We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Bill to legalize cannabis sales in liquor stores in Washington - Please Call! Options

alzabo
#1 Posted : 4/22/2011 7:34:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes!
Just left a message @ Chris Hurst's office and Rob McKenna's office.
Let sanity prevail.
These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Not Sure
#2 Posted : 4/22/2011 7:39:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As soon as this passes Im opening a hash bar in Bellingham.

how will they regulate an open container law for herb? So many questions. I better make the call to say thanks.
“Psychedelics are like square roots. They can take you from a place you know, to a place you never imagined could have existed”

proto-pax
#3 Posted : 4/22/2011 9:56:13 PM

bird-brain

A Mckenna is opposed to legalizing marijuana? Laughing
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

Ice House
#4 Posted : 4/22/2011 11:34:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Great post! I think real bill you should be following is SB 5073 I believe that this amendment to RCW 69.51A to be the most comprehensive and the ammendment most likely to pass in some form. This ammendment concerns the dispensing of medical cannabis.

I would like to mention here that it is not the intention of the writers of the bill/ammendment/s to sell medical cannabis in state operated liquor stores. The intention is to allow sales in state liscensed dispensaries with the WA state liquor control board governing or overseeing the operation.

The governor has stated that she will not sign any bill or amendment that has state employees participating in the operation or management of marijuana. She, the governor, has been getting allot of heat from the Feds over these bills and amendments because of state participation in federally illicit cannabis sales.

I would expect to see something else pass that privatizes and taxes cannabis sales.

A state run operation managed by state employees in state owned liquor stores does sound wonderful but it will never happen any time soon.

I do support what the original poster has stated-
call your state representatives if you live in WA and be heard. every voice counts.

ih
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

olympus mon
#5 Posted : 5/13/2011 7:44:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

great accurate information icehouse thank you for sharing. Washington seems to be the in the lead for easy access to medicinal marijuana. i hope other states will follow.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.