We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
extracting from ready-made snuffs ? Options

endlessness
#1 Posted : 11/11/2008 11:51:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello

So SWIM just got some grams of yopo (a. peregrina) and of epena (v. theiodora). They are both made mixed with the ashes of Elizabetha Princeps tree.

SWIM will save some for using, as they are straight from yanomami, but its too much, so SWIM was thinking of extracting some..

So considering the yopo has 5-HO-DMT and epena has 5-MEO-DMT, can SWIM make an A/B with defatting on both of them and will the final product be bufotenine and 5-meo?

SWIM will try to get acetone to make the other acetone bufo tek instead, but it seems its controlled in his country... So would this work as a normal A/B, using glacial acetic acid, NaOH and naphtha as the non-polar solvent?

thanks

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

69ron
#2 Posted : 11/11/2008 12:04:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Not for Yopo. Freebase bufotenine is very polar and quite insoluble in Naphtha. You'll need a semi-polar solvent like DCM, ethyl acetate, chloroform, etc.

It should work for epena. From what I recall, 5-MeO-DMT is soluble in naphtha.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

endlessness
#3 Posted : 11/12/2008 12:02:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks a lot

anybody else can confirm 5-meo is soluble in naphtha? will attempt that this weekend..

You think a defat is necessary? SWIM is a bit affraid of emulsions in the defat step

btw, you think 5-meo can be freeze precipitated in naphtha, or only evapped?

and what about the pka of 5-meo, any info on that?