We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Migraine and DMT? Options

Iziel
#1 Posted : 11/10/2008 1:48:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I had a HORRIBLE migraine on Tuesday this week (morning after I smoked). By Friday when it still wasn't gone I decided to take 1 hit to bring up my serotonin levels.

But my headache is still lurking around the corner. It's not very present, but I can still feel it. Is the DMT helping or hurting?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

DMTripper
#2 Posted : 11/11/2008 1:13:44 AM

John Murdoch IV

I've heard of people claiming DMT helps with the migraine or even gets rid of it completely.
And there's a migraine drug called Sumatriptan and it's a triptamine too so maybe DMT really does help.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

lorax
#3 Posted : 11/11/2008 3:51:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

psilocybin or cocaine is actually the BEST there is for migranes. i'd go with the psilocybin if i were you. cocaine stinks of death and money! with psilocybin being 4-HO-DMT i could imagine that bufotenine might also help as it is very similar. (5-HO-DMT)

a friends friend always cures his migrane with microdoses of psilocybin. works like a charm. 4mg psilocybin should be enough maybe even less. a therapeutic dose is usually under the dose which can be felt. so i would guess you could even take 2mg and get rid of the migrane. it also makes your view sharper. good for hunting!
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

Infundibulum
#4 Posted : 11/11/2008 4:58:19 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Iziel wrote:
I had a HORRIBLE migraine on Tuesday this week (morning after I smoked). By Friday when it still wasn't gone I decided to take 1 hit to bring up my serotonin levels.

But my headache is still lurking around the corner. It's not very present, but I can still feel it. Is the DMT helping or hurting?

Iziel, did you have a migraine in the "true" sense of the word, id est with the preceding visual phenomena (migraine aura, "television" vision, missing parts of the visual field etc etc)??

Or did you simply had some horrible headache? I'm just asking because many people refer to "migraine" as "horrible headache" where in fact migraine is a condition accompanied from a wide spectrum of effects, the most interesting being the visual hallucinations / disturbances.

Treatment with tryptamines is controversial in the case of true migraines and it might even be contraindicated in some cases

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

DMTripper
#5 Posted : 11/11/2008 9:52:41 PM

John Murdoch IV

I get migraine attacks maybe once a year max (the real shit with distorted sight and all that stuff) and I'm trying the psilocybin trick next time Smile I always get the first symptoms 30-45 minutes before the migraine kicks in so I have time to eat a very small dose of mushrooms. And my niece get's bad migraine very often. Like once a month or so and I'm telling her to try some shrooms next time. I'm very curious if it works good.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

fourthripley
#6 Posted : 11/11/2008 10:33:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Iziel, did you have a migraine in the "true" sense of the word, id est with the preceding visual phenomena (migraine aura, "television" vision, missing parts of the visual field etc etc)??

I occasionally experience these along with the often described 'snake skin' patterns luckily unaccompanied by headache, my vision just eventually returns to normal. I just relax and try to enjoy the experience. Anybody experience- or have heard of- similary 'dry' migraine?
mistakes were made

acolon_5
#7 Posted : 11/12/2008 3:31:33 AM

The Great Namah

I believe many of the migraine medications on the market now are tryptamine based.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

benzyme
#8 Posted : 11/12/2008 3:54:00 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

very true
look no further than imitrex (sumatriptan, as DMTripper mentioned). it's dmt with a methyl-methanesulfonamide group at the 5 position

it's no secret, the central serotoninergic system is definitely involved in alleviating migraines
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Iziel
#9 Posted : 11/12/2008 7:31:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:

Or did you simply had some horrible headache? I'm just asking because many people refer to "migraine" as "horrible headache" where in fact migraine is a condition accompanied from a wide spectrum of effects, the most interesting being the visual hallucinations / disturbances.

Treatment with tryptamines is controversial in the case of true migraines and it might even be contraindicated in some cases

It was a true migraine with aura. The worst of the actual headache didn't last long maybe 30 minutes, but I couldn't shake everything else the entire day. I couldn't see straight, I felt like I was on the edge of vertigo - just slipping in and out of those kind of visual hallucinations. The symptoms woke me in the morning and I couldn't leave my room (except to vomit) until about 6 in the afternoon. Towards the end of the time I locked myself away I began to smell copper. It was very strange.

When I smoked a few days later to get rid of the lurking headache it helped - it was a horrible trip (probably didn't need to do that much) and the headache returned the next day.

Thanks for the help.