We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
DMT-Nexus Donations Options

Alienteaparty
#21 Posted : 5/1/2011 6:00:13 PM

Dimitri Spacepipe

happy to help out. Smile the world would not be the same without The nexus!
“He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.” - Samuel Johnson

Disclaimer: Every post by Alienteaparty is in no way to be taken seriously, Alienteaparty is purely a figment of a sick-sad child's imagination!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

rOm
#22 Posted : 5/1/2011 6:02:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:

I understand that each one has their money situation and it might be hard to donate. Personally I feel that the Nexus must be worth at least a couple of my bucks even though Im struggling to stretch my small earnings till the end of each month Smile

Same here, also, it's good to take action to keep our communauty running, the maliscious will have to mess around somewhere else !
Mad
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

actualfactual
#23 Posted : 5/3/2011 6:06:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wish I had some extra cash to give, I just made a donation to the Shulgins 2 nights ago for Sashas medical bills or else I would donate. I got you on my next check!

Xt
#24 Posted : 5/3/2011 6:43:15 PM

Pebble on the Beach wrote:
I'm not a frequent poster but like most people stated: this place is worth some of my dough. Expect my contribution at the start of next month.

Keep fighting the just fight.

Sincerely,

PotB

Nice to see you still around man.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

#25 Posted : 5/3/2011 10:13:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

will definately contribute!

just a thought, but is that side of things secure in light of recent events Trav?
Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

actualfactual
#26 Posted : 5/3/2011 10:41:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

1664 wrote:
will definately contribute!

just a thought, but is that side of things secure in light of recent events Trav?

A DDoS attack doesn't reflect on data security, it is simply a way of flooding a box with so much traffic that is unable to to respond to normal traffic.

The Nexus wasn't hacked and all the data should be secure as ever.

Pokey
#27 Posted : 5/4/2011 2:57:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cha Ching! How much did I just donate? A Euro is about as much as a Peso, right?
Very happy

Pokey

olympus mon
#28 Posted : 5/6/2011 2:18:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

finally!!!! sorry my donation took so long trav i didnt know about the bunker till just today allowing me to get some funds your way.

QUESTION- how close are we to achieving our financial goal? i can give more next month if we haven't reached it BY THEN. thanks for your hard work trav im sorry this is happening. it so senseless and hatefull.
cheers
Om
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

entheogenadvocate
#29 Posted : 5/11/2011 1:36:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello everybody! I would have posted sooner, but I just found out about the bunker. I would love to donate, but the link is not currently working for me. Can someone point me in the right direction to donate? I will sleep easier once I know I have contributed back to something that has given so much to me.

Thank you so much for everything, Traveler. I don't have many posts, because I was a lurker for such a long time, but this place has been an important part of my life for a few years now. I could never possibly thank you enough.

Thanks in advance for the information!

Peace and happy journeys
All posts are completely fictional and for educational purposes only

pau
#30 Posted : 5/11/2011 4:23:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Link seems to be working fine on my computer.....either it was temporarily down, or maybe your settings are too restrictive?
WHOA!

transitory
#31 Posted : 5/13/2011 7:30:18 PM

currently intergrating

nice Cool

"Give enough that it feels good but not so much it hurts"
Life is not a task. There is absolutely nothing to attain except the realisation that there is absolutely nothing to attain.
What is sought remains hidden from the seeker by already being everything.

(Tony Parsons)

DiMiTriX
#32 Posted : 5/13/2011 7:54:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hi again nexians!! i had an heart attak seeing the nexus offline..fortunatly trav doing a great job to put it online again!! thank a lot trav!! you're the man Wink
Tz'is aná

Shayku
#33 Posted : 5/13/2011 10:34:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd also like to know what the goal is and how close we are to it.

Thanks for everything, Trav, I'm sure the time you've invested in this is worth far more than the donations, as is the knowledge, advancement and entertainment we all find here.
SWIM is Spartacus!

The things posted on DMT-Nexus by Shayku are generally false. They are for entertainment purposes only.

The Traveler
#34 Posted : 5/13/2011 11:36:53 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Shayku wrote:
I'd also like to know what the goal is and how close we are to it.

The original goal was to get our hands on a professional anti-ddos machine. The problem is that I found out rather soon that such a machine costs about 25k dollar. Shocked

So we will now go with plan B: Move the server to another datacenter. In the new datacenter we will have 10 times the bandwidth available on a dedicated line. We will also rent another server in the new datacenter as a backup server.

COSTS

Current:
* Colocating DMT-Nexus server + extra IP's for SSL: € 82,- per month

Future:
* Colocating DMT-Nexus server + extra IP's for SSL: € 73,- per month (plus one time € 50,- setup costs)
* Rent of backup server + extra IP's for SSL: € 50,- per month
TOTAL: € 123,- per month

CHANGE FROM CURRENT: 123 - 82 = € 41,-

TOTAL DONATIONS

As of May 13th 2011:
* € 1257,- Very happy

Months we can pay for the server:
* If we take all costs into account: 1257 / 123 = ~10 months
* IF we only take the change from current into account: 1257 / 41 = ~30 months

FUTURE BACKUP PLANS

If in the future we need a stronger/faster server then we will be able to either rent one or buy one. Renting it with extra bandwidth (100TB) will be about € 250,- per month.

Thats all the information up till now.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

MySmelf
#35 Posted : 5/14/2011 2:19:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've never donated to anything like this before but this place just seems worth it. Thanks for all your hard work Trav.
Its the MeICNU

I am only someone's imaginary Smelf posting from hyperspace.

RayOfLight
#36 Posted : 5/14/2011 11:24:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would have made a donation by now but I havent been paid for jobs that Ive done in 2 months! hopefully I'll be getting paid soon. Thank you Traveler for all you've done. : )
‎"I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect." J. Krishnamurti ~ The Dissolution of the Order of the Star. 1929

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erjAzA753sg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AEU5pBxY6E

Limeni
#37 Posted : 5/15/2011 12:05:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd say just leave the Donate button up there permanently. I'm sure most of us would be more than happy to chip in on a regular basis to keep things running smoothly.

ewok
#38 Posted : 5/15/2011 12:25:10 AM

Limeni wrote:
I'd say just leave the Donate button up there permanently. I'm sure most of us would be more than happy to chip in on a regular basis to keep things running smoothly.

Agreed I don't mind put in some $ here and there when I can. Doesn't need to be lots but if a few people can will add up quick.
Black then white are all I see in my infancy.
Red and yellow then came to be,
reaching out to me, lets me see.
There is so much more and it beckons me to look though to these,
infinite possibilities.
As below so above and beyond I imagine,
drawn outside the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

Jin
#39 Posted : 5/17/2011 1:36:44 AM

yes

i have to admit i have not made any contribution yet , jus waiting for my cheque which is going to be soon enough ,
TRAVELER i would ask you not to remove the donation tab even if the attacks stop as we don't know when these people can get at it again and also nexus must need upgrading of technology and other issues from time to time ,
i am sure i personally and many of the nexians would like to contribute from time to time to keep our community safe from such attacks , and also i understand you have mixed feelings about the donations but nexus has become a part of us so pls let us do what we can to ensure it safety and security , pls pls pls don't remove the donation tab ,
i have taken a lot from the nexus and would love to give back from time to time ,
thank you
Jin
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

DoctorMantus
#40 Posted : 5/17/2011 8:23:28 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

Gladly donated thank you nexus anything to help out Smile
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

PREV1234NEXT