference between the planetary and the standard beside the coloring?

nah

mine is on the way!

smokerx
#17 Posted : 5/15/2011 7:39:56 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

actualfactual wrote:
nah

mine is on the way!

perfect so please dont forget to report back about it Smile

Mitakuye Oyasin
#18 Posted : 5/16/2011 12:43:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The biggest difference is that the GVG vapes by way or hot air, not direct contact with flame as the healthstone products do. I've used both and prefer the GVG as it does not burn the cannabis oil/wax but gently heats it and vapes it without burning it. Burnt cannabis oil/wax tastes bad and is pretty harsh on the lungs. I would assume this would be the same for spice as you would not want direct contact with a flame, but instead to let hot air to do its thing. My guess is that some smart people out there will be able to rig something similar to how the GVG works - flame to stone heating the air and the substance beneath the stone vaping by hot air and not direct flame contact - with some or all of the healthstone products. I have suggested to the company that markets the GVG and regular VG products that they come up with a device like this for people who want to attach a GVG head to a water pipe or erbo pipe or some other smoking/vaping device. This would be a great addition to their product line IMHO. I think the company that sells GVG's also sells a replacement stone (carbide foam) for around $20. Perhaps the healthstone company could also start experimenting with using their stone at the top of the glass and allowing the substances to be vaped to go under the stone to benefit from hot air instead of direct flame contact.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

easyrider
#19 Posted : 5/16/2011 1:04:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:
The biggest difference is that the GVG vapes by way or hot air, not direct contact with flame as the healthstone products do. I've used both and prefer the GVG as it does not burn the cannabis oil/wax but gently heats it and vapes it without burning it. Burnt cannabis oil/wax tastes bad and is pretty harsh on the lungs. I would assume this would be the same for spice as you would not want direct contact with a flame, but instead to let hot air to do its thing. My guess is that some smart people out there will be able to rig something similar to how the GVG works - flame to stone heating the air and the substance beneath the stone vaping by hot air and not direct flame contact - with some or all of the healthstone products. I have suggested to the company that markets the GVG and regular VG products that they come up with a device like this for people who want to attach a GVG head to a water pipe or erbo pipe or some other smoking/vaping device. This would be a great addition to their product line IMHO. I think the company that sells GVG's also sells a replacement stone (carbide foam) for around $20. Perhaps the healthstone company could also start experimenting with using their stone at the top of the glass and allowing the substances to be vaped to go under the stone to benefit from hot air instead of direct flame contact.

This may sound silly, but would not one just use the heat of the flame of the torch lighter to melt the spice instead of directly torching the spice? Or is that not a suitable technique for this type of device?
"'Most men will not swιm before they are able to.' Is not that witty? Naturally, they won't swιm! They are born for the solid earth, not for the water. And naturally they won't think. They are made for life, not for thought. Yes, and he who thinks, what's more, he who makes thought his business, he may go far in it, but he has bartered the solid earth for the water all the same, and one day he will drown."

— Hermann Hesse

gibran2
#20 Posted : 5/16/2011 1:42:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:
The biggest difference is that the GVG vapes by way or hot air, not direct contact with flame as the healthstone products do. I've used both and prefer the GVG as it does not burn the cannabis oil/wax but gently heats it and vapes it without burning it. ...

This is as I suspected in post #10. As I surmised in that post, the ceramic filter is not used as a heat regulator, but rather as a sponge-like holder for the liquid to be vaporized. So it seems that the GVG still reigns supreme.

But I wonder if any of the HSG pipes can be outfitted with a screen in the area below the bowl. Maybe then they could be used like the GVG?

12NEXT