We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
time between pulls? Options

s14sliding
#1 Posted : 4/17/2011 7:23:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey my first questions are... How long should you let the soluvant sit between pulls before attempting another pull??
Thanks in advance!!
- s14

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

ewok
#2 Posted : 4/17/2011 7:27:51 AM

For the tek I use q21q21's I don't wait between pulls. May help if you say what tek your using?
Black then white are all I see in my infancy.
Red and yellow then came to be,
reaching out to me, lets me see.
There is so much more and it beckons me to look though to these,
infinite possibilities.
As below so above and beyond I imagine,
drawn outside the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

s14sliding
#3 Posted : 4/17/2011 7:35:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

well its a tek i found on Mycotopia i like it alot cause its step-bystep with pictures (im the kind of person that learns better visually)
http://forums.mycoto...p-pictorial.pdf
i have never attempted extraction just yet im still researching and looking for the best tek for me that i think i`ll be able to utilize to full potential. if that makes any sense.
- s14

ewok
#4 Posted : 4/17/2011 8:05:56 AM

The link won't load for me. Have you checked the teks here on the nexus? I've found them really easy to follow with clear instruction's/ pictures etc. Plus people who made the teks are members so who better to get help off than person who made/wrote it. Everyone ends up with there own favorite mine being q21q21's it's easy and get results quick.
Black then white are all I see in my infancy.
Red and yellow then came to be,
reaching out to me, lets me see.
There is so much more and it beckons me to look though to these,
infinite possibilities.
As below so above and beyond I imagine,
drawn outside the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

endlessness
#5 Posted : 4/17/2011 10:14:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If your mimosa is powdered, there is no need to wait between pulls, when its just standing on top of the mixture it wont be pulling so much alkaloids, it does that when its being mixed. What is recommended is that after you added the solvent, you do a few repeated cycles of mixing/letting-stand-to-separate-layers before pulling it out (like lets say, just to quote a number, 4 cycles over the course of an hour). This way you make sure the solvent got into contact with as much mimosa/dmt as possible.

lewinii
#6 Posted : 4/18/2011 7:52:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ahhh.. thanks. needed to know this.
"science never proves anything; you can never duplicate an event precisely at the same moment in time as the initial event. science can only show correlation from the evidence and data derived from it." -benzyme

→ Donate to the Nexus! ←

s14sliding
#7 Posted : 4/19/2011 9:02:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ewok im def going to check more teks out so i get a better idea of what im doing. Endless thanks that sounds like a very good idea. (sorry took me forever to reply)
- s14

barrowingtime
#8 Posted : 4/20/2011 12:40:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thread jack: im currently doing just that, i have the first 2 pulls done used warm naptha, took around hour and a half,

Should my pulled naptha be clear?

also before the next two pulls should i heat up anything else other than the nap?

Thank you.

endlessness
#9 Posted : 4/20/2011 12:57:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

how big where the pulls for how much mimosa?

clear could be good and clean dmt that would precipitate, or clear could mean its not saturated enough, thats why I ask.

warm naphtha sounds good. Freeze separately

barrowingtime
#10 Posted : 4/20/2011 1:05:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

200g mh
first pull 200ml

2nd 300ml

i need at least this much, the surface area is wide.

endlessness
#11 Posted : 4/20/2011 1:09:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I suggest you evap half of it before sticking in the freezer, and reuse after and evaporate after last pull to the end to retrieve last crystals.

Can you transfer crudely the top layer+some black layer to a thin tall container and then transfer more accurately afterwards, so you can get nearly everything out?

barrowingtime
#12 Posted : 4/20/2011 1:20:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

best i have are 2 2000ml mason jars.

s14sliding
#13 Posted : 4/20/2011 2:56:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

another thing im confused about is after getting the naptha out do you put it str8 in the feezer? most of the teks i read say to reuse the naptha for the next pull how am i supposed to do so when im letting it freeze? maybe im just completly confused about that whole part...=/
- s14

Lostkeys
#14 Posted : 4/20/2011 3:16:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

s14sliding wrote:
another thing im confused about is after getting the naptha out do you put it str8 in the feezer? most of the teks i read say to reuse the naptha for the next pull how am i supposed to do so when im letting it freeze? maybe im just completly confused about that whole part...=/

They're talking about reusing the naphtha for the next extraction... basically, after the freeze precip, and you have a "snow-globe" you'll want to filter the naphtha through a coffee filter to catch any free floating crystals, then scrape the crystals from the jars and once the naphtha has filtered, you can add it back to the can, and use it for your next extraction.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain."
--Frank Herbert "Dune"

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

barrowingtime
#15 Posted : 4/20/2011 10:36:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Any way you cut it you mix, let settle, however many times you feel, then pull.

But how long is adequate? I heard 15mins up to 40mins-1hour per each pull.

And what about the time for the later pulls?

None of the Teks im reading are giving much detail in this area.

If it helps i'm talking about 150-200g mhrb 200g NaOH 200ml warm pulls

endlessness
#16 Posted : 4/20/2011 10:38:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just go for it. If you mix a few times it will probably be enough. I think most must dissolve in the solvent in the first mix but just to make sure do a few more. I dont think anybody has made exact experiments with separate duration of pulls and comparing yield.

Im sure you'll be fine, just dont throw anything away before you have your final yield

t0kin
#17 Posted : 4/21/2011 5:17:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

It looks like you're doing an STB tek right? I think people wait between pulls to give the mimosa more time to be broken down by the NaOH. If you wait long enough before the first pull it shouldn't matter. If you've got the time, shake and wait a few times for each pull like endless said.

One other thing, you probably won't gain much by heating just the naphtha. If you're going to heat anything, heat the entire solution in a water bath before you add the naphtha and while it separates. The reason I suggest this is because the naphtha can pull more while warm, but if you heat just the naphtha it will cool down within an instant of shaking it through room temperature solution. Heat also speeds up separation. Remember not to get too crazy with the temperature either, purity seems to go down with increases in heat.

GL

barrowingtime
#18 Posted : 4/21/2011 4:54:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you Tokin, that idea has been on my mine. Heating the entire solution instead of just the Solvent, But i figured since the two separate so suddenly that the solvent will probably keep its temp without being cooled greatly.

Since i gave ample time for the NaOH to break down the stuff i figured heating the solution would only slightly help the solvent, unless of course you have really cold solution.

Is it safe to argue only heat the solution if its cold or if you didn't give the NaHO plenty of time to break down?

t0kin
#19 Posted : 4/21/2011 8:09:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The solvent will cool almost instantly because of the difference in volume. SWIM was heating his STB extractions for a while, putting the entire jar into the sink or bathtub filled with hot water. Yields did increase a bit, but there was more visible yellow and more loss when recrystallizing, not to mention a bit wasteful with our natural resources. It's your call weather you're looking for yields or purity, keeping in mind that you can always re-x later to purify. SWIM would definitely heat if it's cold, but there are those who heat regardless. I'd like to hear what others have to say about heating the solution too.

Remember to heat gradually if you're using glass, he's had 2 or 3 mason jars develop hairline cracks from hot water. No real problems besides small leaks since they were always contained, but it makes lab glass more appealing.

s14sliding
#20 Posted : 4/25/2011 10:44:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Lostkeys wrote:
s14sliding wrote:

They're talking about reusing the naphtha for the next extraction... basically, after the freeze precip, and you have a "snow-globe" you'll want to filter the naphtha through a coffee filter to catch any free floating crystals, then scrape the crystals from the jars and once the naphtha has filtered, you can add it back to the can, and use it for your next extraction.

ok so with the crystals you catch on the coffee filter you throw it into a glass jar?
- s14