We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What maoi do you suggest? Options

illerrre
#1 Posted : 5/12/2011 5:40:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I wasn't really sure about where to put this thread. I tried dmt+maoi once and did it with syrian rue. As I've understood there are much better alternatives. Which maoi do you prefer and why?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

jamie
#2 Posted : 5/12/2011 5:44:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

other than rue, try caapi. I have far more experience with caapi than rue but I have been taking both rue tea and extracted rue harmalas and personally I like them and dont find them really less ideal than caapi like others claim, just different... I love both of them and have been taking them together as well with great results.
Long live the unwoke.

SnozzleBerry
#3 Posted : 5/12/2011 6:04:36 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Rue and Caapi contain RIMA's (reverse inhibitors of monoamine oxidase).

Rue has harmine and harmaline, caapi contains harmine, harmaline and tetrahydroharmine

When you say you did it with syrian rue do you mean ground up seeds or extract?

My ranking of RIMA's from most to least preferable would be:
1) caapi vine brew
2) extracted caapi alkaloids
3) extracted P. harmala alkaloids
4) ground p. harmala seeds (not a viable option imo, given the junk they have in them in addition to harmala alkaloids and the ease of extracting from them).

I find caapi (possibly due to the THH content) provides a longer afterglow and overall has an additional layer of Smile to it. This could be placebo or self suggestion, but I find that the effects of my brews are more potent/longer lasting than the extracts from vine, perhaps i'm just unintentionally dosing higher when I take the brew. P. harmala extracts are very nice for acute effects and microdosing, but lack some of the qualities of the caapi brews, I haven't experimented enough with caapi/harmala extracts to give a good comparison. Imo, eating harmala seeds or tea is nasty and includes a whole host of undesirable alkaloids and fats for a very nauseating experience.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

illerrre
#4 Posted : 5/12/2011 6:34:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I did it with seeds.

rOm
#5 Posted : 5/12/2011 9:22:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Caapi and rue are different, but all good.
It's true that overall a long afterglow is noticed after a good caapi brew. Not noticed really with extracted harmalas (from both caapi and rue).
Rue tea only tried once. Quite like it.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !