We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
*PROOF* Freebasing acetates with only heat (to white crystals *pic*) Options

The Wizard
#21 Posted : 3/15/2010 7:27:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

69ron wrote:
Boiling points are often double the melting point, so I'm not surprised to find that DMT doesn't really boil at 80 C. I would suspect that 120 C would be needed. The actual melting point according to Aldrich (a company that sold DMT) was 58-67 C. There numbers are probably correct, and the others are probably in error. That would put the boiling point at about 120 C not 80 C.

well another thing we have to think about is that PURE..like absolutely pure dmt is not solid at room temp...at least that is what benzyme has hinted at...

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

69ron
#22 Posted : 3/15/2010 7:37:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

spork wrote:
well another thing we have to think about is that PURE..like absolutely pure dmt is not solid at room temp...at least that is what benzyme has hinted at...

Yes, it's waxy, meaning it's not a complete solid, it's very slightly melted.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

narmz
#23 Posted : 3/15/2010 8:24:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
spork wrote:

Yes, it's waxy, meaning it's not a complete solid, it's very slightly melted.

Just curious, cause I've seen the pics of the heptane recrystallization, both freeze precipped and room-temp crystal growth, both of those seem to be very solid, not waxy at all(and they don't seem to degrade to a waxy or melted substance), are those impure in some way?
Everything I post is made up fiction. SWIM represents a character who is not based in or on reality.

69ron
#24 Posted : 3/15/2010 9:37:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Appearance can be misleading.

Very pure DMT looks like shards of glass, very beautiful, but if you touch it, they get smashed like wax rather than breaking apart like glass. Pure bufotenine looks almost the same, like shards of glass, but they are very brittle and break like glass when touched.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

The Wizard
#25 Posted : 3/17/2010 1:44:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

just to add to this thread...for shits and giggles i added 15 DROPS of acetone to about 100mg of the HOPEFULLY dmt freebase that was collected from this technique and it was absorbed by the acetone almost instantly.....10 seconds tops...

timeloop
#26 Posted : 3/27/2010 10:12:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

WOW, I just stumbled upon this thread and I must say nice work! This will definitely fit well with my current experiments

cheers!

endlessness
#27 Posted : 4/4/2010 8:17:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Im having troubles with this method..

was trying to test the difference between FASI+freebasing with this vinegar+evap-base conversion... so the first to pulls were divided, half in each method. But this acetate is taking already over a day evapping.. The first part evapped quick but when it arrived at the end when its this ruby coloured goo, it doesnt seem to progress much. Im evapping with the setting at 110degrees C in the oven, but with the door open and fan turned towards it.. I suspect it must be more like around 60c or so, because I can still hold the glass without burning my hand.

I dont want to waste all the energy of the world for this... and specially, Im affraid to be ruining the dmt with these black parts that are forming on the scrapped parts, notice:

Im wondering if I should just abort this freebase evap conversion and go for sodium carbonate freebase because I could do it now already and not waste so much energy and not risk destroying the dmt

۩
#28 Posted : 4/4/2010 8:42:08 PM

Your problem seems to stem from the impurities you mentioned in your vinegar.
300+ml of vinegar can be evaporated and freebased with heat in just a matter of a few hours.
Everyone: MAKE SURE YOUR VINEGAR IS JUST WATER AND ACETIC ACID, NO IMPURITIES!

q21q21
#29 Posted : 4/4/2010 8:52:43 PM

SWIM

it is messy initially, SWIM bought a 1.25 cheap frying pan and a ceramic dish that fits perfectly with only 1cm between it and the pan, he filled it with OIL and now used that, it takes 20-25 minutes for 50ml to evaporate.

but the newest breakthrough is to be posted soon.

Quote:
in really basic terms it's this:

-Make a saturated solution of DMT (jimjam) acetate

-filter using 2 droppers, one with a small bit of a cotton ball stuffed in.

-Fill tincture bottle. Vinegar holds ~75mg/ml so you have what would likely be a very stable tincture.
(Alternatively a measured quantity could be dissolved for slightly more precise concentration)

-Tincture can be used for pharmahuasca/mucosahuasca and (just perfected) smoking.

