We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
first brew: a report Options

cosmicladybug
#1 Posted : 4/26/2011 12:36:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So SWIM started with 300g white caapi, 3x3 washes, then reduced. Ended up with 6x100ml doses, approx 50g each -- 100ml was a LOT to get down, though - She is considering putting the remaining 4 doses together and re-reducing. Can She do that? It seems to makes sense but maybe someone has experience doing that and knows otherwise?

Also, SWIM used a folded cheesecloth instead of a t-shirt, and she can understand why folks might use a t-shirt instead - a bit of sediment left in the brew, which also made the 100ml harder to get down.

Light: 100g chacruna.

SWIM split the 100g into two pots and let cook for a little over an hour. SWIM read somewhere on this forum that "until the water is black, then it's loaded with light" so used that as a guideline, then reduced. Ended up with 6x(approx) 50ml doses, which is roughly 17g each.

So SWIM and her partner are both fairly seasoned travelers with other psychedelics, but this was a first outing with Aya. They felt compelled to start low and work up, which is why they split the materials into 6x doses teacher and 6x doses light. Our stated intention was simply to learn, to be open, to take in whatever was given to us.

Each started drinking the 100ml Caapi at 21:30, finished at 21:45. Decided to add the light at 21:55. Within minutes each was experiencing a very warm and not subtle body high, or body vibration if you prefer, significant disequilibrium (not unpleasant, but noticeable for sure), some very mild, subtle visuals even with eyes open, and a distinct, sharp increase in internal chatter. They both agreed that it was very confusing at times, one even characterized it as difficult to follow one specific thought for any length of time and felt more comfortable just remaining open to the influx of wild chatter that was going on. Noted some mild CEVs as well as OEVs. Slight queasiness but nothing extraordinary, although movement heightened the nausea for sure! SWIM had been aware of that possibility previously so remained still and quiet most of her journey. The content of the internal chatter was varied, but both agreed some of the content included reflection on people or places from childhood and throughout their lives - not even particularly important people or places, rather imagery of things/people/places they hadn't thought of in a long time. Random and seemingly insignificant memories.

22:30-ish SWIM's partner got up to use the bathroom - he took multiple trips to the bathroom during the session. SWIM did not, though. Approximately 23:45 was the first time she decided to visit the bathroom, but no "purge" involved - that came somewhat later, as she considered a "next session" some other time, and considered the taste of the caapi brew, and immediately got up to the bathroom and vomited.

All in all, it was a pleasant experience. Lasted from 21:30 to...02:00? I think that was about the time SWIM was able to get up and walk around without feeling "still drunk," as she kept putting it every time she got up.

SWIM was surprised at the extreme gentleness of the whole thing - unlike most other psychedelics she has experience with - but she is thinking that was partly due to the low dosing of teacher as well as light? She is curious if anyone's got any suggestions for which to increase, or both, and by how much.

She also feels that because her partner was somewhat apprehensive at first that the low starting dose was a good choice, because he is no longer apprehensive and is even looking forward to next session, which is a surprise to them both. He even said the next morning that that the vine felt very loving, caring, nurturing and wise - not at all mischievious, which is one way he has described DMT (vaporized). Both agreed that it was a positive experience and could understand why people might be willing to deal with the taste of the brew and the purge that follows, for the gift that is received.

Thanks for reading, and know that she is open to any and all input from the Nexus! Cool

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 4/26/2011 9:03:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey!

Glad you had a good first experience. Its not easy to get the dosage right with aya when its the first time you are brewing from a certain batch.

Regarding the vine, yeah you can reduce to a bit less than 100ml, like lets say 50-70ml. Just do it on very low fire to prevent burning/caramelizing of sugars, which would make it taste bad. Also, you can let the brew cool down and decant away from bottom sediment. This will help with taste but according to the experience of some of the people in this forum, the sediments have actives. One thing you can do is decant away from sediments, and then add some fresh hot water to the sediments, let it decant again (or filter with funnel/cotton plug), so the actives should move to the water. Then you can reduce a bit this fresh water and consume it sometime (but I dont know how strong that will be so you will have to try it out and see.. You could add together the 'sediment wash' from all the aya and keep it for a later date).

Regarding the light, 17g seems like a small dose, depending on the strenght of your batch. You might need more like 50g for a noticeable stronger dosage, but you can increase gradually instead of going all the way for 50g next time, if you feel is right. Also, did you only do one boil? I recommend doing another two boils in the chacruna to make sure all alkaloids are out. It seems chacruna doesnt need as extended boilign as caapi but I would def do 3 boils, even if for shorter time.

Personally my way of doing this is first of all take only the caapi. I take around 40g at first from a batch, and see how the effects are. I think the ideal is to feel significant but not overwhelming effects (so some light headedness and different headspace, sensitivity to light, soft CEV, maybe walking is a bit funny but not so much that its nearly impossible to walk). If it was too strong or too weak I take again till I find my right dosage, and once I do I add the chacruna or other dmt-containing plant, so I will be able to distinguish a good dose for both plants.

Good luck and let us know how your future tries go!

Xt
#3 Posted : 4/26/2011 2:58:32 PM

Personally id rather reduce a dose of aya down to one mouthful. This makes it much easier to both get down & keep down.
Tho you have to be very careful not to burn/caramelize the brew.

With mimosa brews the sediment needs to be decanted, where Caapi sediment can be consumed without issue. Endless's idea of saving the sediment for a future brew is very clever. There is a theory that the tannins bind to the goodies somehow, which may be why 3 x 3 hour brews seem to be particularly powerful.

That said Gibran2's findings state 83% of the goodies are extracted from Caapi with 4 x 30 minute brews. Which is a hell of a lot less gas/time then 9 hours. I forget if that is with an acid or without. I personally never use an acid as it makes the brew almost impossible to consume for me, tho it has been shown to make a noticeable increase in the brews potency.

Starting low with doses is wise. Perhaps it's a good idea to brew a large volume of Caapi and reduce to a known amount... and make note of how much was consumed and at which point the effects are felt. For example brewing 200g of vine down to 200ml, taking doses of 50g/ml then 60g/ml ect ect.

Adding the light is pointless if your mono amine oxidase enzymes are not inhibited
. This is why people are encouraged to experiment with vine only doses. Once the effective vine dose is found one can systematically start adding light to the brew based on the % of DMT in the chosen admixture. For example if you finds vine effects to be without a doubt in place at a dose of 80g vine, one could prepare a brew of mimosa (1% dmt content) at a dose of 5g which will equate to 50mg of dmt. With full inhibition a dose of dmt will vary, start about 30mg and work up if needed.

I will go out on a limb and say most misfires are due to miss-dosing / under dosing on vine.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

Agave
#4 Posted : 4/27/2011 12:47:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like you went well prepared and had a good introductory experience. Only thing I would change is to get that 1g to 1ml reduction worked out. You can probably safely bump up your dosages a bit next time. One question I do have: Was your chacruna the Maya's Hawaiian, or from somewhere else? Because the Hawaiian is extremely potent and there would be nothing lightwieght about downing 17g of the stuff if you were properly mao inhibited. 10g would be plenty if brewed correctly. If it was from another source then who knows?

Also, I have tried the egg fining on both the caapi and the light and it does help remove some of the bitter tannins. I have also heard adding a bit of milk, like adding cream to your coffee, helps neutralize the tannins. I'll be trying it tomorrow night and let you know how it worksVery happy .
As Within, So Without.