We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
hi Options

mike
#1 Posted : 4/9/2011 1:05:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

hi,

if you havn't seen Contact (1997). Watch it. Seriously. Cool

ive just finished it & was in tears for the beach scene. Whoa.

14 years this film has exsited & i watch it now ?

it was recommended on a thread over in the adult's section of the board, but, hey, fellow nursery kiddies - its worth a watch!

now more than ever.

mike

love / humanity \ wisdom

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Lodi
#2 Posted : 4/9/2011 1:52:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Mike, I agree, very wonderful movie, leaves a lot of pondering at the end.

Tell us a little about yourself considering this is an introduction essay.

Nice to have you with us Mike.

Much peace and love
Everything I say is fictional, I do not support illegal drug use of any kind, SWIM is a fictional character.

zalxder
#3 Posted : 4/20/2011 3:17:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sweet movie I just finished watching it after reading this post.

Has to be one of my top 10 favorite movies Ive seen.

Each and every single one of us is the most amazing precious rare gem to exist in what we know as life. We are capable of dreaming the most beautiful dreams, and the most horrific nightmares. I think that what none of us want to hear is that this planet is what we make of it. The responsibility is on us.

I will try to be now what I was In a child's imagination's eye Transforming mind and spirit Into harmony In these unfamiliar places

Within each of us is an Angel waiting to emerge, become the Angel within, and create a new world where Angels walk this Earth

physicists say that the world is made of stuff. philosophers say is stuff stuff? and engineers say how can we make stuff better?

bassmethod
#4 Posted : 4/20/2011 4:00:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome Mike! I'm new to the forum myself, glad to see new members who are commiserate towards science fiction.
You should check out Carl Sagan's book 'Contact' sometime.
Aside from that, what are some of your hobbies and interests? What brought you to this forum?

Mickey_Mouse_33
#5 Posted : 4/21/2011 1:20:46 AM
Energy is eternal delight

I absolutely loved this movie, I actually saw it for the first time tonight. The courtroom scene made me cry, out of joy. I will have to see it again and probably read the book as well. Sagan was an amazing man.
If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough.
- Meister Eckhart

tigerstrike92
#6 Posted : 4/21/2011 4:25:13 AM

Homo-divinorum

I just finished watching that movie maybe a week or so ago, and I must completely agree, the ending was spectacular. Her journey through the wormhole was oddly reminiscent...Smile
Let the plants guide you, for they teach lessons beyond what we humans can offer.
Distorted is our perception of reality, because reality is much more distorted than we could ever perceive it to be.

All posts made by this username do not actually exist. They are hallucinations caused by the reception of light photons by the retinae of homo sapien sapien. You are already inside the rabbit hole.

Follow the path you have chosen, travelers, you will not regret the outcome, that I can assure you.

Enoon
#7 Posted : 4/21/2011 9:02:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

movie and book are both very very good, and yes Carl Sagan was an amazing person. There's quite a bit of material of his on the web that always makes for an interesting read. Carl Sagan is one of the main reasons I became a physicist.

Other than watching the movie contact, what made you decide to join the nexus, mike? any dmt experiences or intentions/curiosities? welcome here in any case.

cheers & love
Enoon
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction