We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Did I Smoke DMT? Options

Old Hippie
#1 Posted : 10/29/2008 5:25:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I extracted from 30g MDRB using staight to base. When I put my combined and reduced naptha pulls in a jar in the freezer I got no crystals. I let the jar sit around closed with a plastic lid for a couple days then poured it into a pyrex pie plate to evaporate.

The residue that remained after evaporation was a pale yellow waxy substance that looked just like the picture of DMT on Erowid but definitely not white crystals that people talk about from freezer precipitations.

When I smoked a matchhead sized piece on a piece of foil, inhaling with a straw, it all evaporated leaving no remains. The smoke was extreamely plastic taste...overwhelming so. It was the most foul thing I've ever tasted/smoked. There was an extremely heavy body load but no mental changes, no visual effects just a sensitivity to light. There was nothing i would call psychedelic about it...I.ve taken acid about a dozed times and loved it.

It wore off in 5 to 10 minutes and left me with nausea and headache for the rest of the day.

I can't believe this was DMT. There was nothing about that would inerest anyone in doing it, let alone doing it more than once.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

burnt
#2 Posted : 10/29/2008 5:29:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

what non polar solvent did you use and was it warm when you did the extraction? that can make a big difference. also what was the pH when you were doing your non polar pulls? that also makes a big difference. anyway hopefully SWIY saved some of the material because their is probably still spice in it. anyway it sounds like you may have gotten some of the impurities people are trying not to get when they extract spice perhaps dmt oxide.

tryptographer
#3 Posted : 10/29/2008 9:57:50 PM

tryptamine photographer

Nausea, headache, foul taste... sounds like contamination. Make absolutely sure you're not inhaling solvent residues! Especially if you're evaporating, use very pure nonpolar solvent.
Concentration was probably too low for crystals to form. Maybe next time, to increase spice concentration, evaporate part of the solvent before freeze precipitating... combining all the pulls might have been the cause of this low concentration.
Good luck, don't give up on it: a decent breakthrough is so far beyond the wildest fantasies and so shockingly real it'll permanently change your ideas about life, death and the universe Pleased

KUSHMASTER
#4 Posted : 10/29/2008 10:02:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tryptographer wrote:
Good luck, don't give up on it: a decent breakthrough is so far beyond the wildest fantasies and so shockingly real it'll permanently change your ideas about life, death and the universe Pleased

100% Agreed!

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a character based on other people) obtained a license for said activity or did said activity where it is legal to do so.

smokeydaze
#5 Posted : 10/30/2008 12:57:10 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

Dont be slamming the spice dude !!

Firstly, your extracting from 30g.. whats the point in that? Secondly you most probably didn't smoke just dmt, let alone enough of it to have any effects. Wait till you actually try DMT before you judge it.
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

Garulfo
#6 Posted : 10/30/2008 2:02:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
It was the most foul thing I've ever tasted/smoked. There was an extremely heavy body load but no mental changes, no visual effects just a sensitivity to light.

Well, what you describe look likes DMT anyway. A head match size, poorly smoked in a foil can hardly produce a full experience. Also yellow stuff is always harsher (more probably a lot of tannins, causing nausea). But all in all this look likes a weak DMT extraction result. You should try to dilute in fresh naphta (20 ml) and freeze precip your yellow stuff.

lorax
#7 Posted : 10/30/2008 10:41:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dont evaporate naphtha freeze precip and use again. that way you will give the oil companies as little money as possible. a friend always lets his crystals dry for at least 2 days on filterpaper and then stores it in an open jar sitting in a container full of dessicant for a week before he uses it. he is VERY careful to have a EXTREMELY dry product.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

Old Hippie
#8 Posted : 10/30/2008 5:27:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for your input. I in no way meant to disrespect DMT. I'll ty another freeze precip to see if I can get rid of contaminants.

Old Hippie

mardybum
#9 Posted : 10/31/2008 5:06:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Try smoking a dose the size of your thumbs fingernail through a bong without water. I don't mind smoking waxy yellow goop Very happy

smokeydaze
#10 Posted : 10/31/2008 10:52:47 PM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

why smoke it in a bong without water ?

DreaMTripper
#11 Posted : 10/31/2008 11:45:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

smokeydaze wrote:
why smoke it in a bong without water ?

The water 'catches' a few mgs of the spice and the vapours/smoke dont seem to gather as much.

smokeydaze
#12 Posted : 10/31/2008 11:58:51 PM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

Yea really, does the same apply for when you smoke enhanced leaf ?

burnt
#13 Posted : 11/3/2008 5:06:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

^^ probably but its minor.

acolon_5
#14 Posted : 11/3/2008 5:41:49 PM

The Great Namah

I've started adding water to my bong and there seems to be very little difference other than having very smooth smoke.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

smokeydaze
#15 Posted : 11/4/2008 5:58:45 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

ye exactly.. when I read don't use water I thought farkk that I value my throat.

timeloop
#16 Posted : 11/4/2008 11:07:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ive noticed when using water in the bong that it can actually slightly reduce any contaminants in quickly evaporated spice. It does reduce potency somewhat, however it is hardly noticeable...

do what mardybum mentioned... try a 50mg thumbnail sized dose and report back

Smile

lorax
#17 Posted : 11/7/2008 2:10:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

always use bongs with water! the water doesn't really catch enough to affect your trip. plus its way nicer having it go down smooth.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

stoneyone
#18 Posted : 11/8/2008 3:22:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

swim always smokes out of his water bong with the water in it. swim always heard it was about taking the biggest hits and holding them in for a good while is key for a breakthrough.

mattimus
#19 Posted : 11/8/2008 9:16:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM uses a bong with several percolating chambers and he can see impurities that were squeezed out around the percolated openings
The above is quoted from www.google.com

Take responsibility for making your own life beautiful.