-Since ~20 drops in 1 ml, each drop is ~3.75mg, use something flat and glass, like a coaster. (a spoon could work in a pinch) and place the required dose on the flat surface (10 drops = 37.5mg)

-Heat from underneath with a lighter (and heat source >70C will work) As the small puddle evaporates steam will be seen and the water evaporates leaving a thin film of melted freebase, when SWIM did this he didn't see any smoke, nor did it smell like vaporized DMT.

-Use a razor (or copper from the-machine if a spoon was used) to scrape up the freebase, scrape onto smoking device, smoke.

As much as this seems like a lot of work, this is taking the measuring of a dose before smoking completely out of the equation. ]

The first time SWIM tried this it took 25 seconds or so to evaporate, 10 seconds to scrape and put in the bowl and 15 seconds to take 2 huge tokes and the bowl was cleaned. The product is so pure he almost completely broke through on 5 drops! (18.75mg)

If you have a 60ml tincture bottle you can have it hold over 4 grams of pre-measured all-purpose DMT. (SWIM has 6 he got off Ebay for under 10 dollars.)
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

shoe
#30 Posted : 4/4/2010 10:38:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Wizard wrote:
holy crap it worked....i had some freebase jimjam lying around..so i put about 100mg in some vinegar...and then evaporated the vinegar...left it on the heat until i couldnt smell acetic acid anymore...and then took it off the heat...and let it sit overnight...when i looked at it this morning i see freebase dmt crystals spreading across the glass

and yea there are a few particles of dust there... Razz

That's amazing, I think if SWIM performed this, I don't know,my gut instinct says that the DMT would evaporate. SWIMS DMT Evaporates even when he's just heating some naptha at about ~70*C, you can smell it coming right out of solution and vaporising before the rest of it has even dissolved!! So, How you managed to boil off some vinegar and keep the freebase in the pan, I have NO idea.

Somone explain this to me?
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

۩
#31 Posted : 4/4/2010 10:44:53 PM

shoe wrote:
The Wizard wrote:
holy crap it worked....i had some freebase jimjam lying around..so i put about 100mg in some vinegar...and then evaporated the vinegar...left it on the heat until i couldnt smell acetic acid anymore...and then took it off the heat...and let it sit overnight...when i looked at it this morning i see freebase dmt crystals spreading across the glass

That's amazing, I think if SWIM performed this, I don't know,my gut instinct says that the DMT would evaporate. SWIMS DMT Evaporates even when he's just heating some naptha at about ~70*C, you can smell it coming right out of solution and vaporising before the rest of it has even dissolved!! So, How you managed to boil off some vinegar and keep the freebase in the pan, I have NO idea.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=11159

Ice House
#32 Posted : 4/5/2010 4:19:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Quote:
Endlessness said - Im wondering if I should just abort this freebase evap conversion and go for sodium carbonate freebase because I could do it now already and not waste so much energy and not risk destroying the dmt.

Quote:
Ice House Shaman said - damage control is a great idea.
I've been farting around with this conversion and it just isnt happening. I can see and smell my spice going up the ehuast hood. I would suggest sticking with sodium carbonate freebase conversion.

This tek needs to be refined and proven allot more by somebody that knows what he's doing allot better than me.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

q21q21
#33 Posted : 4/5/2010 5:20:42 AM

SWIM

Ice House Shaman wrote:
I've been farting around with this conversion and it just isnt happening. I can see and smell my spice going up the ehuast hood. I would suggest sticking with sodium carbonate freebase conversion.

This tek needs to be refined and proven allot more by somebody that knows what he's doing allot better than me.

Demonstration that this tek can be used both in large scale and small scale and produces absolutely no noticeable loss
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

endlessness
#34 Posted : 4/5/2010 8:49:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I guess each one needs to find for themselves if this tek works.. Im happy you are exploring these untreaded areas, q21, but for me this just isnt working, seems for ice house shaman neither, so I think its important that people are aware it might not work for all...

for those interested, still worth a try though, and tell us back if it worked. I'll go for the sodium carbonate conversion. I wonder how much dmt should one expect from the first two pulls of 400 grams mimosa, so that I add a more or less correct amount of herbs to infuse.

