We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
140g MHIRB Noman Options

8Elahtherighteous8
#1 Posted : 4/26/2011 12:30:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone!

I have some questions regarding this extraction a friend of mine is attempting and he has a few questions.

Is the 1g bark/1g lye/15ml water the best proportion?
Should i use water from the tube or from bottle?
He didnt understand very well the evap/freeze, should he put the naphta to evaporate before precipit or can i simply precipitate?

Thanks
and happy trav3ls!
Being a pacifist between wars is like being a vegetarian between meals

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

#2 Posted : 4/26/2011 1:49:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

8Elahtherighteous8 wrote:

1) Is the 1g bark/1g lye/15ml water the best proportion?
2) Should i use water from the tube or from bottle?
3) He didnt understand very well the evap/freeze, should he put the naphta to evaporate before precipit or can i simply precipitate?

1) Yes, this will be fine
2) If by "tube", you mean "tap" then the tube/tap is fine
3) If you evap some before freezing, it will increase the saturation of the naptha, and therefore when you do freeze, more will precipitate out of the mix.
You can precipitate without evapping first, so long as you didn't use too much naptha for your pulls.

Smile
Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

8Elahtherighteous8
#3 Posted : 4/26/2011 2:15:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow thanks for the fast answer!

Also im not sure about one last thing. Ill have the naphta tomorrow would it be wise to start the first part of the job today and leave the solution rest for 24 hours before doing the naphta step or would it be better to do all the same time?

gammagore
#4 Posted : 4/26/2011 2:29:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Get starting with that extraction. No harm in starting with the basification now and let sit for a day.

And don't forget to do an evap test of the naptha to make sure it leaves no residue.

Happy extraction Smile

8Elahtherighteous8
#5 Posted : 4/26/2011 2:31:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh also should the naphta be some special 100% volatile naphta bought in a special store or is the naphta from the gas station fine aswell?

justine
#6 Posted : 4/26/2011 2:36:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

8Elahtherighteous8 wrote:
Oh also should the naphta be some special 100% volatile naphta bought in a special store or is the naphta from the gas station fine aswell?

There should be a chemical cas number on the bottle, check it on the internet and follow gammagore advice to do an evap test.
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake