We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Thinking about a blab/lextek hybrid Options

fraterS.O.L.
#1 Posted : 4/2/2011 7:18:29 AM

Bill Nye

Okay. First off I got bark from a new guy, galactictoad, and did my usual A/B procedure. most of what came from the freeze precip ended up being goo. I got abouy 750mg of spice that doesn't turn to goo and probably another gram or two of goo out of 6 naptha pull.(250g batch) It seems the problem is that the spice is to fat(this mimosa really let itsself goLaughing ) Anyway heres what I'm gonna do, well I already started so here's what I am doing.

1. in a 3gal carboy make 1.5gal high ph water(around 750g lye added)
2. added around 750g mhrb
3. let sit for an hour and then added anoter 2.25gal
4. added a quart of limonene(was going to actually use xylene but i'm out)
5. rolled for 5-10minutes

Thats what I have done so far. Now I don't have any IPA and really am not looking for full spec on this go round. Here's where the LexTek comes in.

6. i'm going to siphon off the limo(carboy user look up the unicap, major time saver)
7. i'm going to make a cup of dilute HCl
8. mix 'em both together(lime in the coconutSmile Smile )
9. let settle and pull the limo off and put the limo back in the carboy
10. save the HCl for later
11. repeat 5-10 5 times
12. take my saved dmt HCl solution and reduce a little
13. make a lye heavy solution and mix in
14. watch the magic
15. do naptha pulls til the snow stops falling

I know this will work. I just want to put it out here and see what all you nice people think. All input welcome, even the "this is a stupid idea" type input.

edit; i think the limo may need to be filtered in between step 6 and 8
"Then he looked right through me
With somniferous almond eyes
Don't even know what that means
Must remember to write it down,
This is so real
Like the time Dave floated away
See my heart is pounding
'Cause this **** never happens to me!"
Tool - Rosetta Stoned

ANYTHING I POST ONLY TOOK PLACE IN REALMS OF PURE IDEA AND THOUGHT, ANY PICTURES I POST ARE STRAIGHT FROM GOOGLE IMAGES. ANY AND ALL PROCESSES I CLAIM TO CARRY OUT HAVE NOT ACTUALLY OCCURRED IN PHYSICAL REALITY, AND THEREFORE VIOLATE NO PHYSICAL LAW. WHEN SUCH THINGS ARE BANNED FROM THOUGHT I WILL CEASE TO CARRY THEM OUT EVEN IN THE ETHER.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

fraterS.O.L.
#2 Posted : 4/3/2011 7:34:25 PM

Bill Nye

Well I see no-one has shown any interest on this one. I think it should be moved to STB anyway since I completely neglected the vinegar soak. Anywho, as an update i have done 2 pulls and salted the DMT back into a HCl solution and am saving the solutions. They are orange colored and a little milky looking. Actually, since limo was used to extract, it looks and smells a lot like OJ, I hope my friends are smart enough to know not to drink anything in a lab beaker Very happy. I will post back the results when I have them even though it seems like no one really cares. Oh and if a mod can please move this to the STB subforum I will rename it to STB BLAB/Lextek hybrid-WIP
This is so real
See my heart is pounding
Tool - Rosetta Stoned

ANYTHING I POST ONLY TOOK PLACE IN REALMS OF PURE IDEA AND THOUGHT, ANY PICTURES I POST ARE STRAIGHT FROM GOOGLE IMAGES. ANY AND ALL PROCESSES I CLAIM TO CARRY OUT HAVE NOT ACTUALLY OCCURRED IN PHYSICAL REALITY, AND THEREFORE VIOLATE NO PHYSICAL LAW. WHEN SUCH THINGS ARE BANNED FROM THOUGHT I WILL CEASE TO CARRY THEM OUT EVEN IN THE ETHER.

DoingKermit
#3 Posted : 4/4/2011 7:13:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yo fraters! I care, but maybe that's cuz subconsciously i like the fact that our avatars are slightly similar Smile

I was curious to find out how that dudes bark (galactictoad) held up in an extraction. I am not sure if i would order from him due to my location, but am sure many other will appreciate. I like the hybrid action going on. But why not use Fumaric acid to salt? Then you could just do the freebase conversion tek to get your smokables.

Anyhoooo, get some yellow gloves, damn you Razz

fraterS.O.L.
#4 Posted : 4/4/2011 7:32:47 AM

Bill Nye

Well when you salt out with fumarate you get full spectrum and I am going for the pure white N,N.

Thanks for caring. BTW I have GREEN gloves. Get a carboy full of pedro a-hole!
This is so real
See my heart is pounding
Tool - Rosetta Stoned

fraterS.O.L.
#5 Posted : 4/17/2011 8:16:25 PM

Bill Nye

Hey here's a little update. I collected all my Dmitri hcl sol and reduced a little, threw in some activated charcoal and filtered. I let it sit in the fridge for a week because I was busy all well. Yesterday I made a naoh solutions and basified. Pulled some with naphtha, which I am leaving to evap. The damndest thing happens. All the precipitates settled out and were easily filtered. They are a dark orange color and smell like spice. I plan on rextalizing and using the leftovers for Changa. I will post approximate yeild, etc. when I finish up.
This is so real
See my heart is pounding
Tool - Rosetta Stoned

fraterS.O.L.
#6 Posted : 5/13/2011 3:59:22 AM

Bill Nye

Just an update. this method did work but I doubt its worth all the extra effort and it did little to cut out the fats and oils. I can now vouch for the supplier galactic toad as out of the 750g i used in this extraction i got back 13-14g of nice chunky yellow shards.
This is so real
See my heart is pounding
Tool - Rosetta Stoned

DoingKermit
#7 Posted : 5/13/2011 1:42:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's an amazing yield! Well done!

fraterS.O.L.
#8 Posted : 5/13/2011 5:08:24 PM

Bill Nye

Thanks! I had to evaporate b/c the stuff that a FP'd ended up melting into my coffee filters. I have another kilo that I'm gonna fumarate out instead. I think it would be optimal for this batch of bark. IDK whats up with the fats in there cuz I've never seen anything like it but evapping also worked and produced nice little chunks that popped right out once dry. That, besides the DDoS attacke, is why its taken so long to update. I evaped like half a liter of naptha
This is so real
See my heart is pounding
Tool - Rosetta Stoned