We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Expiration on MHRB?/revision of tax system Options

JasperRain
#1 Posted : 4/20/2011 4:35:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Nexus, It's been a while since I last posted but know that you guys are never far from my heart (or googsele chrome favorites list).

I have a bag of MHRB that has been sitting in my basement for roughly 10 months, is it still ok for use? It's been kept in a gallon size ziplock bag in a dry cupboard.

Earlier this week I was reading a thread asking everyone's opinion for the utopian society, since I'm not a full member I wasn't able to post my response--so I'm going to put it here in the hopes that it generates some thought.

I propose a tax system that taxes people based upon their ability to pay it (I.E. salary, amount of dependents, ect), but allows people to pay towards the things they want to support. The way this would work is like this: There are tax bracket tiers that you can pay into, such as defense, govt payroll, science, education, infrastructure, ect. A minimal percentage of your taxes paid must go to each group (I.E. 10% govt payroll, 8& education), but the majority of your money goes towards what you want it too. If there is a specific group you want to donate to inside of the tier (such as nasa), then you may request that your money goes to it. This would promote more government transparency, more power to the people, and would greater emphasize what American's truly value. I believe this is the most democratic way one could deal with taxes while still remaining functional.

My philosophy professor was pretty against this idea because he said it undermined the value of voting on representatives. He also gave the example "What would tea-partiers vote for?" He then reminded me that the tea-party has a lot of money since rich republicans back them. While I may not agree with what the tea-party stands for, they are a significant portion of the population and therefore represent America. If the majority of American's are tea partiers, then by all means our government should reflect that (no matter how gag inducing it sounds).

Am I just being a wide-eyed idealist, or could this actually work? I understand this isn't very fleshed out, but hey, it was a one pay philosophy paper.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

endlessness
#2 Posted : 4/20/2011 10:49:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

As for mimosa and storage, check the FAQ

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/FAQ#DMT.2FPlant_storage

I have already thought of something similar regarding taxes and it seems good to me, as well as a more direct democracy using the internet where people can suggest/veto/vote for new laws and changes in laws and so on. But im no expert in governing systems, so who knows what other problematic aspects these kind of suggestions might lead to.

smokerx
#3 Posted : 4/20/2011 10:59:06 AM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

JasperRain wrote:
Hi Nexus, It's been a while since I last posted but know that you guys are never far from my heart (or googsele chrome favorites list).

I have a bag of MHRB that has been sitting in my basement for roughly 10 months, is it still ok for use? It's been kept in a gallon size ziplock bag in a dry cupboard.

Earlier this week I was reading a thread asking everyone's opinion for the utopian society, since I'm not a full member I wasn't able to post my response--so I'm going to put it here in the hopes that it generates some thought.

I propose a tax system that taxes people based upon their ability to pay it (I.E. salary, amount of dependents, ect), but allows people to pay towards the things they want to support. The way this would work is like this: There are tax bracket tiers that you can pay into, such as defense, govt payroll, science, education, infrastructure, ect. A minimal percentage of your taxes paid must go to each group (I.E. 10% govt payroll, 8& education), but the majority of your money goes towards what you want it too. If there is a specific group you want to donate to inside of the tier (such as nasa), then you may request that your money goes to it. This would promote more government transparency, more power to the people, and would greater emphasize what American's truly value. I believe this is the most democratic way one could deal with taxes while still remaining functional.

My philosophy professor was pretty against this idea because he said it undermined the value of voting on representatives. He also gave the example "What would tea-partiers vote for?" He then reminded me that the tea-party has a lot of money since rich republicans back them. While I may not agree with what the tea-party stands for, they are a significant portion of the population and therefore represent America. If the majority of American's are tea partiers, then by all means our government should reflect that (no matter how gag inducing it sounds).

Am I just being a wide-eyed idealist, or could this actually work? I understand this isn't very fleshed out, but hey, it was a one pay philosophy paper.

first i think that you can use your MHRB it should be just fine.

secondly how about not to pay tax at all hmmm ? how about not to have money at all ? do we really need them ? ofcourse we dont .
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

JasperRain
#4 Posted : 4/21/2011 1:06:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Alright, thank you for your input.

You are correct that we don't need money, nor do we need to be taxed...While I do believe that an anarchy state represents the truest form of freedom and is something worth working towards I do not believe we'll see it in our lifetime, nor do I believe our species is ready for such a dramatic change in infrastructure. This is why I propose the tax revision...It's not a destruction of the system, but it's one foot forwards in a new direction.

Entropymancer
#5 Posted : 4/21/2011 5:33:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

endlessness wrote:
a more direct democracy using the internet where people can suggest/veto/vote for new laws and changes in laws and so on. But im no expert in governing systems, so who knows what other problematic aspects these kind of suggestions might lead to.

I think you would would wake up the next morning and find that the country had apparently voted to rename itself 4chan Laughing

JasperRain
#6 Posted : 4/21/2011 5:54:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

While your comment is in jest, it strikes what's at the center of the problem: ourselves. How do we go about changing the minds of those who would ruin a utopia? I have faith that mankind will eventually outgrow the need for government, but I'm not quite sure on how to make that growth possible? I would love to say "everyone just do a bunch of shrooms," but the fact is that probably wouldn't solve anything. People are so content to be passive, to accept their lives and their countries the way they are without acting towards a change. We walk around and say "this law isn't fair, that law isn't fair," yet they never vote, nor run for office, nor set fire to the white-house (I'm not advocating that last one, but it is one way to change things). Before you can change the world for the better, you must first get people to care and to realize that A. The world needs changing B. They have the power to change it.