We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hi all Options

Phantom Green
#1 Posted : 4/27/2011 10:42:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've turned to this forum for info several times in the past, and figured it's time I join and maybe contribute some myself. I've got about a dozen years of experience with psychedelics, although over the last couple it's been limited to a handful of evenings in the company of ayahuasca. I just haven't felt the need to trip, but my fascination for every aspect of the subject (chemical, anthropological, historical, spiritual, etc) has never waned, and I've never stopped gobbling up all the information I can find. But now I'm starting to get that itch again -- I think an extraction's coming soon -- so it felt like the right time to fully join this community instead of just being a peeping tom...

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 4/27/2011 11:13:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!

Sounds familiar, about the longer experience with psychedelics, the break/reduced usage after initial 'honeymoon', but continuous fascination, and the cycles of re-sparked desire to dive again Very happy

Do you have any experience with extractions yet? What kind of extraction route are you planning to use?

See you around!!

Phantom Green
#3 Posted : 4/27/2011 11:49:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the welcome! Yeah, I've had several of those long periods where I don't trip often or at all but continue to read everything I can get my hands on.

Nope, never done an extraction myself. I was thinking about the Lazyman's tek, because, well, I'm lazy. If there's something else that's also easy and recommended, though, I'll definitely take a look at that, though!

endlessness
#4 Posted : 4/27/2011 11:59:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I definitely suggest at least read a few other teks to get the hang of the reasoning behind the processes. For example just to get an idea on the possibilities, read Noman, BLAB, Amor Fati, Q21, Vovin.

I personally like working with limonene instead of petrochems, so teks like BLAB using lye or dry teks like AmorFati's using Ca(OH)2 would be more appropriate. But since limonene cant be freeze precipitated or evaped cleanly, there are extra steps to salt it out and freebase. The steps arent any more difficult than the other steps in the extraction, but you have to go with whatever you feel comfortable with for the first time. Im sure soon enough you'll anyways be experimenting with different teks Very happy

If you anyways go for STB with naphtha, I would rather recommend Noman's tek instead (its all in the Nexus WIKI).

Good luck and keep us informed on how it goes Very happy

Phantom Green
#5 Posted : 5/12/2011 2:33:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, that was annoying. While we are all involuntarily breaking from the board, I went ahead with the lazy man's extraction. It went well enough, I think, although I haven't been able to sample the results as of yet. I'm in grad school, and my focus has been completely there for the last week as the semester was ending. I just sent off my last paper, though, so I'll probably reward myself properly tomorrow! I'll be sure to let you know how that goes, too.

I'll definitely be experimenting with the different teks in the future. I didn't get to see your reply before the attack happened. Really appreciate the advice!