We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Freeze precipitation ends with xstals on side and yellow goo in the bottom Options

Nov5th
#1 Posted : 4/24/2011 9:16:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM did the ratio of 1g powdered bark to 15ml water to 1g lye @ 500g/7.5L/500g SWIM did a few pulls, got the good looking slightly yellow naptha to throw in the freezer. some very small xstals formed on the sides of the glass, and a nice thick level of yellow goo left on the bottom. The first time this happened, SWIM left the glass cup upside down for 5-7 minutes to let the naptha drain and then flipped it back over and went out of the house for about 2-3 hours to run errands and let it finish evaporating. When SWIM returned home, everything not on the sides of the glass had dissolved into the goo at the bottom (actually was yellow/red, the second pull glass was just yellow). SWIM scraped up the little on the sides and set it out to finish drying which is did, and looks fine (yellow/orange), but is definitely the spice sought after. SWIM mixed naptha back into the remaining watery goo on the bottom and put back into the freezer hoping for better results.

Is SWIM the only one who seems to be getting ridiculous amounts of unwanted fats and oils in his process? SWIM read from plenty of people that its just like baking a cake, yet this is the first time SWIM has not succeeded in trying something new when following the directions exactly. (SWIM uses Noman's tek)

SWIM is to the point of throwing everything away and saying f*ck it, as its been nothing but dealing with problems since the beginning (lazyman's tek is completely worthless).

Thank you for your time

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

bringeroflight
#2 Posted : 4/24/2011 10:30:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hm... swim has heard of problems like these arising when using powdered bark for STB teks involving lye. You might want to either try out an A/B instead, or use *shredded* rather than powdered mimosa for the STB if you're intent on going that route.
I am awake in a dream called reality.

Nov5th
#3 Posted : 4/24/2011 10:47:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Is there an A/B Tek that you recommend over others for SWIM? One that requires mostly the same or otherwise easily obtainable materials (not muriatic acid). Also one that does not take a few weeks to complete? Thanks for your time and response!

Also have you heard of any solutions to this? SWIM would hate to just through away all this stuff :/

Edit: Also SWIM read on almost every STB tek that they recommend powdering the root bark first. How is it that they tek can work fine with powdered bark, but SWIM can't get it to work for the life of him?

bringeroflight
#4 Posted : 4/24/2011 11:48:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Is there an A/B Tek that you recommend over others for SWIM? One that requires mostly the same or otherwise easily obtainable materials (not muriatic acid). Also one that does not take a few weeks to complete? Thanks for your time and response!

Check this link: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Q21Q21%27s_Vinegar/Lime_A/B_Extraction_Tek. He has a few teks in there that sound like they could work for you.

Swim's usually preferred method is to more or less do what q21 does using calcium hydroxide and limonene, until he reaches the salting stage, at which point he uses FASW to salt the alkaloids. If he decides to freebase from there, he generally tends to do a sodium carbonate precipitation.

Here's a couple other teks that will give you all the information you need to choose the best method for you:

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...oach_to_Spice_Extraction
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m..._-_The_Big_Leisurely_A/B

Once you get a solid grasp of what is being done with each step throughout the extraction, you can mix and combine procedures from any of the above teks to work out your own ideal technique.

Good luck!

Nov5th
#5 Posted : 4/25/2011 4:03:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

That first one looks great! The Tek 2 in it. SWIM was actually contemplating switching to a non lye based tek. lazyman's tek didn't work at all, as SWIM believe there was not enough lye to break down the bark, and after 2 pulls of nothing, SWIM switched to the ratio of Noman's tek, but with all the goop problems SWIM was highly considering using a non lye based tek to see how that turned out. Have someone you know heard of tried the tek and had good results? SWIM found that there are too many teks out there, even on this site, with differentiating feedback to make a good choice for a first time extractor. Thanks again for your advice and my ears are open to all future advice

bringeroflight
#6 Posted : 4/25/2011 8:47:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Oh yes, swim has tried all those teks with great results from each. He doesn't really like using naptha, but he did get the feeling that tek 2 would appeal to SWIY the most, given the details you gave in the first post. No matter which you decide on, I think you'll be pleased.

Ellis D'Empty
#7 Posted : 4/25/2011 9:27:48 AM

Snirfneblin

Well with naptha, the more you heat it the more fats/oils you will get.

When you reuse it, then you'll have stored fats/oils in it.

Lazyman tek sucks (its called lazyman for a reason).

Why would you throw anything away? I just don't get it... you can always turn that "yellow goo" into honey oil (not to be confused with hash oil) and make some awesome changa!
01:13:08 ‹Ellis DEmpty› I met the people living in my head... I disturbed them while they were sitting down at the table.... They were as shocked as I was!

We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and to late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross.

smokerx
#8 Posted : 4/25/2011 4:02:29 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

SWIM got 1.6g of spice out of 100g of mimosa using a good tek. if you want he will post pdf file
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

justine
#9 Posted : 4/25/2011 6:00:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You can perform a mini A/B on the goo to get white crystals, just dissolve the goo in acidified water (use vinegar), basify and pull.
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

Nov5th
#10 Posted : 4/26/2011 3:39:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for all the responses! I would like to see a PDF of that tek. Also I was thinking of using the d linimene (spelling) for a healthier extraction process. Will post more comments after work when I've researched all the help ad links!

Nov5th
#11 Posted : 4/26/2011 3:50:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Newb question here, what is FASW?

Nm found the answer out.