۩
#35 Posted : 4/5/2010 5:16:23 PM

Ice House Shaman, what was in your vinegar? Was it pure?

shoe
#36 Posted : 4/5/2010 6:48:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

۩ wrote:
shoe wrote:
The Wizard wrote:

Call me a mongo but that didn't actually even impact on the surface. :s
Why is it heating DMT Acetate converts it to freebase, but heating DMT fumarate and or Freebase (dry or in solution) vaporises it?
There is definately no loss into the atmosphere? SWIM might have to try this!
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

Big Inhale
#37 Posted : 9/17/2010 7:28:14 PM

The Enlightend One

shoe wrote:
۩ wrote:
shoe wrote:
The Wizard wrote:

Call me a mongo but that didn't actually even impact on the surface. :s
Why is it heating DMT Acetate converts it to freebase, but heating DMT fumarate and or Freebase (dry or in solution) vaporises it?
There is definately no loss into the atmosphere? SWIM might have to try this!
Tried the link but access was denied. Anyonne know why?
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

endlessness
#38 Posted : 9/17/2010 7:29:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Myco
#39 Posted : 12/30/2010 10:37:37 PM

73μ

I know folks here are usually using the 5% acetic acid vinegar.... but is the 3% or 4% dilution that is also sometimes on the grocery shelf just as good for this or is the 5% much better? Wut?

Thanks to everyone for their experimentation with acetate conversion.
arrive without traveling.

amor_fati
#40 Posted : 4/21/2011 8:42:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM's been doing somewhat extensive work with this, and he ran into a little snag. While one can clearly obtain a smokable product free of acetic acid taste when vaporized, presumably freebase, vinegar itself (yes, even distilled white vinegar) contains a fair amount of impurities that can not only throw off one's weight but also clog a smoking device (not a huge problem if one's sure to cash each time), and make for a strange, almost sickeningly sweet taste to the vapor, proportional to the concentration of impurities and how heated they are allowed to get).

Anyway, this is what he's been reporting:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/d...&m=233118#post233118
amor_fati wrote:
SWIM's had some trifling results from vinegar evaporations. Something seems to be gumming up his product and almost seems like a sugar, as it has a sweet smell and seems to caramelize when an attempt to vaporize is made. He believes it to originate in the vinegar itself since evaporating straight vinegar left a powder and he had the same impurity when salting from straight limonene as well as veggie oil. This may be unique to the particular generic brand of vinegar, so he'll try evaporating some heinz distilled white vinegar and see what comes of it. Kind of unexpected and troublesome...he'll get to the bottom of it.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/d...&m=236580#post236580
amor_fati wrote:
SWIM's decided to elaborate on the impurities he's finding when evaping vinegar:

The first photo is of the precipitates after evaping vinegar used in salting, diluted at ~1:2 with water. This after an IPA wash to remove residual oil and a bit air-drying. The precipitates are bone dry in this photo.

The second photo is of the precipitates having been scraped up. The consistency is waxy but doesn't adhere easily to itself, as it's quite flaky and could probably only be compressed into a resin to achieve a solid chunk.

The third is the remnants of vaporization. It's a dry powder and gives the vapor a sweet taste, as if caramelizing (as has been mentioned previously). Apart from throwing off the weight of the product, this powder will clog air passage if allowed to accumulate in a smoking device. SWIM still isn't sure whether this impurity originates in the vinegar or is carried over from oil and limonene, but he doesn't think it's anything that could dissolve in oil of any kind. Again, he's only seen this substance after evaping vinegar no matter what he's used it to salt from.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/d...&m=236919#post236919
amor_fati wrote:
Well, no luck with Heinz distilled white vinegar. The photo is what it looks like when one evaporates it straight from the store. This has not been used in any part of an extraction.

For SWIM, that largely puts to rest the possibility of utilizing acetate's beneficial properties. He is, however, experimenting with IPA and vinegar, so we'll see where that goes.

Anyway, more work needs to be done before this could be considered viable.

PREV123NEXT