We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Shelite/naptha residue? Options

Alienteaparty
#1 Posted : 3/29/2011 9:46:43 AM

Dimitri Spacepipe

howdy! i haven't posted here in a while because iv been rather busy, but iv finally done my first semi successful extraction. the reason why i say semi successful is because my finished product is fluffy yet slightly oily white crystals! but the problem is that iv had a fan blowing air over them for 10+ hours and i can swear the bowl still smells slightly of
shelite/naptha.
iv used the dmt handbook tek with some slight alterations such as soaking the bark rather than boiling it. i also added 100g of extra lye. i also evaporated some of the shelite/naptha with a fan before putting the solution in the freezer.
is there any way of making sure that i have dmt and only dmt in my finished product.

all answers,questions and comments are welcome.
thanks peeps Smile
“He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.” - Samuel Johnson

Disclaimer: Every post by Alienteaparty is in no way to be taken seriously, Alienteaparty is purely a figment of a sick-sad child's imagination!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Alienteaparty
#2 Posted : 3/29/2011 9:56:07 AM

Dimitri Spacepipe

Oh by the way. the shelite/naptha i was using says its 100% hydrocarbon liquid on the bottle.
“He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.” - Samuel Johnson

Disclaimer: Every post by Alienteaparty is in no way to be taken seriously, Alienteaparty is purely a figment of a sick-sad child's imagination!

ragabr
#3 Posted : 3/29/2011 6:18:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Did you try evaporating just the naptha, and seeing if it left a residue?

I hear that solvent can get trapped in the crystals, so often people will re-X with acetone or IPA to get rid of any nasties that hang around.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

acolon_5
#4 Posted : 3/29/2011 7:02:20 PM

The Great Namah

Scrape, chop, and put into a new container. Give it a bit of time. It SHOULD clear up. I'd loose the fan if you chop up your xtals.

I use heptane to rextalize and it evaps extremely quickly and from what I can tell, completely.

The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Alienteaparty
#5 Posted : 4/1/2011 3:16:19 PM

Dimitri Spacepipe

hey thanks for the reply guys. it all turned out alright.
and its awesome stuff ^.^

thanks again!

AlexanderDiogenes
#6 Posted : 4/22/2011 8:27:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Alien, what did you end up doing? Just chopping it up and waiting for it to evap better?

Alienteaparty
#7 Posted : 4/23/2011 12:28:28 PM

Dimitri Spacepipe

sorry for the late reply Alex iv been busy and haven't had much time to post lately. and i sort of forgot about this post.
all i did is chop it up and powder it as much as i could with a spoon then put it under the fan again.
im pretty sure the Shellite i use leaves trace amounts of residue. but there is no sent of it after a few hours under the fan.
a little test i did is put a tiny bit of the final product on a toothpick and burnt it. to check the smell. it just smelt like DMT and burnt just like it.

hope this helps.